RC Enthusiast

Slow accelaration

Took the revo 3.3 out about 4 days ago for the first time in a long time it seemed like it wasn't accelerating properly. Then again it was only 4C outside, is that too cold?
    Thanks!

RC Racer
    Adjust slipper clutch

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk

RC Enthusiast
    Will do!
    Thanks ozrevoguy!

RC Qualifier
    assuming slipper is good ---- tuning is off.... gotta have that punchy take off acceleration. lean that hsn and lsn properly....

RC Enthusiast
    Ok. During next run I will attempt to tune the truck.

RC poster
    My truck was just reving, so I read on a thread to tighten the slipper clutch, the screw at the end of the spur gear. After this it seems a bit lazy. Do you reckon it is to tight. I tightened it up and loosened 1/8. It was running fine before.

RC Enthusiast
    Does anyone get major squealing on their slipper? I've tried tightening it and loosing it, and same thing.. I recently replaced the pads as I only had 2 due to one cracking/being in pieces

When the engine is cold, the oil has circulated enough yet. However, it is odd to have a delay in power like that anyways, I would check transmission fluid, and the condition of your air filter. If the tranny is dragging or there is not enough air flow, the engine will bog a bit.

RC Champion
    considering its been sitting for so long odds are its not tuned to the conditions. As for the 4C temp, i ran mine yesterday at -10C with a -20C windchill here in BC lol.
    Lead, follow, or get out of my way!

RC Enthusiast
    Could be running a bit rich. Especially if its not shifting to 2nd.
    When i was still learning, I put a set of paddles on and went to a local wash. Figured I'd show off. Pretty embarassing. Thing just putzed around. Got back home, turned needle in half a turn, ripped up and down the street. lesson learned.
    Revo Rustler 8ight B & T Kyosho Neo Wraith & XR10

Quote Originally Posted by antonyjacob View Post
    When the engine is cold, the oil has circulated enough yet. However, it is odd to have a delay in power like that anyways, I would check transmission fluid, and the condition of your air filter. If the tranny is dragging or there is not enough air flow, the engine will bog a bit.
    Are you talking about nitro RC engines or automotive drivetrains?
    The Super Derecho