Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    RC Champion
    Hibernating in my basement, trying to see just how many RC projects i can work on at one time!!

Maxxxmasher's Fiesta drift build!

I finally made up my mind, pulled the trigger, and bought myself a mini. I have micros and 1/10ths, but never a mini. I'm really starting to like the drift thing, so that is the direction I will be taking this car. Since I wanted drift wheels, my own powerplant, and I like my own painted bodies, I went the Ebay roller route. I found one fairly cheap, and it already had Venom aluminum links, Integy piggyback shocks, and a heat sink motor plate. I also picked up front and rear red RPM a-arms and front and rear axle carriers. In addition to those, I picked up a Fiestsa clear body and a set of red chrome drift wheels/tires from theToyz. I'll be adding some more red aluminum and I also need some batteries. Can't wait to get started! Here's what I'm getting......

In case you didn't know what these look like.....

These too.....

Gonna have a black and red and chrome color scheme.

These wheels are gonna look cool on this!

FLM BL E-Maxx - BL Slash - BL 4Tec - Wraith - SCX-10 - Custom Axial 6WD - Custom Losi micro Monster Truck - Losi Micro-T Hummer - Custom Losi Micro Peterbilt Crawler - More to come!!
    Slash BL-Pede-E 4Tec-FLM EMAXX-Wraith-AX-10-SCX-10

RC Racer
    looks promising! can't wait to see the result.

In the meanwhile, you might want to order a diff locker for the rear diff, it will help a lot. Installing it is fairly easy. I took some pictures when I locked mine but haven't yet formed them into a guide.

BTW - It's a new roller or a used one? and how did you find it? I was looking quite a bit on ebay and didn't find that one...

RC Champion
    Hibernating in my basement, trying to see just how many RC projects i can work on at one time!!
    Thanks for the info! Yeah, it wasn't on there long. I was looking several times a day at them and parts for them. I was going to buy a brand new roller and this one popped up. I think it was on there for about a few hours. Less than half a day, for sure. It was cheaper than any of the new rollers, looks like brand new, comes with a servo, and has a few hop-ups installed. (If you can consider Integy shocks a hop up, anyways!) I know their stuff generally is not good. I have had my share of disappointments with their stuff early on in my RC days, but this shouldn't be flying off any jumps, so they should be ok. If they do leak, teflon tape on all the threads usually cures that problem. Gonna power it with an XL-5 esc, a Novak 20T motor and dual 1S 30c 5000 lipos. Should scoot pretty well!!

FLM BL E-Maxx - BL Slash - BL 4Tec - Wraith - SCX-10 - Custom Axial 6WD - Custom Losi micro Monster Truck - Losi Micro-T Hummer - Custom Losi Micro Peterbilt Crawler - More to come!!

RC Champion
    Man, I love package day! I hadn't even checked tracking for this package, and it got here today! I got my car from the seller and the body from hopmeup. One plus and one minus with the car. It didn't come with a servo as I thought it would. It did, however, come with a locked rear diff which I was going to do anyways. Not an expensive part, but saves me the hassle of putting it in. It's also in really nice shape. Barely a scuff on the bottom. The topside looks brand new. More stuff later....here's some pics.

The paintjob will be epic on this!

Like new!

Shiny!

HR finned heatsink/mount is a nice bonus.

Hardly a scratch!

Had to throw some extra 4Tec wheels on there to see how they'd look. Car fits great on my trailer.

Or it can ride piggyback.

RC Qualifier
    Lookin good !

RC Champion
    Thanks! I got some new parts in pretty quickly. Got my blingin' drift wheel/tires in and all of my RPM goodies, too. I sorta went hog wild and ordered up a bunch of stuff for this car. I got three of 2S Lipos, a 540 motor plate (didn't realize it wouldn't fit the HR one), a Traxxas servo, a Losi drift accessory kit, another Spektrum reciever, a foam bumper, some Spaz Stix chrome paint, a Carbon wing, Castle connectors, and an extra Spur gear. Can't wait to get the stuff. My mailman will hate me this week!! Here what I got so far....

Who doesn't love a bunch of RPM stuff?

Bling, bling!

Had to mount them up....

Hoonigans need some big rotors, yo!!!

Edited for language abuse. If you see a starred out word in your post, you must edit it out to avoid earning warning points; this also applies when a company or product name has been blocked by the language filter.
    Last edited by cooleocool; 02-09-2014 at 03:18 PM.

RC Champion
    Edited for language abuse. If you see a starred out word in your post, you must edit it out to avoid earning warning points; this also applies when a company or product name has been blocked by the language filter.[/QUOTE]

Oh, sorry. I didn't know I had to edit the companies' name out. All apologies! I don't think I've ever had a point in the six or so years I've been on here.

RC Champion
    Got a few more goodies in the mail today! Should have some more tomorrow, too! Expect some actual build updates on Friday. No work Thursday night means rc construction. Here's what I got today...

I got my drift kit, the other set of RPM carriers, my chrome paint, and some new castle connectors. Can't wait to get started!

These parts are pretty cool! Intercooler and boomin' exhaust!

RC Champion
    I got some parts in yesterday and today. I think I have just about everything I need to start building! No work tonight, so once I tuck the wife in, I'll have all night to work on this baby! I should be asleep right now, but I had to get all my Valentine's day things in order. Got off work at 8am, and I'm still up. Not good, considering I have a Mgt. Meeting this evening. Oh well, an energy drink and a pile of parts will easily keep me awake tonight. Here's what I got....

Yesterday's delivery.....three 2s 30c 1600mah lipo packs, a 540 motor plate, a Spektrum 3 channel reciever, some red anodized mini body clips, and a Traxxas servo.

Today's delivery includes an exo-carbon wing, front bumper foam, and an extra spur gear.

Here's everything all together, minus the body and the Parma Faskolor paints I'll be using.....nothing like a clean slate and a pile of parts!!

RC Champion
    After doing a few things last night, I finally got to my pile of goodies. I started opening up the parts, and laying stuff out, eager to build. I have never owned a 1/16th Traxxas and this didn't come with a manual, so my going was a bit slower than usual. I did notice, before I even started, that there was oil on the chassis near the front shocks. I was actually hoping it was the Integy shock leaking. Once I got the front end apart, I discovered that the front diff housing was broken. Rrrrrrr......This makes Maxxx angry! There was no mention of this when I bought the car from the seller on ebay. It obviously hit something pretty hard and I suspect the chassis may be cracked, too. Only a minor setback. I mean, I've come this far. Just keep going (and buying!)

The previous owner had modified the chassis by cuting a square to mount a receiver even lower on the chassis, too. I think what I am going to do is pick up a bare chassis and of course another diff housing. The new chassis, I think I will dye red to match all of my other parts. I'll also be getting another servo, two aluminum servo arms, an extra steering setup (as this too is broken), some diff fluid, and an official manual. Caveat Emptor!!!!! (look it up if you don't know what it means!) Here's some pics.....

Heavy into a build, this is how my bench always looks!

Front end off and....

Uh, ohh!!!!!