I’ve had my XO-1 for about 2 months now and before purchasing I already knew how I was going to paint my shelf queen body.
Sad to say, I’ve never been so frustrated in my RC life until I started working on this shell 2 weeks ago
Some of my frustration.
1. Learned that 1 can of Pactra paint is not enough for an XO-1 shell (I’m used to 1/10th scale bodies) So I ran out midway thru painting the body. Went to my LHS to get more and well…THEY WERE OUTTA STOCK AND PACTRA IS DISCONTINUING THERE PRODUCTS
2. Found it on ebay, but for 2 times the price I would normally have to pay. At this moment I’m somewhat angered.
3. The paint took close to 2 weeks to come in. The seller shipped 2 days after payment and somehow he’s a top rated seller on ebay?? Now I’m even more angered .
4. Finished the purple layout and took the plastic off too look at the final product. Noticed it looked a bit “see-thru” so I learned I had to “back it” from my lhs. Purchased pactra indy silver and backed it but since I took the protective layer off the top I got the silver on the outside body. At this point I told myself “I’m going to crash this shell on purpose” check the pic
5. Went to apply the side decals and as I peel off, the adhesive starts to stick on the body. (looks waaaay better than it did after 20 minutes of my fingernail scratching it away)
6. Went to apply the rear light decal and this happens trying to line it up right.
Well all in all I like the body but I don’t necessarily love it. A+ effort with a C- Job.
I’m just going to listen to some Prince to calm myself down
What do you guys think?