RC poster

1/16 erevo beushed edition "WONT TRACK STREIGHT"

Well iv had this since Christmas of 2013 and the problem im having is that it wont track straight mostly to the right i havent used it much iv tried a few thing examined suspension knuckles A arms they all look fine no cracks or breaks im just getting very frustrated i replaced the servo with a new one even tried hooking up dual went back to one thinking that might be the problem replaced all four tires and adjusted the toe and chamber more times than i can count can any one give me tips on things i haven't tried or that i might not think of myself??? i just want it to go straight again

Traxxas Employee
    With everything else you have already done, one thing to try to do is a factory endpoints reset. If you have a Traxxas 2.4 transmitter, you can give us a call and we will gladly walk you through that. If that is not the case, we can still try and help you figure out what else it could be.

RC poster
    well thank you for the advice but i have the 27 MHz system i called traxxas but they didn't really help at all i understand there is only so much you can do over the phone i haven't had my 1/16 erevo long tho so im a little annoyed at this problem seems like it should be simple to fix any other suggestions i have it so its not as bad now. ill tell ya what it does it does not stray off right away but after a few feet it starts floating one way or the other? at slow speeds and fast im thinking of sending it too traxxas to get fixed but but that's a big hassle and than i wont have my car for weeks and than what if you cant fix it?

RC Champion
    Check the transmission. One side of the truck could possibly be getting more power than the other.
    Just accelerate, and only good will come.

RC Competitor
    Have you adjusted the steering trim? I see you're new to this forum at least. If it is going right then turn the trim left and see if it goes straight. If not, adjust it again.
    If you have tried the steering trim then I don't know what to tell you.

Check for siezed bearings. That could cause the issue.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk
    This will TOTALLY work, saw a guy on YouTube do it

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by lando calrician View Post
    Have you adjusted the steering trim? I see you're new to this forum at least. If it is going right then turn the trim left and see if it goes straight. If not, adjust it again.
    If you have tried the steering trim then I don't know what to tell you.
    I have the same opinion as that guy above!
    Using common sense like your quantity of posts, that's the steering trim for sure!

-Look at the radio... there is a knob that says steering trim... that's a trim for left or right when the car DOES what you are saying.... every rc in the world have that... even 27mhz or 2.4ghz system's! There are a dozen of variables for cars to have and need steering trim... like a bold tire on the right or on the left... you will need steering trim!

If the problem is not that... i cannot help you more!

Peace!

RC Qualifier
    This is why I like adjustable turnbuckles for the Merv. More toe out on one tire than the other can make straight tracking difficult as well. Its easier to make sure you have the same 1 degree of toe out on the front wheels and toe in on the rear.

I wrap a piece of around and along side the car right through the center of the wheels. It's easy to see the the angle of the of the wheel in relation to the string. On the front the string should only touch the front corner of the tire, and on the rear it should only touch the rear corner.

You should try the trim first, but having the correct geometry is important too.