RC poster

Spartan Servo Glitching

I recently rolled my spartan and the hull filled up with water. Once I got the boat back in I drained it and let it sit for 5 days to dry out. Now everything works and responds to the controller except for the steering servo. When the boat it powered up the servo turns completely in one direction until it can no longer go any further and then keeps glitching. Any advice on what could be wrong?

RC Qualifier
    Open your servo and blow it dry, other thing is open your receiver box too, it might still have some water in there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sharing is the best thing to do on EARTH legally.

RC Qualifier
    happened to me... Your servo is burned out

RC Champion
    You need to do the world renowned ReglarDude Spatan Hatch Mod.

RC Qualifier
    This has happened to me. Dry out the servo and it should work again. I waterproof mine with liquid electrical tape. Usually the water comes in through the wires. Also dab some on the bolt heads.

RC Champion
    With the super-duper world renowned ReglarDude Spatan Hatch Mod, your boat could be upside down for 30 minuits, and you would have less than 3 table spoons of water inside your hull...remember, one ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.

RC poster
    Hi,Reglar Dude, Can you please tell me more about your Hatch Mod or send some Pics as I have just bought my first RC boat. It's a second hand Spartan with Leopard 4082 -2200kv and a ESC. As there are no batteries included, what would you recommend. Any help/ advice or wisdom on Spartans would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks,

**Watch the language and remove words that have been replaced with a "*". **
    Last edited by Double G; 02-11-2014 at 07:00 AM. Reason: banned brand name

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by ReglarDude View Post
    With the super-duper world renowned ReglarDude Spatan Hatch Mod, your boat could be upside down for 30 minuits, and you would have less than 3 table spoons of water inside your hull...remember, one ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.
    Water will still fill up thru the back in no time

RC Champion
    Oh, yee of such little faith, Mr. Socalirevo. I did this along with the pictures you see above. When I tested my boat, one of the test was my boat being left upside down for 30 minuites. After the 30 minuites, I had less than 3 tablespoons of water in my hull.

P.S. Sure, it would be my pleasure to help you, Mr.Aussie. Look up the posts from the ReglarDude, and tell me what interests you. I did about a half a dozen mods to my Spartan all together, and they all worked out very well for me.
    Last edited by ReglarDude; 02-14-2014 at 02:19 PM.

RC Qualifier
    The same thing happened to my servo. Apparently some moisture got on the motherboard and just corroded everything. Just send it to Traxxas and they will replace it.