RC Racer

Thinking about an X01- are they going to be discontinued soon?

Just wondering how quick I need to act if I want one. Seems lile the type of product that is not a huge money maker. Are they going to keep making these things or should I get one now while I can?

Its sort of what real auto-makers call a "halo-car".. GTR Gets people into the stealership to look at the Altima.. So maybe they'll keep it if it keeps bringing in tire kickers.. But the price drop makes it look like they might be canceling it..

Slash 4x4 lcg(heavily modded), Telluride(modded)gone, TCP, Monster Buggy, Latrax SST(heavily modded), Spartan, "My Summit" pic of that posted in the gallery........and some other things.

RC Racer
    Ok, thanks.. Looks cool..

Doesn't directly answer my question tho.. Just because it won lots of awards and has some new bodys doesn't mean its making money for Traxxas...

So yes? No? No comment?

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I wouldn't worry about it, your buying traxxas and their are always parts available anywhere, unlike some of other rc company.

sent via samsung light using tapatalk
    humay has left the building, peace.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by humayrayakongkinaon View Post
    I wouldn't worry about it, your buying traxxas and their are always parts available anywhere, unlike some of other rc company.

Yeah but I'm not worried about lack of parts for the car, I'm worried about not being able to get the car itself if I wait 6 months or so...

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    You can always build one from the ground up, one company already released body option so, my thoughts is, it will be here still for this year and many years to come

Last edited by humayrayakongkinaon; 01-30-2014 at 11:31 PM.

RC Racer
    Reading reading and more reading and I found the most compelling reason to buy one now is I can still get one with 2 3s Lipos included. If I wait then I have to buy them myself & the price really gets out of the range of what I'm willing to pay...

RC Champion
    If you want one with a solid color body and lipos, buy now. If not, wait. The XO-1 isn't going anywhere.

Jeremy
    Jeremy

RC Qualifier
    I doubt the XO-1 is going anywhere. It may not have sold well with the $1100 price tag but now that it dropped, just judging by the forum here, it seems to be selling well. Even I'm thinking of getting one and I had zero interest in owning one--I thought it was an awesome RC-- but didn't want to pay for one.

And now that new paint just makes it look awesome now! Even looks better than that Corvette body for it!

RC Racer
    hello, if you are worried about the large cash outlay all at once do what i did. shopped on ebay till i found a good deal on a chassis,body,tires,then bought them. good deals on esc,and motor(options abound) are to be had. spreads the cost out, one gets the pleasure of building your own car and the wife remains happy. just my thoughts. kz903

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by kz903 View Post
    hello, if you are worried about the large cash outlay all at once do what i did. shopped on ebay till i found a good deal on a chassis,body,tires,then bought them. good deals on esc,and motor(options abound) are to be had. spreads the cost out, one gets the pleasure of building your own car and the wife remains happy. just my thoughts. kz903
    That's what I did with my 2wd XO. Saved quite a bit and since I already had electronics, total build cost was around $200-250.
    Jeremy

RC Racer
    Well almost pulled the trigger today but couldn't do it as I heard they may be upgrading the motor in the X-01 soon. So gonna wait for the Mamba 2.0 motor to go in..

RC Champion
    Jerry, Jerry, Jerry...what am I going to do with you? (lol) I'd get one now. I've seen the new ones with the new bodies, and I think the old bodies are way better. For me, my basic philosophy is: it's better to have something a little on the plain side that you can add to if you want, rather than having someting a bit on the gaudy side that you can't do anything about unless you replace it.

Also, even though the new XO-1 is advertised that it's to your own advantage to buy it without batteries (read the last sentence of its' advertisement), so that you can get the batteries you want for your personal needs....and even though, the new XO-1 (without batteries) is priced the same as the old one that came with batteries....and even though, there are some moderators out there that tell me this is good deal, and not a price increase....and even though, I'ved moved on in my Traxxas forum life (as per the advise of my moderator), I still say your not getting as much for your money. And with that I say, you should get the older one now while you still can.
    Last edited by ReglarDude; 02-02-2014 at 07:25 AM.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry1234 View Post
    Well almost pulled the trigger today but couldn't do it as I heard they may be upgrading the motor in the X-01 soon. So gonna wait for the Mamba 2.0 motor to go in..
    What exactly did you hear and where did you hear it?

Jeremy
    Jeremy

RC Racer
    hit that buy it now button. when that COMPLETE xo-1 shows up at your doorstep and you open it up, you are going to be very happy. it makes one very happy because it is one wild rc car. kz903

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by ponie1992 View Post
    What exactly did you hear and where did you hear it?

Jeremy
    LHS. They said new Mamba Monster motor is waterproof and Traxxas is just going through their inventory of the old ones before they start using the new version of the motor in the X-01.. He said he got he info from Traxxas.

RC Champion
    LHS. They said new Mamba Monster motor is waterproof and Traxxas is just going through their inventory of the old ones before they start using the new version of the motor in the X-01.. He said he got he info from Traxxas.
    Oh yeah. Looks like it's already available in other cars. Btw, the XO-1 doesn't use the Mamba Monster. It uses the Mamba Monster Extreme.

Jeremy
    Jeremy

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by ReglarDude View Post
    Jerry, Jerry, Jerry...what am I going to do with you? (lol) I'd get one now. I've seen the new ones with the new bodies, and I think the old bodies are way better. For me, my basic philosophy is: it's better to have something a little on the plain side that you can add to if you want, rather than having someting a bit on the gaudy side that you can't do anything about unless you replace it.

Also, even though the new XO-1 is advertised that it's to your own advantage to buy it without batteries (read the last sentence of its' advertisement), so that you can get the batteries you want for your personal needs....and even though, the new XO-1 (without batteries) is priced the same as the old one that came with batteries....and even though, there are some moderators out there that tell me this is good deal, and not a price increase....and even though, I'ved moved on in my Traxxas forum life (as per the advise of my moderator), I still say your not getting as much for your money. And with that I say, you should get the older one now while you still can.
    Hope I don't regret it

RC Champion
    Hope I don't regret it

Woot! Welcome to the club!
    Jeremy

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by ponie1992 View Post
    Oh yeah. Looks like it's already available in other cars. Btw, the XO-1 doesn't use the Mamba Monster. It uses the Mamba Monster Extreme.

Jeremy
    Only difference is that the xo1 esc has 3 capicaitors added to it.
    ERBE, ERBE, Summit, Slash 4X4, Bandit,

RC Enthusiast
    i bought the older XO-1 too, and it's arriving on tues/ feb 4....$649+55tax+52 shipping but amazon has this free shipping package thingy,so they slash the $52...
    they said color may vary, i wish i get the silver or black and not red..lol

btw, this is my very first post...i bought my very first electric rc(vettera 1/10 sacale) 2 weeks ago, i got hooked to it, i saw this badd looking traxxas xo-1 online...i got to have one as collectors item.

i'll be posting on the newbie forum...
    nice to be here! thanks

**Watch the language and remove any ** that show up replacing words you wrote.**
    Last edited by Double G; 02-03-2014 at 08:06 AM. Reason: language

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Zepher View Post
    Only difference is that the xo1 esc has 3 capicaitors added to it.
    I was referring to the motor. It is quite different than what comes with a Mamba Monster combo.

Jeremy
    Jeremy

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    So what is it that you heard about this motor thats different than the previous one? Is it higher KV or lower KV? 1717 or bigger can? 5mm motor shaft or 6mm? Sorry for all the questions

RC Champion
    The motor is no different. It's the ESC that might be upgraded. Castle will most likely no longer be making the original mamba monster ESC, which is what is currently in the xo-1. They'll only be making the mamba monster 2, which is waterproof.

So, I'm sure traxxas will stick the cap pack on an MM2, or MXL-6s as they call it. The only difference, if they do it this way, will be that it's now waterproof.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Jws1982 View Post
    The motor is no different. It's the ESC that might be upgraded. Castle will most likely no longer be making the original mamba monster ESC, which is what is currently in the xo-1. They'll only be making the mamba monster 2, which is waterproof.

So, I'm sure traxxas will stick the cap pack on an MM2, or MXL-6s as they call it. The only difference, if they do it this way, will be that it's now waterproof.
    I am pretty sure Castle has long stopped making the regular Mamba Monster ESC, last 2 out of warranty replacements have been Mamba Monster 2's. They also upped the cost from $75 to $85.
    ERBE, ERBE, Summit, Slash 4X4, Bandit,

RC Champion
    I'm wondering how long it will take for the MXL-6s to show up on ebay. Vehicles with these installed are already available.
    Jeremy

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by robster888 View Post
    i bought the older XO-1 too, and it's arriving on tues/ feb 4....$649+55tax+52 shipping but amazon has this free shipping package thingy,so they slash the $52...
    they said color may vary, i wish i get the silver or black and not red..lol

btw, this is my very first post...i bought my very first electric rc(vettera 1/10 sacale) 2 weeks ago, i got hooked to it, i saw this badd looking traxxas xo-1 online...i got to have one as collectors item.

i'll be posting on the newbie forum...
    nice to be here! thanks

**Watch the language and remove any ** that show up replacing words you wrote.**
    So if someone posts a word that results in the language filter replacing it with ***** I'm curious what is the problem with this? Isn't that the point of the language filter? In fact it even flagged a word once which is not even a "bad" word, I won't say the word but its something that holds back water.. Just wondering..

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Zepher View Post
    I am pretty sure Castle has long stopped making the regular Mamba Monster ESC, last 2 out of warranty replacements have been Mamba Monster 2's. They also upped the cost from $75 to $85.
    Castle stopped selling it directly a while ago, but they hadn't stopped making it for other companies like Traxxas and HPI. The HPI flux blur ESC is still a mamba monster 1, and comes on all their 8th scale electric vehicles.

So if someone posts a word that results in the language filter replacing it with ***** I'm curious what is the problem with this? Isn't that the point of the language filter? In fact it even flagged a word once which is not even a "bad" word, I won't say the word but its something that holds back water.. Just wondering..
    This is a family friendly forum, meaning kids get on here also. Not to mention when you signed up to be a member you agreed to follow the rules.
    Slash 4x4 lcg(heavily modded), Telluride(modded)gone, TCP, Monster Buggy, Latrax SST(heavily modded), Spartan, "My Summit" pic of that posted in the gallery........and some other things.

Quote Originally Posted by nixhex32 View Post
    This is a family friendly forum, meaning kids get on here also. Not to mention when you signed up to be a member you agreed to follow the rules.
    Agreed nixhex32. Traxxas states there is no place for any offensive or profane language here. A member does not have to prove you purchased a Traxxas product and sign up here is free to us--a service that Traxxas pays. Since they pay the bills to keep their home up and running, what they say goes. Therefore, in this private forum, they have every right to make the rules that you agreed to follow when you signed up and the common complaint that the "First Amendment Rights are being violated" carries no weight here. Much like I cannot walk into your house and not play by your rules there and then scream something about my rights not being respected. Plenty of other places out there to write whatever you want to.
    In addition, in regards to the language filter, how is one to know that you intentionally placed the stars or the language filter was tripped and placed them there? In any case, the filter is there for a reason. End of discussion here. Any further questions PM a moderator. Now back on topic.
    Last edited by Double G; 02-03-2014 at 11:26 AM.
    The Super Derecho

RC Champion
    Now I'm starting to want to build my own xo-1! I'd love to try and get a MM2/2200 combo up to a steady 100 mph in it without overheating.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Jws1982 View Post
    Now I'm starting to want to build my own xo-1! I'd love to try and get a MM2/2200 combo up to a steady 100 mph in it without overheating.
    I think it's very possible. I've been over 85 mph with a 2150kv motor on 4s. Just let everything cool down after 1 or 2 runs.

Jeremy
    Jeremy