Thread: Wobbly wheels

RC poster

Wobbly wheels

Hi Rally Enthousiasts,

I've recently bought a LaTrax Rally and only used it indoors. But last week i've taken it outside for a little fun. Damaged it a bit and wanted to clean inside the rims. So i took the wheels off and took out the debris and dust. But when I put the wheels back on and did a dry run they are all wobbly, especially the front.
    I tried to tighten the bolts as tight as i can reasonably do but i'm afraid to break the axle.

Will the aluminium upgrades 7550R make my little rallys steering better?

Or do i need new rims and so on... ?

RC Racer
    Bushings could be bad..

Replace front Bushings or switch to bearings

RC Competitor
    If you pull the shafts out of the actual assembly, try attaching the wheels directly, outside of the axle housings. Do they still wobble?

RC poster
    Thanks for all the help! I've ordered the bearing kit and will tru to fix it tomorrow. I'll keep you guys posted!

RC poster
    Just a quick update: I've installed the bearing kit and it seems to be a bit better. I noticed that most of the space is between the driveshaft assembly and the spool (diff). If I would convert my drivetrain to the aluminium hop up would it all be a better fit? Not so loose? Or do I still need to shim the diffs?

I'm thinking of
    7555X Driveshaft oneway
    7550R Driveshaft Front + Rear
    7581 Spool (Solid Axle) Front + Rear

RC Racer
    Hold your hubs and try to shake your wheels. Find where the wobble starts.

RC Qualifier
    I still have a slight wobble in my wheels after installing the bearing kit as well. Appears to be at the hex brake disc attach point. It is so minor Im not really concerned it is less than I notice in a stock Merv or ERBE in scale of course. The fix to those is some shims but the disk brake design doesnt really give you that option on the rally as I can see. Any other ideas are welcome.