RC Racer

Sloppy Steering with 2s lipo at high speed?

Anyone else having a problem with sloppy steering when using a 2S lipo at high speed?

I sort of find the front end seems to wobble, and it's difficult to drive in a straight line.. The car is constantly pulling to the right or left when I'm trying to go straight (at high speed).

Low to medium speed steering is fine.

Anybody have suggestions, or is anyone else having a similar problem?

Btw- I've already upgraded the bushings in the front to bearings, and changed the plastic dog bones to metal.

RC Competitor
    Check to make sure your tires are on properly... The stock tires aren't glued, and I had a similar experience until I realized that the inside of the tire wasn't seated properly. Hold it upside-down and accelerate, is a wheel wobbling?

RC poster

Steering wanders

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry1234 View Post
    Anyone else having a problem with sloppy steering when using a 2S lipo at high speed?

I sort of find the front end seems to wobble, and it's difficult to drive in a straight line.. The car is constantly pulling to the right or left when I'm trying to go straight (at high speed).

Low to medium speed steering is fine.

Anybody have suggestions, or is anyone else having a similar problem?

Btw- I've already upgraded the bushings in the front to bearings, and changed the plastic dog bones to metal.
    I had the same problem and it was do to the servo not returning to center, one of the two of the ball cup links were tight. Hold the car up and turn the radio left and right and see if the wheels look like they are returning straight forward. I used some fine sand paper 400 grit on the ball stub and a thin coat of grease. I also found out if you have the stock shocks on they are angled back at the top so the screw in the top tightened down pinch the shock into the shock tower not letting the shock move freely, I just loosen the screw a little (front shocks).I also balanced the car by added a heat sink to motor and 15 gram of weight behind the servo. I got the chassis leveled out too. I just made some new tires that seem to work alot better then the slicks on the gym floor , it took so work but they look killer on the car. I used stock rims and losi micro crawler tires (THE CLAWS) had to cut the side walls down to fit the rim and had some med foam insert tap . VERY LOW PROFILE CRAWLER TIRES .

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by joropo View Post
    I had the same problem and it was do to the servo not returning to center
    I had the same problem but it seemed to work itself out.