RC Qualifier

USPS Shipping question.

When I go to the Post Office to ship small packages via First Class I usually pay $1.05 for tracking. In the past 2 weeks I have sent a few small packages that I didn't pay for tracking. On the receipts, they had a Package ID #. When I entered it in on the tracking page on USPS.com, they worked exactly like a tracking #. What's up with this? Have I been wasting my money on tracking when I have been getting it for free all along? Someone shed some light on this please. Thanks.
    Philippians 4:13 HCSB

Quote Originally Posted by downtown View Post
    When I go to the Post Office to ship small packages via First Class I usually pay $1.05 for tracking. In the past 2 weeks I have sent a few small packages that I didn't pay for tracking. On the receipts, they had a Package ID #. When I entered it in on the tracking page on USPS.com, they worked exactly like a tracking #. What's up with this? Have I been wasting my money on tracking when I have been getting it for free all along? Someone shed some light on this please. Thanks.
    My guess is when you pay for the tracking they give it better detailed, more frequent updates. I've had some packages that were supposed to have tracking, and sometimes the status doesn't even get updated until I have the package already. Just my .02 cents.
    My life is busy, but I'm still lurking! 24 RC's

They have just recently added tracking to most everything for free. Some packages even have $50 free insurance.
    Whatever it is I just typed... could be wrong.