RC poster

Unhappy mashers 2.8 on summit 1/16 fit ?

hi , i just received some proline mashers 2.8 , i ordered some , i taught they are 2.2 .. big mistake , anyways , what i am asking is if they fit ! i don't want to buy rims yet because it would be waste of money if they don't fit . i know i have to reduce the gearing .. i really want to fit these big tires on my little summit !
    thanks !

RC poster
    Well what do you mean? Of course they'll fit with the right kind of wheel. They're the same hight as 2.2 and only 9 mm wider. In theory anything up to: Wheelbase: 8.425" (214mm) height tires will fit if you drive only strait. With big tyres you'll more easily end up braking something...

RC poster
    oh , thanks a lot , i guess i will find the right wheels . i'm looking to make a all arounder from the summit 1 16 .. trail riding a bit of crawling and most of all bashing .. thanks! , again

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by andrei cristescu View Post
    oh , thanks a lot , i guess i will find the right wheels . i'm looking to make a all arounder from the summit 1 16 .. trail riding a bit of crawling and most of all bashing .. thanks! , again
    I was thinking about mashers, but love the look of gmade g airs. cant beat the look. on all of my crawler, love the fact that you can also change pressure

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by andrei cristescu View Post
    Now you really need to focus on having enough negative offset with the wheels, especially with the steering front tires. Otherwise they can hit the body. Hope someone can suggest a tried option. About bashing with tires that size, for what I've read, the stock servo and drive shafts are gona take a beating..

RC poster
    i have metal drive shafts and 2 servos