Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    RC Qualifier

Corey's rally street conversion (picture heavy)

This is my traxxas rally 1/10 that I turned into a street only car. It will be mostly pictures because I completed the build before documenting with pictures and stuff. My grave digger build didn't get that much action and the rally section is slower then it is over there. So I didn't want to waste time. All this stuff you guys have seen before. This is where I got all my ideas anyway. Feel free to ask questions make comments or give suggestions. All are appreciated. Pictures kinda stink because they were done with an iPad and I'm no photographer. Here's a list of some of the upgrades.

T-bone front and rear bumpers
    Rpm front bulkhead
    Rpm a arms (front and rear)
    Mip X-duty CVD (front and rear)
    Hot racing sway bar
    Traxxas aluminum shock tower (front and rear)
    Lunsford titanium turnbuckles and hinge pins
    Traxxas aluminum c hubs
    Traxxas aluminum bearing carriers (front and rear)
    King headz motor mount
    Strc aluminum steering rack
    Strc aluminum motor plate
    Traxxas gtr shocks
    Axis chassis brace
    Savox 1258tg
    Traxxas battery expansion mount
    Mip 17mm conversion
    Sweep gt8 slicks
    Castle creations SC combo 2400kv
    Rpm rod ends

Probably forgot a few little things but that pretty much sums it up. I'm only running the stock body at the moment but am looking for suggestions for upgrading to a gt8 style body.

If any one is interested here's a link to my grave digger that's all decked out. I'll also be starting my slash 4x4 scalpel conversion soon and will keep ya posted when I do so.

http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...e-digger-build!
    Last edited by Double G; 01-20-2014 at 07:55 AM. Reason: language

RC Qualifier

RC Qualifier

RC Qualifier

RC Qualifier

RC Qualifier

RC Qualifier

RC Qualifier
    I had the hr racing motor mount. Garbage. The hole where the screw secures the motor to the motor mount was cross threaded and couldn't mount the motor. Bad customer support and was not able to get a response to email. Went with king headz. I'm never buying hot racing again. Iv bought a few things from them and they all have been garbage. To me they are like integy.

RC Qualifier
    Nice rally!!! Wish I could have mine just like that, with all red parts tho!

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by RallyX3s View Post
    Nice rally!!! Wish I could have mine just like that, with all red parts tho!
    You can if you have the $$$. I would go with strc aluminum if I wanted red.

For me the parts I could get from traxxas in blue I got. For the ones I couldn't I got strc blue aluminum.

RC Qualifier
    Looks nice. I was really hoping Rally racing would take off. So far, doesn't seem like it. A shame, since they look really cool
    Cheap, Fast, Reliable. Pick 2.

RC Qualifier
    How have the tbone bumpers working for you ? I'm thinking of just getting the rear one

And what tires are those? They look like drift wheels ?????

Andddd how the heck is your motor can silver?!
    Last edited by Double G; 01-20-2014 at 07:57 AM. Reason: merge

RC Qualifier
    Anyone know what happened to my pictures? I use photobucket and my pictures are still viewable when I go to my photobucket app on my iPad. But any pictures iv posted on the forum have disappeared????

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by CoreyM View Post
    Anyone know what happened to my pictures? I use photobucket and my pictures are still viewable when I go to my photobucket app on my iPad. But any pictures iv posted on the forum have disappeared????
    Exceeded the allowable bandwidth. They will reappear in a day or so.
    Cheap, Fast, Reliable. Pick 2.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by badaml View Post
    Exceeded the allowable bandwidth. They will reappear in a day or so.
    Are these pictures going to come back?

RC Qualifier
    Are these pictures going to come back?
    I can still see them all

Yeah, I can't see anything.

RC Qualifier
    I can't see any pictures. Where the pictures are it says "look whose popular. Is this your photo? Upgrade to plus to get additional bandwidth."

I'm no computer expert. I use the photo bucket app on my iPad to post my photos here. Only way i know how to post photos. My thread in the stampede section has the same issue. I do not know what bandwidth even is. Didn't know about photo bucket plus. And don't ant to pay for it. If anyone can explain this to me it would help. Is my thread just ruined or will my photos come back at some point. This is the only thing I use photo bucket for and don't use it much so don't understand how I could have exceeded some bandwidth limit.

Rallyx3s. You can still see all my photos?

RC Qualifier
    I can't see any pictures. Where the pictures are it says "look whose popular. Is this your photo? Upgrade to plus to get additional bandwidth."

I'm no computer expert. I use the photo bucket app on my iPad to post my photos here. Only way i know how to post photos. My thread in the stampede section has the same issue. I do not know what bandwidth even is. Didn't know about photo bucket plus. And don't ant to pay for it. If anyone can explain this to me it would help. Is my thread just ruined or will my photos come back at some point. This is the only thing I use photo bucket for and don't use it much so don't understand how I could have exceeded some bandwidth limit.

Rallyx3s. You can still see all my photos?
    Yes I see every single one, except I see them on tapatalk.

RC Racer
    I learned the same thing with my galaxy. I used the photobucket app with tapatalk and none of the links worked on pc. It's because of the apps. They use a "mobile" link extension, therefore a regular pc won't see the pics.
    But now, not sure what you did, but I can't see them with tapatalk either.
    Kersh Summit-LCG Slash-Slash 4x4-Merv-Rally-Wraith

RC Qualifier
    I'm on my iPad. Not a computer. I have the app on the iPad. All my pictures are viewable in the app. Not viewable in my threads though. I don't get it???

RC Qualifier
    you have exceeded your bandwidth on photobucket it will reset on the 1st of the month.

Basically too many people have looked at your images and they have capped your bandwidth.

RC Enthusiast
    been checking back here every day or so and i haven been able to see the pics in a week or so of checking

RC Qualifier
    You will have to wait until the first of February when CoreyM's bandwidth resets on photobucket..then all the images will show up again.

Unless Corey upgrades his account to premium for increased bandwidth.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by T4KT1KZ View Post
    you have exceeded your bandwidth on photobucket it will reset on the 1st of the month.

Basically too many people have looked at your images and they have capped your bandwidth.
    So the more popular my threads are the more often this will happen?

On a side note can anyone pm me or link me a easy way to post pictures besides photobucket? Remember, I'm using an iPad.

RC Qualifier
    So the more popular my threads are the more often this will happen?

On a side note can anyone pm me or link me a easy way to post pictures besides photobucket? Remember, I'm using an iPad.
    I hate photobucket especially on apple products , my iPod touch can't upload anything to it.

RC Qualifier
    How have the tbone bumpers working for you ? I'm thinking of just getting the rear one

And what tires are those? They look like drift wheels ?????

Andddd how the heck is your motor can silver?!

I have not driven it yet due to weather. So I can't give you an accurate review of the tbone bumpers yet. They do look really good though.

The wheels are sweep slicks.

http://www.sweepracingusa.com/18-GT-...ons_p_259.html

As far as the motor. It's a castle 2400kv that was taken apart. Had the can deanodized and then put back together. I like the silver look.

RC Qualifier
    I have not driven it yet due to weather. So I can't give you an accurate review of the tbone bumpers yet. They do look really good though.

The wheels are sweep slicks.

http://www.sweepracingusa.com/18-GT-...ons_p_259.html

As far as the motor. It's a castle 2400kv that was taken apart. Had the can deanodized and then put back together. I like the silver look.
    Nice you have a sort of street setup, just like me. You're just the person to ask! How is that 2400kv holding up in your car? I really want that motor but I don't really want to buy 4s batteries because I would need a whole new charger and two 2s or one 4s battery. I only have one 2s and one 3s.

RC Qualifier
    Nice you have a sort of street setup, just like me. You're just the person to ask! How is that 2400kv holding up in your car? I really want that motor but I don't really want to buy 4s batteries because I would need a whole new charger and two 2s or one 4s battery. I only have one 2s and one 3s.
    I have not driven this car yet. Snow and salt in New York right now. But this motor was in my slash and I loved it in that. You do not need a 4s lipo for this motor. That's actually pushing it in my opinion. I primarily run 2s and 3s with this setup. I won't lie I have run a 4s in it but not much. It handled that fine as well but it's a little much for me.

RC Qualifier
    I have not driven this car yet. Snow and salt in New York right now. But this motor was in my slash and I loved it in that. You do not need a 4s lipo for this motor. That's actually pushing it in my opinion. I primarily run 2s and 3s with this setup. I won't lie I have run a 4s in it but not much. It handled that fine as well but it's a little much for me.
    Yea I know how that feels! How is it on 2s? I was considering the et3s esc but the 3s limit kinda bugs me. I wish I had the chance to unleash 4s power, but it's honestly something I'm going to use frequently. I just don't like how I can only get to 42 mph on a 3s lipo with a stock velineon motor. I want atleast 60 you know what I mean ?

RC Champion
    Yea I know how that feels! How is it on 2s? I was considering the et3s esc but the 3s limit kinda bugs me. I wish I had the chance to unleash 4s power, but it's honestly something I'm going to use frequently. I just don't like how I can only get to 42 mph on a 3s lipo with a stock velineon motor. I want atleast 60 you know what I mean ?
    Why don't you run a Mamba Max Pro? Don't they handle up to 6s with the right motor?

Jeremy
    Jeremy

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by ponie1992 View Post
    Why don't you run a Mamba Max Pro? Don't they handle up to 6s with the right motor?

Jeremy
    Because the mamba max pro is Almost double in price. No you're thinking about the mamba monster or the sidewinder 8th esc. I wish I could afford those!

RC Champion
    Because the mamba max pro is Almost double in price. No you're thinking about the mamba monster or the sidewinder 8th esc. I wish I could afford those!
    Just checked Castle's site. The Mamba Max Pro handles up to 6s.

Jeremy
    Jeremy

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by ponie1992 View Post
    Just checked Castle's site. The Mamba Max Pro handles up to 6s.

Jeremy
    yes but not with the 4x4 on 2400kv

"This system is designed for 3s to 4s, 4,000+ mah, 25c or better LiPo. 3s is the recommended set up, 4s is extreme."

RC Champion
    Looks great with those sweeps!

RC Qualifier
    Thanks viper. I'll probably start a new thread because of the photobucket issues I'm having but here's a look at the body I'm gonna try and mount.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

RC Champion
    Cool, makes me want to paint up my PF8 body s well!

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    yes but not with the 4x4 on 2400kv

"This system is designed for 3s to 4s, 4,000+ mah, 25c or better LiPo. 3s is the recommended set up, 4s is extreme."
    I run 4S with my MMP/losi 2800kv without a problem as long as you gear it properly, and yes the MMP is 6S ready.

sent via Samsung LIGHT using tapatalk
    humay has left the building, peace.

RC Qualifier
    Has anyone mounted this body that can offer picks of how they did it?

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I have but, the way I mounted mine is with xo-1 body post. Take a look at Mitch316 Rally build thread

sent via Samsung LIGHT using tapatalk
    Last edited by humayrayakongkinaon; 03-02-2014 at 01:48 AM.
    humay has left the building, peace.