Thread: CVD which one?

RC Qualifier

CVD which one?

Deciding on cvds for my truck. What best one I should try? I know Traxxas makes them, but are other ones I should try? Thanks.
    Did you say Traxxas?

Yes with or without lipos.

RC Qualifier
    Anyone at all?
    Did you say Traxxas?

RC Enthusiast
    You will not get any better than Unlimited Engineering:
    http://www.unlimitedengineering.com/...re/13502S.html
    Once you have installed them, never worry about them again.

RC Qualifier
    Thanks, but the wheels I'm getting are 17mm hex. I read the UE cvd info for it and its said will only work with the standard 14mm hexs. I kept looking through that site just to be sure and haven't found one.

Any other suggestions?
    Did you say Traxxas?

Which version of the E-Maxx do you have? If it's the current production 3903 or a version thereof (gray chassis with dual steering servos) you can use our set of 4 shafts 5451R and the two center shafts 5151R. These will work with either 14mm or 17mm hexes.

If you have model 3906 (black chassis, one steering servo)we do not make steel CV shafts for the four corners, only the middle two (4951R).

One thing to note: If you do all steel shafts then slipper adjustment is critical. With an all metal driveline there is no flex at all, so the slipper is the only give point. If you lock this down you'll see increased wear on diff gears, wheel hex hubs, CV shafts and just about everything between the motor and the ground.