RC Champion

Tires for Carpet Track

I was just informed of an Indoor Off-Road carpet track near where I work. I am just looking for some opinions of good tires to run on my Bandit. Right now its slammed for Speed Runs with G-Locs. Its easy to raise it up but I have no idea what would be a good tire to run on carpet. I don't want a ton of traction. getting it to break lose in the corners is essential IMO. But I need to get a little grip for the straights and to clear any jumps encountered. Any suggestions? Same question applies for my SCT as well. So I will take any suggestions I can get.

RC Qualifier
    John's BSR makes some great oval carpet tires and wheels. They offer several different compounds depending whether you're running medium traction carpets, banked, or high bite tracks. Just look at the color code chart, to determine what compund best suits the traction of your track.
    FLM RUSTY, FLM EMAXX, ERBE, SLASH PLATINUM 4X4

RC Champion
    Any rubber tire options?

RC Champion
    I found something that may be just what I need.http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXDWKYAnybody tried them yet.

RC Competitor
    I run those on my son's slash ultimate. Taped the right front. Much better times than stock tires

Your best bet is to ask the people who run their regularly what the tire of choice is. Each track is a little different, and what works well on one track may not be the best option for another track with simular turf.
    Submarine Qualified, Chief Inducted, Navy Retired

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerman View Post
    I found something that may be just what I need.http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXDWKYAnybody tried them yet.
    That's what everybody runs at my local track.

RC Champion
    Awesome. I just ordered a set for the Bandit and the Slash. Also got the Wedge for the front of the Bandit. Looking forward to actually running on a track again. Speed runs bored me before they began. Just hope the motor does well now. Thanks for the input all that contributed.

RC Qualifier
    Any rubber tire options?
    John's BSR makes both foam and rubber compounds.
    FLM RUSTY, FLM EMAXX, ERBE, SLASH PLATINUM 4X4

RC Qualifier
    I've never raced there before but I'm sure the guys at the track would give you some info. All of them are pretty cool and don't mind helping out. They have a pretty decent selection of tires at the hobby shop also.

RC Champion
    I bought what I mentioned above. See if they work. After I check it out I will probably get a set there as well.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Baltim0re28 View Post
    I've never raced there before but I'm sure the guys at the track would give you some info. All of them are pretty cool and don't mind helping out. They have a pretty decent selection of tires at the hobby shop also.
    If you are in Baltimore, have you ever been to middle river hobbies?

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Oprime110 View Post
    If you are in Baltimore, have you ever been to middle river hobbies?
    That's where we was talking about. I understand they have an indoor off-road track. I drive by there to go to work so I may be checking it out real soon. It would be nice to run the Bandit there. Just for grins. I may get a shell for my modded slash 2x4 to give a try as well. Again, Just for grins. By the pics its a little small compared to what I am used to.

RC Qualifier
    That's where we was talking about. I understand they have an indoor off-road track. I drive by there to go to work so I may be checking it out real soon. It would be nice to run the Bandit there. Just for grins. I may get a shell for my modded slash 2x4 to give a try as well. Again, Just for grins. By the pics its a little small compared to what I am used to.
    The store has an on-road track and they rent space by Auto Zone where they have the off-road track. The owners are Laura and Gordon. Everybody there is really nice and they go,out of their way to help.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Middl...****ts&fref=ts

Before you ask, no I do not work there and I have no vested interest in the company. I do spend a lot of time there and run my trucks there every Sunday.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Oprime110 View Post
    The store has an on-road track and they rent space by Auto Zone where they have the off-road track. The owners are Laura and Gordon. Everybody there is really nice and they go,out of their way to help.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Middl...****ts&fref=ts

Before you ask, no I do not work there and I have no vested interest in the company. I do spend a lot of time there and run my trucks there every Sunday.
    I have been there before. I actually was also there when they had the old shop. Just never raced their tracks. They used to have a dirt track down the road a block.
    Its good to support your LHS. Not to many left due to the net. Guilty of that myself. I am looking forward to running a few laps. Its been a while. Shame its 33 miles from my home. My closest HS is up The Buck. He has a huge outdoor track but its built to break parts. You either have to drive slow or your car goes hurdling thru the air. Its a fun track to bash on but very hard to get in the groove of doing consistent laps.
    Whats the chances of a Bandit making it around their track? Probably the worst model ever to try to race with. But right now its likely the only car I have that could run it. By the pics it looks so small. Whats people running? Is it all SC? Or is it pretty much run what you got? I am very anxious to check it out.

RC Qualifier
    I'm in there almost every other day buying something.. Lol.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by quantumreality View Post
    John's BSR makes some great oval carpet tires and wheels. They offer several different compounds depending whether you're running medium traction carpets, banked, or high bite tracks. Just look at the color code chart, to determine what compund best suits the traction of your track.
    Quote Originally Posted by quantumreality View Post
    John's BSR makes both foam and rubber compounds.
    Yes, but they don't mount any of their foam tires to wheels that fit on a Rustler.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by ta_man View Post
    Yes, but they don't mount any of their foam tires to wheels that fit on a Rustler.
    They make 1/8 scale buggy tires.. Add some 17mm adapters and they fit a rustler.

RC Champion
    Got my front tires today. I am using the Proline Wedge on the front. I trimmed the wheels and got them fitted. Just not glued. Rear tires are backorder. So I mounted some Ofna CRT.5 Rear tires. Price was right on them from a friend. Free! So I should be running on carpet this weekend if all goes well. Just have to finish gluing and set the suspension and I will be good.
    Once I am certain I will post day and time.