Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

New Pro Line Apocalypse Body

Hey guys, it looks like Pro line is going to release a new body for the Summit. I like it, and I might just have to get one. What do you guys think?

http://www.bigsquidrc.com/sneak-peak...raxxas-summit/
    2SummitE/TmaxxVillainSlash2&4SlayerPndeAtonXMaxx

RC Champion
    Thank looks awesome! I think I might get one too.
    Slash 4x4 built w/ RC4WD PRL RPM STRC TRX and MIP

RC Champion
    Wow that is pretty cool looking, nice find.
    With great brushless comes great responsibility.

RC Racer
    Just saw that on Twitter. It's got a real "Mad Max" look to it. Pretty cool!
    Father: 1/10 Summit Mamba | Son: 1/16 Summit VXL

RC Racer
    Truck looks awesome, but the body looks like a Summit body just painted to look like that. What's the difference, it even says its a clear lexan body?
    1/10 Summit & 1/10 E-Slayer

RC Qualifier
    I want one, I want one... Wait,... i'm gonna get one!!! woohoo!
    Summit RX8/1550kv-Slash4x4 MM2/2400kv Twin-V Merv.

RC Enthusiast
    Looks pretty awesome! can't wait to get one!! The Roof rack is cool too!
    Last edited by jkatalik4; 01-15-2014 at 06:20 PM.

RC Racer
    Looks mean and nasty!
    Drive Angry My Friends!

Quote Originally Posted by Black3144 View Post
    Truck looks awesome, but the body looks like a Summit body just painted to look like that. What's the difference, it even says its a clear lexan body?
    Windows are styled post-civilization, door "hatches" have more relief (the hatch lines stick out from the body), & who knows what else. Certainly not I because it's a poor photo for identifying detail.
    Alt-248 on the number pad = °

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by ksb51rl View Post
    Windows are styled post-civilization, door "hatches" have more relief (the hatch lines stick out from the body), & who knows what else. Certainly not I because it's a poor photo for identifying detail.
    Yeah some close ups and better detail would be nice.
    1/10 Summit & 1/10 E-Slayer

OK since everyone is singing praises I'll pose as the lone naysayer
    MEH

I'm glad pro line is giving attention to the summit, but from what is shown so far it appears as only a slightly modified stock summit body with their $19 roof rack thrown on top. I think their main goal was to make it fit the stock roll cage. I have seen customized summits on this board with more originality

But before I seriously bash is I will wait for the full presentation with clearer pictures.

But its good to have summit specific options.

MAN, Use Common Sense.
    Outside? THERE IS NO BOX !

RC Qualifier
    I'm going to have to get one
    Slugs are just naturally aspirated snails

Quote Originally Posted by noir 522 View Post
    OK since everyone is singing praises I'll pose as the lone naysayer
    MEH

I'm glad pro line is giving attention to the summit, but from what is shown so far it appears as only a slightly modified stock summit body with their $19 roof rack thrown on top. I think their main goal was to make it fit the stock roll cage. I have seen customized summits on this board with more originality

But before I seriously bash is I will wait for the full presentation with clearer pictures.

But its good to have summit specific options.

Im with you on this one it looks too much like a summit shell to me with some do dads on it.but to each there own
    Mountains cant stop me
    they have tried

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by jamann View Post
    Im with you on this one it looks too much like a summit shell to me with some do dads on it.but to each there own

I'm also with you. I appreciate the love from Pro-Line to the Summit, but just too similar to the stock body.

RC Competitor
    Looks great, like the doors, but can't imagine the roof lights would last 5 minutes, the way I drive HaHa!!!
    Too bad it didn't come with a bumper with no chrome to match, but that's an easy fix.
    Last edited by MudMisfit; 01-16-2014 at 05:18 PM.
    My name is Mud!!
    Summit LT

Well, it's officially released now!

http://www.prolineracing.com/bodies/...se-clear-body/
    2SummitE/TmaxxVillainSlash2&4SlayerPndeAtonXMaxx

That's kinda silly: don't they know the zombies and the mutants will snatch everything right off the roof rack? Sheesh!
    Alt-248 on the number pad = °

Nice hood vents design but a slick blacked out paint job could produce the same effects. Now if they threw in the trenchers and the roof rack as a discounted package deal I may show some interest.

But none-the-less thanks Pro-line for keeping us summit guys in your hearts.

But my real question is " Why didn't they put on those GROOVY new Rock Rage hard compound (disappointing) tires that they were raving about?"
    MAN, Use Common Sense.
    Outside? THERE IS NO BOX !

RC Qualifier
    I would've gone a different direction.

I make a convertible pickup with molded interior, it'll be a chance for us to use a action figure as driver.

The zombie body is cool but not different enough. We can get the same effect with the current Summit body... roof rack, accessories, lights, flat grey paint, done.

RC Racer
    Paint it up like this:
    http://www.hawkei.com/
    forget the rook rack- not included
    Don't believe everything you think!

RC Champion
    Hibernating in my basement, trying to see just how many RC projects i can work on at one time!!
    I like that a lot! I don't have a Summit, but I have a crawler with a Summit body on it, and this looks pretty cool. Since I'm not a frequent visitor to this segment of the forum, I just discovered this on Pro-Line's site. I think the military/apocalyptic theme would look cool.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2
    Slash BL-Pede-E 4Tec-FLM EMAXX-Wraith-AX-10-SCX-10

RC poster
    I think this body looks sweet! you really cant ask another company to support a truck that has alot of people against it....as for me i feel this is a milestone....proline actually made a body for a cool summit.....just imagine what we can do with it.......im gonna order 2...one for stock and one for crazy man paint
    Last edited by ksb51rl; 02-01-2014 at 12:12 AM. Reason: Language

RC Racer
    I pick mine up at the post office this morning

RC Champion
    Hibernating in my basement, trying to see just how many RC projects i can work on at one time!!
    Post some pics on this thread when you guys paint 'em up! I want to see more of these!

RC Racer
    Going to paint it Wednesday...maybe.

Urban camouflage style, something like this

Last edited by Francis de Gruchy; 02-02-2014 at 09:23 AM.

RC Qualifier
    Cool! Can you take a pic painted, with the fender flares but without the exo cage?

I wonder if it look cool without the cage.

RC Champion
    Those are some cool paint schemes! Does the body have the holes already cut or at least indented for where the fender flares, etc. go?

RC Racer
    it has dimples to align the screws that fix the flares and cage to the body

i'll take pics as i go. It might not be ready by Wednesday - I have a day off but it might take longer whet with masking and all that

RC Champion
    Cool; no hurry, no worries. Getting this body is way down on my rc "to do" list! Too many projects all the time!!

RC Enthusiast
    Hi Guys,

I'm planning to get the apocalypse body too once it's available at towerhobbies, since Pro Line don't ship to my country.

I'd like to have it painted matte black eventually, and came across the Tamiya TS-6 matte black. What do y'all think of this matte black color? I've also came across the Tamiya primer, and since I'm a freaking noob in paint jobs - what is this used for? Is it to be applied before or after spraying the matte black?

Any advice on how to give the body a nice paint job is much appreciated! Thanks much!

Sent from my LT29i using Tapatalk 2
    http://summitconquistador.tumblr.com/

RC Qualifier
    Tamiya PS paint is made for Lexan bodies.

The TS you refer is for plastic models etc, if used on lexan it may chip.

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by maxi single View Post
    Tamiya PS paint is made for Lexan bodies.

The TS you refer is for plastic models etc, if used on lexan it may chip.
    Hi Maxi,

Thanks... So I should be looking for the PS version then? What about the primer? Something I should be looking into as well?

RC Qualifier
    I am not a paint expert but Tamiya PS does not have a matte finish, so you may have to paint it on the outside OR try Plasti Dip if you have it in your country.

The best people to answer your question is Proline, it's their body and they painted it so send them an email and they will tell you everything, what paint they use and or recommend etc... They are very friendly and have answered all my questions quickly.

RC Competitor
    It s no problem to do matte finish . You just need to spray it from outside. This one and Rat Rod are painted by proline like that. But there is good reason why lexan bodies are painted from inside. Outside paint is just for shelf show off. All it needs are few rollovers and hits and that nice outside paintjob will be destroyed. That is why there are no matte paints for lexan, it does not matter what is the finish, because lexan body is shiny from outside. So my advice, its better to have shiny body for long time than completely scratched paintjob after first accident.
    Last edited by Marek_K; 02-04-2014 at 01:41 PM.

Accepting requests for bashing at GREENWOOD BASHPLEX in Pittsburgh PA!! Check the thread in the track buddy forum and reply there or pm
    There are matte clear coats for outside of lexan bodies. Tamiya makes it. I think it is PS-55 - Flat Clear.
    Last edited by ksb51rl; 02-04-2014 at 02:19 PM.
    Ya can't polish fertilizer...

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by maxi single View Post
    I am not a paint expert but Tamiya PS does not have a matte finish, so you may have to paint it on the outside OR try Plasti Dip if you have it in your country.

The best people to answer your question is Proline, it's their body and they painted it so send them an email and they will tell you everything, what paint they use and or recommend etc... They are very friendly and have answered all my questions quickly.
    Hi Maxi,

Thanks. The matte finish indeed is not for the lexan body. Do have plasti dip available here which I may give it a try if I decide to paint on the outside.

Agree with Marek below, that if it's painted outside likely the paint will be destroyed after some rollovers.

Quote Originally Posted by Marek_K View Post
    It s no problem to do matte finish . You just need to spray it from outside. This one and Rat Rod are painted by proline like that. But there is good reason why lexan bodies are painted from inside. Outside paint is just for shelf show off. All it needs are few rollovers and hits and that nice outside paintjob will be destroyed. That is why there are no matte paints for lexan, it does not matter what is the finish, because lexan body is shiny from outside. So my advice, its better to have shiny body for long time than completely scratched paintjob after first accident.
    Thanks for the advice. May just use the PS black to spray on the inside, and try out with rag's recommendation on having the flat clear outside. At least when it's damaged it would not be so obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by rag6 View Post
    There are matte clear coats for outside of lexan bodies. Tamiya makes it. I think it is PS-55 - Flat Clear.
    Yes you're right on the code, thanks much. Got myself a can of each earlier, the PS black, TS matte black and this PS-55 flat clear. Have you any idea if this would stay clear or may turn slightly off color eventually?

Just wondering, if it's possible to have the matte black sprayed on as initial layer, then use the PS black as 2nd/3rd layer? Perhaps it may not make a difference? Since the matte black is not meant for lexan which could chip off?

Now I just need to get my hands on the apocalypse body! Can't wait!!!

RC Champion
    One thing you could do (and I have been wanting to try on a scale truck) is paint the inside of the truck a rust color and the outside in any color you want. That way, when the paint comes off, it'll look like rusted damage to the body. I have in the past taken a torch to a body to distort small areas and brush painted rusty looking paint in those spots before I started laying down the body paint. I used scissors to make wheel wells look distorted and even caved in a part of a roof of a pickup. A little heat goes a long ways. Too much heat and it will start to turn black. I just kept giving it more and more until I could manipulate it a bit. I never painted the whole interior and exterior, though. Just a thought....

Here's a good shot of the truck.

This pic got me a spot in Racers Rides in the now-gone XRC Magazine

I made it so it looked like it was backed into a pole or something.

FLM BL E-Maxx - BL Slash - BL 4Tec - Wraith - SCX-10 - Custom Axial 6WD - Custom Losi micro Monster Truck - Losi Micro-T Hummer - Custom Losi Micro Peterbilt Crawler - More to come!!

RC Enthusiast
    Thanks for the tips Maxx.

Nice looking truck you got there.

barry_420
    so has anyone else painted the apocalypse body? post some pics

RC Qualifier
    No yet. but i'm preparing to get this body! It is so cool!
    Summit RX8/1550kv-Slash4x4 MM2/2400kv Twin-V Merv.