RC poster

RPM part numbers?

Hi guys. I've been lurking around here for a while, but never posted. Yesterday, I broke my front upper control arm. After reading recommendations, I think I'll upgrade to the RPM arms, but I can't seem to find the right part numbers. I called RPM, but the girl on the phone gave me part numbers that list for the 1/10 Summit. All the website has listed is for the 1/16 E-Revo. Do they use the same part or are they different? Exactly what part number do I need? I'll stick with black, so I know the last number will be a 2.

Also, do any of you recommend the axle carriers from RPM? If so, do I need anything else with them, or do they fit with no more mods?

I do not recommend the axle carriers from RPM. RPM are hit and miss... some report no issues while others say they popped pillow balls and the bearing hole ovaled over time.

80692 is the part number. The front arms are the same between the 16th Summit and the 16th Revo. The rear arms are different, though.
    Whatever it is I just typed... could be wrong.

80692 are the Front Upper & Lower A-arms - Black
    I would not use RPM knuckles. I have good experiences with GPM alu ones. Pivot balls never popped out those. I have seen that happen more than once with RPM ones.

Edit: Lol. As faster Jimmie explained very well already.
    Nobody is born with experience

RC poster
    So what part number do I need for the rear control arm? Thanks for the advice on the knuckles.
    Matt

RPM does not make rear arms for the Summit.

RC poster
    Oh, ok. I read in another thread that the Mini Revo arms are 10mm shorter? will that make much difference in the handling if I also used the RPM rear Mini Revo arms?
    Matt

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmie Neutron View Post
    RPM does not make rear arms for the Summit.
    Not yet for the 1/16, will do for the 1/10 soon... About pivot balls popping out, it's simple, overtightened screws...
    He Who Dies With the Most Toys Wins.

Not shorter, just not swept back like the Summits.

The Summit measures 10mm longer from front hub to rear hub than the Revo.

Revo arms would shorten the Summit... in my opinion, the RPM arms are worth the 10mm.

RC poster
    Good to know. I figured since I was ordering, I might as well get my moneys worth of shipping. That's why I was asking about the knuckles, too.
    Matt

RC poster
    Got the parts in today and installed. Now I need to do something about the rear toe-in. Obviously adjustable toe rods, which brand is recommended for those?
    Matt

Toe is adjustable without using adjustable toe rods via the pillow balls. Once you set camber with the pillows in as far as they can go, thread both pillow balls out the same amount to adjust toe.

Traxxas aluminum
    GPM Steel or Titanium

RC poster
    OK, so toe isn't really the problem, then. Both rear wheels are leading in toward the chassis. I never did understand alignment stuff.
    Matt

What I usually do is make the tire sit as flat as possible with the batteries installed when dropped from a foot or so. Then I adjust the rear with a slight toe in and the front with a slight toe out. If I don't like that, I keep dialing in more toe in on the front until it drives nice.

RC Qualifier
    So why does RPM not make rear arms, I'd much rather have it a bit longer wheel based. You'd think RPM would make swept back ones. I bet the Revo guys would buy them. I bought the rear RPM arms anyway because my son broke a rear arm.(full throttle into a steel pole)

1) Molds cost money... lots of money. There has to be more than enough demand to pay for the expense of the mold while still keeping the parts affordable.

2) The extra wheel base puts a lot more stress on the rear axles.

RC Qualifier
    Puts more stress on the rear axles? How because of the angle? Do summits break more axles due to this or is it just the weaker axles in the summit?

Yes, because of the angle. The Summits axles were designed to operate at this more extreme angle... unfortunately the design also has the weak spot of the smaller pin size.

RC Qualifier
    I also noticed that the axles sweep back with the arms so the axles actually don't line up with the gear box/knuckles from top view.

Correct... and that is the angle I was talking of. That angle, coupled with the movement of the suspension is what puts the extra stress on the axles.

RC poster
    Well, my Summit already did wheelies bad enough, but it's a wheelie monster, now! Wheelie bars are definetely a must have for installing the RPM rear arms.
    Matt