RC Racer

Starting a new Off Road RC Park for the kids and adults.

I live in Irvine, CA. I've been an RC enthusiast for a long time. I'm tired of the same park spots that are behind a building or in a remote cul-de-sac, and raceways with adults that don't offer too much variety for the kids. I would like to build a large park with two story rock climbing, water/mud running, free-styling, bashing, and multi-level racing. I want all different terrains with elements from different places in the country along terrain from the Baja for all skill levels. The two story rock climbing is so cool with a waterfall and shale rocks for huge challenges. Of course the landscape will be constantly be changed to keep the people coming back for more surprises. My main focus is the kids. Phase 2 will involve the retail. Phase 3 will involve the racing. Phase 4 will be pertaining to the community along class workshops. No more dark warehousing with backyard type / bedroom accommodations.

Working on the project with funding. Call me 714.988.3745 if you're interested.

RC Champion
    This sounds amazing. I would even drive all the way to Cali just to bash there if it happened. So what are the plans for getting this to happen? All gonna be through donations? How do we know its legit? Can you get sponsors?

I'm excited about this and want to know about it and help how I can.
    Slash 4x4 built w/ RC4WD PRL RPM STRC TRX and MIP

RC Racer
    I'm writing the business plan and working on establishing the funding. Appreciate the feedback.

RC Champion
    Alright sounds good. Keep us posted. And good luck!
    Slash 4x4 built w/ RC4WD PRL RPM STRC TRX and MIP

RC poster
    where will you be located, how large is the target market, and what is the competition like?

you could go the crowd-sourcing route for funding. google kick-starter campaign.

i am new to the hobby. my kid and i rolled over to tony's hobbies in baldwin park, ca just to browse and there was a good deal of activity in both their sales and service areas. they also offer an indoor track (a service).

i see you are in irvine, plenty of disposable income around there. lots of moms and dads with cash to spend on kids.

i would try and get some promotional exposure at a kiosk in the irvine spectrum somehow. hit up community events, bike rides, run/walks, etc.
    Last edited by watermelon; 01-07-2014 at 02:55 PM.

RC Racer
    Thanks Watermelon!!

RC Racer

RC Champion
    I wish we had something like that in my area. I don't know if our market could support it, but I know I would.
    / 16