RC Qualifier

MT slash questions

I am turning my son's slash on to a mt slash it runs with the titan 12 t and its power by a 2s lipo , what gearing should be the best for it ? Currently is running the stock. 90 spur 13 pinion .. (i believe)
    Also i want to give the differential a more of a posi feel so it wont get stuck climbing of the dried creek as it does now. ..any imput on this?would 300k oil be too much?. Is there a sealed differential for it?

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozzy77 View Post
    I am turning my son's slash on to a mt slash it runs with the titan 12 t and its power by a 2s lipo , what gearing should be the best for it ? Currently is running the stock. 90 spur 13 pinion .. (i believe)
    Also i want to give the differential a more of a posi feel so it wont get stuck climbing of the dried creek as it does now. ..any imput on this?would 300k oil be too much?. Is there a sealed differential for it?
    Have you thought about a backslash instead? I run the flm sealed diff it is amzing quality. With 100k oil it feels pretty locked. 200 would probably do exactly what you want.
    Slash 2wd Vxl, ERBE; Crash N Learn

RC Qualifier
    you could put some of this in the diff instead of having to buy a sealed diff

http://www.badhorsie.com/products/diff-lock-grease.html

RC Qualifier
    ^that stuff is also really good.
    Slash 2wd Vxl, ERBE; Crash N Learn

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by dontlift19 View Post
    you could put some of this in the diff instead of having to buy a sealed diff

http://www.badhorsie.com/products/diff-lock-grease.html
    how do that grease hold up after runing for awhile...?does it stay at the same thickness after gets hot?

RC Qualifier
    It actually lasts a pretty good while, and it doesn't really get hot since the grease prevents a lot of movement in the diff.

RC Qualifier
    It actually lasts a pretty good while, and it doesn't really get hot since the grease prevents a lot of movement in the diff.
    cool ,i will look in that later.
    what pinion set up would you recomend to use ?

RC Qualifier
    Are you going to put bigger tires on it? If not the stock gearing should be fine

RC Qualifier
    Are you going to put bigger tires on it? If not the stock gearing should be fine
    yes ,talons 2.8s and it has the titan 12t motor running on 2s lipo

RC Qualifier
    Then you need to drop a tooth or two on the pinion. Stock is 19T, so id go with a 16T-18T. And check temps if you have a temp gun.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by wmckay96 View Post
    Have you thought about a backslash instead? I run the flm sealed diff it is amzing quality. With 100k oil it feels pretty locked. 200 would probably do exactly what you want.
    what is a backslash?
    is this the diff you where talking about?http://www.fastlanemachine.net/prodd...LM20010&cat=17

RC Qualifier
    Then you need to drop a tooth or two on the pinion. Stock is 19T, so id go with a 16T-18T. And check temps if you have a temp gun.
    so a 16/18 pinions would work with the 90 spur ?or should i use the 86 that came with it?

RC Qualifier
    Stick with the 90T spur gear and get a smaller pinion gear. An 86T spur is going the wrong way on gearing.

Accepting requests for bashing at GREENWOOD BASHPLEX in Pittsburgh PA!! Check the thread in the track buddy forum and reply there or pm
    With the titan, use the smallest pinion you can find. A slash is heavier than a pede, and a slash mt is heavier than a slash. The titan will have a hard time pushing the big truck and bigger wheels without overheating. I would go 90/12.

Check out the HR sealed diff for 29$:
    http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...rential-review
    Ya can't polish fertilizer...

RC Qualifier
    Stick with the 90T spur gear and get a smaller pinion gear. An 86T spur is going the wrong way on gearing.
    thanks Dontlift

Quote Originally Posted by rag6 View Post
    With the titan, use the smallest pinion you can find. A slash is heavier than a pede, and a slash mt is heavier than a slash. The titan will have a hard time pushing the big truck and bigger wheels without overheating. I would go 90/12.

Check out the HR sealed diff for 29$:
    http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...rential-review
    Looks i might be ordering one of them soon..thanks for the tread Rag6
    Last edited by Ozzy77; 12-27-2013 at 03:00 PM.