Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Project G2

RC Champion
    More progress. I removed the black and yellow stickers from the esc and painted the mounting bracket alum. color. Installed a new hytec 7955 servo. Mounted the antenna. Got it all wired up nice and neat looking. Some more batt trays from Kershaw designs. They fit nice and flush with the chassis.

RC Qualifier
    Looks very good !

RC Enthusiast
    Nice build!

RC Champion
    I cut the side off a castle fan and mounted it. The little zip ties just fit between the motor and tower brace so I wrapped another zip tie around it to support the back of the motor.

My first paint job. I messed up and the black bled into the silver all around the tops of the windows so I had to mask and touch it up from the outside. Oh well, it looks better and I wont feel so bad when I scratch it up. Also swapped out the bumpers for some black anodized ones.

Its almost done. I aligned the tires last night. Still need to set up the steering, radio, program esc.

That looks amazing! You did a great job with it, and I really love the look of the body with the color scheme. Can you put a chassis protector on the bottom to protect the aluminum ?
    Anza Slash VXL
    Rustler VXL

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by dgudenau View Post
    That looks amazing! You did a great job with it, and I really love the look of the body with the color scheme. Can you put a chassis protector on the bottom to protect the aluminum ?
    Thanks mate, Im pretty happy with this one. I love the body.
    Ya, that's a good idea. Im thinking of putting some black rpm skids on it. They would also help protect the chassis.

RC Qualifier
    Very nice

RC Qualifier
    Oh wow. Truck looks awesome!
    Big Air Don't Care

RC Champion
    Hibernating in my basement, trying to see just how many RC projects i can work on at one time!!
    Just found this thread. I don't know how I've been missing this build! Cheapie shocks and Integy parts? Say it ain't so, man!! LOL!!! Just kidding! Looks fantastic! That tranny is a work of art. Keep the pics coming. I like how you dyed the boots; may have to steal that idea!

FLM BL E-Maxx - BL Slash - BL 4Tec - 1/16th Fiesta - Wraith - SCX-10 - Custom Axial 6WD - Custom Losi micro Monster Truck - Losi Micro-T Hummer - Custom Losi Micro Peterbilt Crawler - soon '65 Malibu Micro T Drifter
    Slash BL-Pede-E 4Tec-FLM EMAXX-Wraith-AX-10-SCX-10

RC Champion
    Thanks Guys, Ya I know cheap shocks and integy skids. Had some hcr ti skids for it but they wouldn't fit with the collar and pin brace in the front. Got the shocks more for the color match than anything. They actually seem to work good enough. Maybe a little soft but all my supershock springs fit right on them so I can stiffen it up a bit if it seems to need it.
    Only thing left to do is program the steering center and endpoints and wait for good weather so I can take it down to my favorite parking lot and beat the crap out of it. I figure on 6s with no rear brakes it should be quite a handful. ill see how long I can keep the rear tires on it. And going to be a good test of the losi diff.

RC Champion
    First class all the way!

RC Enthusiast
    This has got to be the nicest e maxxs i have ever seen! un-real. Love the color matching. Bet she is solid as a rock

RC Champion
    Thanks guys, This illusion body is really starting to grow on me. I think im going to have to get another one for my last build "project maxx" and paint it red and black to match. I think it would look good with the flm chassis where the batts are mounted up higher behind it. Only it would be a bit short with the flm and monoblock on that one.

RC Champion
    A couple of these 4 1/4 x 3/32 orings on each tire might just keep them on the rims and help a lot with ballooning.

RC Champion
    well, I think this one is pretty much done. I almost forgot to balance the tires. Got that done and the steering center and endpoints all set up and programmed the esc. Also got another pair of these rc wheelie bar wheels. 5.00 on ebay. Then drilled them out to 7mm and put a couple 3x7x3mm flanged bearings in them with a spacer in the middle so you can tighten them down good and not preload the bearings. And painted the top part to match the body.

I cant wait for good weather to try it out. 6s, try to break in the clutch and see what I break first. lol
    What ever happens its going to be fun.

RC Enthusiast
    What's the body

RC Champion
    Its a jconcepts illusion body.

RC Champion
    One AWESOME looking Maxx. Bet it handles like a dream.

RC Champion
    Thanks mate, Im hoping to try it out this weekend. Its rwd only w/500k oil in the diff. So I don't know whats going to happen.
    Good posi action, no front brakes. Should be fun sliding it around hopfully.

RC Champion
    Rear wheel drive only. Be almost like a 2x4 pede but with Tons of power.

RC Enthusiast
    Thanks. Great build. I trying to build up my emaxx. What do u think is the best upgrade to do

RC Champion
    G2 in action.. 4s 22-65 The diff is pretty well locked right up with the 500k oil in there. Great posi traction. Maybe a little to much. I think it needs the diff loosened up a bit. Just about imposible to flip it over. Although I did manage to put it on its lid the first run. I don't think 6s is really needed on this thing except for more top speed. It seems to have all the power it needs to spin the tires off of it and slide around on 4s.

RC Enthusiast
    awesome build...but why 2wd and street tires? doesn't that defeat the purpose of a "monster truck"?

I'd like to see what it will do in a straight line.

RC Champion
    Thanks mate, I have three other 4wd maxx trucks with lots of upgrades and mods. Thought a 2wd w/street tires would be fun and something different. I have all the parts to make it 4wd if I get tired of sliding it around the parking lot.
    Its geared 22-65 w/losi diff so top speed is only about 30 on 4s. Temps were only around 100 deg so I could gear it up a little. I think 6s would give it about 45. I have another road maxx that's 4wd geared 25-62 on 6s. It screams.

Awsome,
    Seeing this build, I am tempted to make another build, an e-maxx after I finish rigging up my erbe and an unfinished project

How thick are the steel rod braces that you made, I am thinking of changing a braces that I made to my 2wd pede
    Live life to the fullest

RC Champion
    Thanks mate, The shock tower braces are made from 5/16" x .049 wall thickness alum tubing. Got it from McMaster carr.

RC Champion
    This thing has been sitting on my shelf collecting dust long enough. So I decided it was time to build the front diff and make it 4wd. 2wd was fun for a while but with all this power the rear end just tries to pass the front end every time you punch it. and usually succeeds. ha ha And some new tires since my last run with it on 6s resulted in four blown and ripped tires. lol But man was it fun. I found that some 3 1/2" x 1/16" orings work pretty good on these road rages to help with baloonong. Could probably go even a bit smaller running 6s. maybe 3 - 3 1/4. I had to grind down my custom losi diff mount to clear the steering cross link.

Put a little bling on it with a rd logics alum rx box cover.

As you can see my paint job didn't stick very well, and a few crashes. so its getting a little beat up.

This should be fun with 4wd. Cant wait to try it out later today. I don't know if I dare to try 6s or not.
    Maybe 5s would be a wiser choice, ha ha

RC Champion
    Well I decided to just run it 4s since I had a couple batts already charged up. Its definetly a lot more fun being 4wd and 4s is all you really need to blast around the parking lot and have a heck of a fun time with it. And even more fun to bring it back in one pc with nothing broke and all 4 tires still intact. Everything held up great. Almost impossible to flip it. unless you get off the pavment on the corner and catch the edge coming back on. ha ha I Managed to do that once and land it on the roof.
    It doesn't wheelie much on 4s witch is probably a good thing but I think next run I will try 5s.

how did you blow 4 tires if it was 2wd?

RC Champion
    The front ones didn't blow out from high speed but more from a couple high speed wheelies that went bad, crashed and ripped the sidewalls. These beadlocks seem to hold up great but if you flip it on the pavment and land it on the edges of the tires it doesn't take long to destroy them. But you can slide it all over the parking lot and not do much damage.

RC Competitor
    Wow! This is the best build I have ever seen! This is my new role model of Maxx trucks!

One question: Can you give me the like to those shock towers...and how did you make and attach those braces?

Also, a link to the rc damper bumper?
    Last edited by epeder1102; 08-24-2014 at 11:35 PM.

RC Champion
    Thanks mate, The G2 chassis makes a great pavment runner. heres a link to the towers. Low profile from rc monster.
    http://www.rc-monster.com/proddetail...k+Tower&cat=47
    I made the braces out of 5/16" alum tubing and some threaded shock standoffs from the ue supershocks that I ground down to fit and epoxied in the ends.
    bumpers from rc raven.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/T-Maxx-and-E...item5665224d9d
    If you want to see a real beast check out my "project big block basher" build.

RC Champion
    A couple more changes. I switched the 8 cheapo shocks in favor of (4) ue supershocks. Much, much, better and a bit lighter too. Also added a wing. Handles a lot better with the (4) supershocks. Ive ran it twice since on 4s. Its a blast to rip around the parking lot. Two full runs and never flipped it once. It slides around great and just enough power to pull the front up in the air and wheelie across the lot. Brakes seem good at 30 percent and I think im going to switch the punch back a bit more from 30 to 20 percent.

It's hard to beat the UE shocks & springs.

Still a great looking truck!
    Look out for the tree/crunch!

LiPo? Naw NITRO!!