RC poster

Air filter Mods For sand?

so im taking my slayer pro out to glamis for the first time this weekend and i was worried about sand getting through the stock air filter. Does anybody know of an outerwear for the air filter of any air filter mods that will help in fine sand?

Here ya go.
    http://outerwears.com/proddetail.asp...2941&cat=12483

Foam filters are good for keeping small particles out but in sand I'd definitely run an outerwears. Still check it often and keep plenty clean and lubed filter elements on hand just in case you need to swap them out.

RC poster
    awesome! thanks for the advice and link

Quick and dirty option: use some medical gauze and give it a couple wraps. Use the stuff that has a really open weave so it doesn't impede too much airflow. You can run, pull the gauze and rewrap easily. A safety pin will hold it on, or you can wrap a loose rubber band around it (be careful not to distort the foam or dirt can leak around the edges).

You will still need to clean or change the main filter element often as really fine particles will start to work their way through, but this will help. Sand in general is a rough thing to run in and generates a lot of work after.
    Last edited by TireSlinger; 12-17-2013 at 11:26 AM.

If you have a 2 stage filter keep the outer filter dry and only ol the inner filter... If sand is getting through that then stop burying your RC in the ground... lol

Ran on Beaches, desert dunes, helped guys over in the giant sandbox and it has worked just fine. For years.
    Founder of H.U.A.
    I spent What??

RC Champion
    cut up nylon legging. That's what I have used for years and no issues.