Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Modifed cars

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bash'n'slash View Post
    That looks awesome! I love BMWs. Those rims go very well with that paint job. What series is that?

Alright. I'll post some more later today. We got some sweet drift videos.
    1999 528i Thank you those rims were made for that car correct offsets front and rear to match the factory BBS's that I took off

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Broken Summit2 View Post
    1999 528i Thank you those rims were made for that car correct offsets front and rear to match the factory BBS's that I took off
    Oh that's awesome! Nice to know they will now be running or anything.
    Slash 4x4 built w/ RC4WD PRL RPM STRC TRX and MIP

RC Champion
    Here's a picture from the other day.

Sorry I'm having trouble getting the videos up. I'll keep trying though.

RC Competitor
    I posted these awhile ago in another post on here but here are a few of my cars. I built the motor in every car starting at the age of 13 with my vega. Painted every car minus the sti out of a small one bay shop. I'm 25 now and own 10 plus cars. Never partied, worked hard and put every dime into them..

04 sti, rotated 35r, built motor with all supporting mods, 508 awhp
    [IMG][/IMG]

68 formula s cuda, 340 4 speed, caged, mini tubbed, line locks, nitrous, 4 piston disk brakes. Got it out of a field for $200.

6 months into finding clean doors, fenders, hood and starting body work

71 duster, 340 6 pack 4 speed. Just refreshed the motor and currently repainting it.

79 amx built 360, t5, locker rear, nitrous

72 vega, Built small block chevy on nitrous, munci 4 speed, 10 point cage, exhaust cuts outs, line locks, 5 lug conversion.

Legend race cars built from the frame up
    Last edited by racerkilla; 01-21-2014 at 03:08 PM. Reason: wrong caption

RC Champion
    love the legends car I raced them for 3 years, so fast, super fun racing on dirt also

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by racerkilla View Post
    I posted these awhile ago in another post on here but here are a few of my cars. I built the motor in every car starting at the age of 13 with my vega. Painted every car minus the sti out of a small one bay shop. I'm 25 now and own 10 plus cars. Never partied, worked hard and put every dime into them..
    You are living my dream. I wish I could own and rebuilt that many cars. I hope one day I can say I have rebuilt and owned many cars. That's awesome what you have at such a young age. Truly amazing.

RC Competitor
    The legend cars are fun as long as you run with a clean group of drivers. I parked mine last season... 14/15 year old kids with 2 spare cars getting towed around in 300,000 rig. Just can't compete with that type of money and they smash cars on the weekly basis.

As for living the dream its good and bad. Everyone calls you spoiled, or daddy gives you that stuff, friends take advantage of you for your shop and knowledge and I didn't spend like anytime out of the shop.... I skipped my senior trip in high school to buy a 4340 eagle crank and h beams rods for the motor in my vega. But thanks for the comments. Just put your mind to it and anything is possible

RC Champion
    As for living the dream its good and bad. Everyone calls you spoiled, or daddy gives you that stuff, friends take advantage of you for your shop and knowledge and I didn't spend like anytime out of the shop.... I skipped my senior trip in high school to buy a 4340 eagle crank and h beams rods for the motor in my vega. But thanks for the comments. Just put your mind to it and anything is possible
    Well said! I always get crud for having a $2500 dollar mountian bike, but some people don't understand that I was practically my dads slave for two years before he bought it for me. Some kids just don't get the value of hard work. On my 16th birthday I was doing paperwork for my first real job and the day after I was working every weekend from that point on and I am saving every penny. Now I just need to get a summer job to continue to save for a car that will get a small dent put in the price by my dad.
    Slash 4x4, Rusty VXL(project), Slash 2wd(project).

RC Champion
    Yeah there's not many young people any more that know hard work. I've been working since I was 14. I've helped create a company and build it strong. I'm turning 18 soon and hope to get a 240sx and heavily modify it. It will hopefully keep it for a while then when I start making more money ill start buying more cars and building cars.

RC Qualifier
    Y'all have some nice restored projects! I am liking that Vega!
    Me only being 17---
    Money is just a thing, I didn't grow up with a bunch of it. if you work hard enough you may still not get what you think. You could end up a bum after being a VP or working for NASA. I was taught from day one:
    1. Family
    2. Friends
    3. Property (includes toys)
    There is always room for more numbers but abide by the rules of society and getting a high payin job isn't all that. You could have a golden toilet but chances are less love will be near.
    Back to cars: forgot to post a pic of Momma's M3... Will try tomorrow (reminder set), been super busy!
    Last edited by Spartanator; 01-21-2014 at 10:29 PM.
    PM for info.....

RC Champion
    Back to cars..

Here's a few more pics.

And here is a video you should watch!! SIDEWAYS!!
    http://i1359.photobucket.com/albums/...psadc8d75c.mp4

RC Qualifier
    Anyone got a Supra? Any 2J motors in anything?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Slugs are just naturally aspirated snails

RC Champion
    I know of a guy near me that has 2 supras. Their awesome cars. Very clean. My friend that owns the Subaru Forested o posted has a 2jz motor in his garage just not car to put it in.

RC Qualifier

PM for info.....

RC Qualifier
    I know of a guy near me that has 2 supras. Their awesome cars. Very clean. My friend that owns the Subaru Forested o posted has a 2jz motor in his garage just not car to put it in.
    Should by an old Cressida and do the swap. Make a sleeper?

RC Champion
    That might be cool. I think he is planning on getting another 240 sometime in the future and he's gonna put it in that.

RC Competitor
    I had built and sold this.. I was too big to drive it int comfortably.

1974 DATSUN, built small block, stall converter, custom headers, ford 9inch, fiberglass tilt nose, wide body bed, datsun cut in the tailgate for brake like.... was a super fun truck[IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG]
    [/IMG]
    [IMG]
    [/IMG]

built this for a friend of mine, 70 chevelle. 402 big block, munci 4 speed, 12 bolt rear.. he ended up selling it
    [IMG][/IMG]

My dads cuda that I've had a bunch of time in

And another cuda, 73 340 4 speed. Dad owned it since the early 80's. I did new rear frame rails, trunk floor, 1/4 panel, fiberglass fenders/hood/bumpers, sub frame connected... this is an old picture. Project is not done yet and got put on the back burner for the last two years, here is an old picture of it.
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]

Is that a sublime 70 AAR cuda?
    Nice,that is a nice piece of machinery

Sent using lipo power
    Mountains cant stop me
    they have tried

RC Champion
    Once again. Unbelievable. Living the dream. That's awesome that you've done so many projects and builds. I don't usually like power trucks but that Datsun looks nice. Very nice job looks like an awesome truck.

RC Competitor
    [QUOTE=jamann;5640375]Is that a sublime 70 AAR cuda?
    Nice,that is a nice piece of machinery

Its a 72 actually with 70 340/6 aar drivetrain. The 73 I'm doing will look a lot closer to a real aar, I have the aar hood for it, front/rear spoilers.. will be painted hemi orange with the textered black hood/top of fenders.

And again thanks bash'n'slash. After you do a few cars it is like 2nd nature especially older cars. I had a very good teacher growing up showing me everything. The new cars I have to work on everyday in the shop are nightmares. Made so cheap, computers, emissions, plastic everywhere, one inch of room to get parts off..

RC Qualifier
    Absolutely GREAT job on both Cuda's, if I get time I will snap a picture of my neighbors... I am not sure he has it anymore because I haven't seen it in a while.... Hope he still has it!
    Loving the Chevelle too! I've always dreamed of owning 69-70 Chevelle, Candy red, pearl white stripes with a pearl white top!
    Interesting Datsun truck! I am digging it!
    Let's keep up the pics here! Living the old 65-75 body styles on American Muscle!
    Anyone have an old Charger?
    PM for info.....

RC Champion
    The legend cars are fun as long as you run with a clean group of drivers. I parked mine last season... 14/15 year old kids with 2 spare cars getting towed around in 300,000 rig. Just can't compete with that type of money and they smash cars on the weekly basis.

I loved racing my legend, had 3 of them. but now im with the big boys in the big toys.

RC Champion
    Man I would have loved to some how make my way into racing. Sadly it just never happened for me. Maybe one day...

RC Champion
    I got it from my moms cousin, brett "the jet" hearn

RC Competitor
    gunslinger9.. Don't you run a dirt sportsmen at ocfs? I usually come there for opening night since its a week before bethel opens up. I helped built a sportsmen, pro stock and a street stock that run at bethel. Acutally helping with a teo with open precision motor in it for my bosses son. He is moving from bandos to sportsmen.

RC Champion
    I think I know who you are talking about. I am doing the grit race on the 23rd. My gf raced at bethel in bandos.

RC Champion
    gunslinger9.. Don't you run a dirt sportsmen at ocfs? I usually come there for opening night since its a week before bethel opens up. I helped built a sportsmen, pro stock and a street stock that run at bethel. Acutally helping with a teo with open precision motor in it for my bosses son. He is moving from bandos to sportsmen.
    is his name neil

RC Competitor
    No his name is rudy with the #1 bando. He won the championship this year. What car did your Gf race?

RC Champion
    her name is taylor, #19

RC Competitor
    Thought id share my little honda
    Its a 94 civic si hatch, stock d16 engine. Ground control coilovers and koni yellow shocks. Rota group n wheels hand polished. Other than that, mostly stock.

RC Champion
    Not a fan of Hondas but MAN that is clean. Very good looking.

RC Competitor
    Thanks. I used to hate hondas too but I've had around
    10 of them now. I still have a 94' chevy s10 waiting on a v8 but the civic is alot cheaper to drive.

RC Champion
    Wow. A s10 with a v8 would be a monster. That would be cool if you get that together.

RC poster

I have a couple of modified cars.

T-Maxx 4910/2 Slash/LATrax Alias

RC Champion
    Ugh. Loving that fox body. I'm not a fan of the chrome wheels but that fox body is an awesome car. I'm guessing/hoping its not stock? Motor wise..

RC Qualifier
    Anyone got a rotary?

RC poster
    Ugh. Loving that fox body. I'm not a fan of the chrome wheels but that fox body is an awesome car. I'm guessing/hoping its not stock? Motor wise..
    Not much stock about it. It looks pretty tame, but has over 700 hp and runs 9's

RC Champion
    That's insane. Any car that can run under 10 is a well built car. Do you actually drive the car? Like on the strip.

RC poster
    When I raced it I was the driver. Now it spends time cruising the streets.

RC Champion
    That's awesome. Can imagine what it's like to ride in that fast of a car. I bet you turn a lot of heads with that thing.