RC poster

Jato Drivetrain Issue

I bought a second hand Jato 3.3 and it ran great with some cleaning, But today I started it and took off down the road, and as the motor reached the top of it's rpm range to change to 2nd gear, the motor screamed and the truck slowed down until I let off the throttle. Can anyone help me with this? I think it might be the clutch but I could be wrong. Can anyone help me?

RC Qualifier
    It could be either one or both of the clutches. It sounds like something in the driveline broke. If the clutches aren't the problem, maybe a stripped spur gear, check the wheels for a stripped hex, look under the drive hex for a broken pin, make sure the drive shafts haven't popped a u-joint. If all of that is fine it could be in the transmission. It could be a stripped 1st gear or differential gear, a broken main shaft at the drive pin for 1st gear, or the drive pin could be broke. I think that just about covers everything. Usually I start with the easiest things to get to and start digging until I find the problem. What ever it is, it won't be expensive. Unless you decide to upgrade, then it can be.

RC poster
    I think you are right because it does it when it is ready to shift to 2nd or when I hit the throttle to hard.

RC poster
    It was a stripped spur gear, and I picked up a few extras, thank you.