Cool Just Joined The Rally Club!

Hey guys, I just finished placing my order for a Latrax 1/18 Rally car in green! I also bought the STRC steering bellcrank for my Slash 4x4 to raise the price to $150 to save $25. I've got to say I can't wait to test it and drive it! I'm also going to buy the bearing kit, aluminum shocks, and the aluminum driveshafts from my LHS since they have the parts in stock. I was planning on getting the carbon fiber chassis and the ball diffs, but I can't find any thing about the chassis. I looked up the ball diffs, and everywhere it says it has been discontinued!! It's not even on the Latrax Rally upgrades page any more! Oh well, I guess I'll just stick with the stock ones. Also, to wrap it all up, I also ordered a SPC 2s 2500 mah lipo to top it all off! Can't wait!
    Summit Rustler Sl2sh TMaxx Pnde Slayer Sl4sh

RC poster
    Welcome to the club. Last night was my second night out with this car. It's a blast. I am going to keep itstock for a while, although I wish they did change a few things about it.

RC Qualifier
    Welcome Wolfslash. I look forward to your impression of the car and your upgrades. Keep posting back I always seem to learn good stuff from you. You will love the SPC batteries. After you try the stock battery and then install the lipos, IMO its like a whole different car. While running the lipos I have been monitoring my motor and esc and it was all I could do to get the motor to 138 degrees. But I'm on concrete or asphalt, I think if you run on carpet or something like that it may add enough resistance to burn out the motor. Enjoy.
    "Better Old and Devious than Young and Exuberant"

Well, I just finished ordering some upgrade parts for my Rally. I've been waiting over two weeks for my lhs to get parts in, and they never did. So I had to order the aluminum driveshafts, and the aluminum oil shocks off of RC planet. I also ordered a full bearing kit from Avid for it too.

Well, I just gave the Rally a quick spin with the stock nimh, and I've got to say it was a blast! Right now I'm installing the Avid bearing kit, the ball diffs, the aluminum shocks, and the aluminum drive shafts. I'll post again when I'm done. Wish me luck, this ball diff is SO confusing!

Ok, I just drove the Rally for the first time with all the upgrades outside, and I have to say that was incredibly disappointing. I literally drove it 10 feet, and it hit a crack in the pavement that was sticking up about 1/2 inch, and it flipped it over, putting a 3 inch long crack in the front AND back of the brand new shell. I couldn't get it to drift, not even once, it just keep plowing in the turns. To make matters worse, for some odd reason when I steer right the power cuts out really bad. It's fine turning left however... Anyway, I guess it's a indoor car only, it can't even handle tiny cracks.

RC Racer
    Ya, the rear likes to generate a lot of traction, so it just pushes. Lay the rear shocks down and level the rear hinge pins, that helps a lot.

The power cut-out is odd, is it trying to crank the steering rack and stalling out(causing brown out)? I'd suggest re-centering and adjusting the turnbuckle.

Ok, I have to say, I just tried using lipo in it for the first time, and wow! It's a night a day difference! I found a great wide open smooth parking lot to run in, and it's been a blast! Sadly though, I think I ruined the ball diffs. They both feel like they have sand in them, so back to the stock diff I go.

Ok, carnage report! Me and my friends where goofing around with our RC cars in a parking lot. Well, needless to say I clipped my friend's MERV while he was doing a speed run. It broke the steering bell crank, the A-arm, both front body posts, and the shell cracked in a million places. We had a good laugh, this little car is so much fun!

Ok, picture time! And yes, in the last picture that's a tire mark in the front.

Ok, update. I'm still waiting on parts from my lhs. They are having issues getting the parts in, they got back ordered. While I was waiting I pulled the balls diff out and yep they are toast! There is grooves and flat spots in the balls, and the diff plates (is that what they are?) have scouring marks. I put the stock diffs in, no issues with them. So IMO the ball diffs are not worth it unless you fully 100% understand how to build and use ball diffs.

RC Racer
    did you use ball diff grease I had issues with the first one I installed by not using the correct grease
    ae also have carbide diff balls as an upgrade

did you use ball diff grease I had issues with the first one I installed by not using the correct grease
    ae also have carbide diff balls as an upgrade
    No I didn't, that could have been part of the reason. I just used some lithium grease I have.

RC Enthusiast
    It's been a while. Any updates? Who's doing what? How's the rally car doing?