RC poster

running in the rain

Hi all. Brand new to the forum. My son and I have a brand new Revo , (Christmas gift) that were ready to break in tomorrow. It's supposed to rain Is it ok to run these machines in light rain?? Also supposed to be in the low 40's.. know we've got to keep the temp up to 200-210 does the paper towel and tin foil technique work well? I am an expert in model aviation, but have never owned a surface rc model.. Any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated!!! P.s I believe that you can monitor the engine temp from the Sensor and I-phone telemetry, Am I right?

RC Enthusiast
    To cover the head a lot of people use the elastic part of a sock that way it stays on well and as far as the rain goes as long as it's a real light one that won't get your electronics wet I've never had a problem

RC Champion
    I wrap my electronics in balloons and seal my servos no issues just dont drive threw deep puddles
    Revo 3.3 5308 w/Picco Max .26

RC poster
    hi again.. ran the Revo today for the first time... went very well!! Did the break in procedure, and all was good. hat thing is ffffassssttt!!!, my son got the hang of it by the time the last tank was being run, and the smile on his face was priceless! Doughnuts, jumping, flat out running were all part of a good day. Heavy rain moved in at about noon, so we had to stop. Time to show him about after run procedures, set him up a field box, (my old flight box), and give him a detailed description of how to do this on his own. He is 11. We ran very rich,( a lot of smoke, and I don't think it popped into second gear all day) should I lean the miix to make this happen?? Have a good day, JRL

Watch the language
    Last edited by Double G; 12-30-2013 at 11:36 PM.

RC Racer
    Yes lean the high speed needle small incraments at a time and you'll eventually get it