Thread: buzzing servo

RC Enthusiast

buzzing servo

had been using the 2 servo set up for a while and had enough of the buzzing, so switched to a single HiTec HS-7955TG and this one makes a buzzing sound too, only when I jiggle the TX joystick to centre it does it fall silent..... are they meant to make a noise, my servos on my Schumacher, Tamiya cars are silent until you move them.... beginning to wish id stayed with the fighting 2075's....

RC Champion
    That's weird I have three Hitec servos and none of them buzz unless they are binding, usually they are smooth and quiet. I would say set your steering trim at zero and center the servo horn, then check the end points.

If it's a digital servo they tend to buzz a lot when they're not 100% perfectly centered. If you pick up the front end and set it back down it'll probably go quiet because the tires can move that last fraction of a degree to be perfectly centered.

If it's just one servo their isn't a possibility of it fighting another, but the linkage could be bound up as well. If you take the servo horn off the servo the linkage should be super smooth and free moving. If it's hard to turn you've got something bound up, preventing the servo from hitting that perfect center.

RC Enthusiast
    Thanks both but I've spent this evening on forums and the interweb to find out that these hitec digital servos do make a range of noises from buzzing to chattering I'll spend sometime when the new steering bellcrank comes to centre and stop this however I'll be looking for an alternative if it still does this what do you suggest?

RC Qualifier
    I am using Savox single Servos on my EMBE & EMBE Street Build. Have had great results and no issues so would work as an alternative IMO.
    Always get a 2nd Opinion!

RC Qualifier
    Lets see some pictures of your setup, maybe the bellcrank is making it act like a b

RC Enthusiast
    I'll do some pics later today, thanks for your suggest Mugs, what model do you suggest?

If the servo isn't getting hot I wouldn't worry about it too much, most digital servos make noise. My .50 size nitro heli has 5 high-end JR servos in it and sounds like a bunch of angry smurfs.

If you're really worried contact the manufacturer and ask if it's normal. No reason to buy another servo if that one is working just fine.

RC Champion
    Savox are good, but Hitec are superior, some savox needs a glitch buster or an external BEC. Look for a servo with over 250 oz of torque.
    Last edited by NFS; 12-04-2013 at 12:00 PM.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlosfandango View Post
    I'll do some pics later today, thanks for your suggest Mugs, what model do you suggest?
    I have a Savox 1231SG with 444oz/in Torque on my off-road EMBE (due to upgrades it weights more than stock) and a Savox 1256TG with 278oz/in Torque on my on-road EMBE. Both without glitchbuster or external BEC and both with no steering issues or buzzing (as I spent the time ensuring the steering was properly aligned).
    Always get a 2nd Opinion!