RC Qualifier

Anyone into Kart Racing?

I've raced karts since '09 on both tar and dirt coming 3rd in the Australian titles two years in a row on dirt. Does anyone else race karts?
    Slugs are just naturally aspirated snails

RC Racer
    I'm currently building a go kart👍
    MERV, Broken Alias.

RC Qualifier
    Backyard basher or racing? I'm currently building a backyard basher

RC Qualifier
    I have a nice kart with a Honda 500cc 2-stroke engine, it's crazy fast. Of the ten people I've let drive it, only one was willing to get in it again. I don't race it, I take it to a corporate park on Sundays when nobody's around, those big office buildings have the biggest smoothest parking lots with some really nice layouts for running a kart. Map out a good track and do my best to peal all of the rubber off the tires. I push it to the limit the whole time I'm in it. Sitting on the ground going 80mph in a parking lot is scarier than going over 200mph on my bike. Proud member of the A.J.A. (Adrenaline Junkies Anonymous).

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Ball View Post
    I have a nice kart with a Honda 500cc 2-stroke engine, it's crazy fast. Of the ten people I've let drive it, only one was willing to get in it again. I don't race it, I take it to a corporate park on Sundays when nobody's around, those big office buildings have the biggest smoothest parking lots with some really nice layouts for running a kart. Map out a good track and do my best to peal all of the rubber off the tires. I push it to the limit the whole time I'm in it. Sitting on the ground going 80mph in a parking lot is scarier than going over 200mph on my bike. Proud member of the A.J.A. (Adrenaline Junkies Anonymous).
    That sounds awesome

RC Racer
    Ya mine is to drive on the canal road (crushed up asphalt) that's right behind my house
    MERV, Broken Alias.

RC Champion
    I have a good friend who has been racing karts for years and is the president of one of the local karting associations here in NJ and on the east coast of the USA. I don't k now much about the Karts other than they are very fast and as he puts it thankfully he is fully sponsored by a chassis company, engine company and tire company. He must have at least 5-7 karts in his shop and I don't know how many in his race trailer. He is always traveling during the season. One of these days I will take him up on a ride in one of them. He says they can hit close to 100mph on the straights depending on the track.
    Maxx3.3/ rusty5700/ slash3800/ slash5700 /4tec3.3

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by cenracer1 View Post
    He says they can hit close to 100mph on the straights depending on the track.
    They sure can!

RC Champion
    He spends hours upon hours wrenching on these cars his and primarily his sons cars every time I see him. Funny thing is every time I look at one of these cars, I can only imagine it with a remote control. Not sure why I always think that way. LOL
    Maxx3.3/ rusty5700/ slash3800/ slash5700 /4tec3.3

RC Enthusiast
    how about offroad carting anyone into that?

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by kaydog View Post
    how about offroad carting anyone into that?
    I race speedway karts on a dirt oval but there isn't any "offroad" karts