RC Competitor

This car's suspension is driving me crazy.

I can't figure out what the problem is. I finally got it out after moving to a new house, and the suspension is behaving weird. I had the suspension taken apart, at least from the mounts to the arms. So, it was apart for a good 2 months.

Today, I finally did unpack the car, so I decided to put it back together to model it while I look for the battery charger.

The suspension behaved very different. The suspension arms would not drop down like normal suspension when not touching the ground. So, the arms stay in the same place. It's persistent in the rear suspension, and not at all that bad in the front.

In the front, the arms come down almost all the way, just a few millimeters off. In the back, if I compress the suspension all the way down, the arms don't even attempt to drop. This happened before I had the shocks in too, which showed the full amount of travel the car could get.

I just don't understand why it is doing this. I can understand the whack amount of camber the car had after putting the shocks on, but that's really it.

Also, I have a video to example the shocks. This happens on my Slash, but it's not even noticeable on the truck.

Edited for language abuse. If you see a starred out word in your post, you must edit it out to avoid earning warning points.
    Last edited by cooleocool; 11-20-2013 at 09:10 AM.
    1:16 Ken Block, Traxxas SLASH 2WD Robby Gordon

RC poster
    Is there any shock oil in the shocks themselves???

RC Competitor
    Take out the shocks and sea how it behaves

RC Competitor
    You guys want me to make a video of me pushing the shocks, then show you what the suspension does without the shocks?

RC Champion
    Try unhooking the shocks and see if your rockers are really stiff and will not go up and down freely if they do turn freely we can go on from there.
    With great brushless comes great responsibility.

RC Competitor
    With the shocks COMPLETELY out, not attached to anything, the arms still stay in place. I have to pull them down.

RC Champion
    Try disconnecting the link rods from the rocker arms and try again.(of they are free then...replace the rocker arm bushings with bearings)...process of elimination.
    If they are still stiff...pull the pins out of the a-arms and clean them and the holes they slide through...something is causing restriction.
    --
    "Dude,I almost had you"
    R.I.P Paul Walker

RC Competitor
    I was thinking about dismantling the whole back and front arms, then cleaning them all out with pressurized air. See if that fixes everything, but it's thanksgiving, so I'm using my days off wisely.

RC Champion
    Remove 1 screw on each corner...and you can tell if it's the rockers or arms.
    --
    "Dude,I almost had you"
    R.I.P Paul Walker

RC Competitor
    May I ask which screw?

RC Champion
    The screw connecting the rocker to push rod...which is connected to the suspension arm.

If you disconnect that...you can see whats binding...the arm or the rocker.
    --
    "Dude,I almost had you"
    R.I.P Paul Walker

RC Competitor
    It's gotta be the shocks, because the arms move freely without shocks connected, except the front left. It still gets stuck in the same fashion.

RC Qualifier
    Turn the rocker post screw by 1/4 a turn. That will free it. Also try stiffening your shock oil and springs.
    And there he goes with the carbon...