RC Competitor

Stampede 4x4 or E-Revo?

Hey guys, I'm just wondering what made you get the Stampede 4x4 over the E-Revo brushless? These are the two trucks which I have been looking at and just can't decide between the two.

The Stampede is meant to make a good basher, from what I've read, so is the E-Revo is you stick to 4S lipos, 6S kills the diffs.

Just how tough is the Stampede 4x4? What parts do you usually break? What would you say are the out of the box essential upgrades?

Any advice much appreciated, thanks.

two different trucks, erevo can handle more rough terrain since it is a bigger truck, but everything is more expensive.

RC Competitor
    I'd mainly be using the Stampede in concrete skateparks and on bmx dirt jumps which the Stampede looks great for but I am still wondering if I would be better off with the E-Revo.

I'd want to run the Stampede on mainly 2S lipos, occasionally 3S. The E-revo I'd only run on 4S.

It is hardly to say which one is better, it depends of your driving habits, I don't remember breaking any part on the pede, probably a stripped hex/rim. The main issue with the erevo are the diffs, overall I prefer the big boys. If you can afford them get them both and decide which one fits you better.

RC Competitor
    I wouldn't class myself as a heavy basher, I like to try and keep my jumps and landings nice and smooth. I love nice slow controlled back flips. But I'm wanting a model which will cope if it does go wrong. I could afford both of them but I don't want both. I've owned a Revo 3.3 before but I imagine that is quite different to the way the E-Revo drives.

Slash 4x4:

A Stampede 4x4 should do even better due to having larger tires and a shorter wheelbase.

ERBE:

The crash on video was the last of a half-dozen. After each time it crashed, I said to the cameraman, "IF it drives back up here, I'll try again." I did end up breaking it that day, but only because the rear skid had been worn paper-thin previously, and this had nothing to do with the jumping shown in the video.
    I'll say this about the ERBE backflipping: given a smooth run-up and the correct shaped ramp, it is ridiculously easy to do.
    Last edited by ksb51rl; 11-18-2013 at 01:27 PM.
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

RC Qualifier
    I'm asking a similar question, because i own both, and will sell one next year, and not sure which one to sell. For skate park bashing I personally would go for Stampede, which is still (slightly) my favourite truck. This is because of the ease of use and repair (i find it quicker to do repairs / mods / batter charging on the single battery stampede) and general ruggedness. With a few upgrades (for me in order of importance: lipo, rear drive shafts, big bore shocks) it can take a beating.

The e-revo is better in big wide open spaces and big jumps, in my opinion.

It is probably a win-win, they are both awesome.

Let us know which one you go for!

I think it will come down to running cost but I know that the pede after a few upgrades can take crazy abuse and only needs one lipo at a time....peace
    Famous last words...watch this!!!!

RC Competitor
    Thanks for the videos, that's some front flip with the E-Revo!

Quote Originally Posted by cossack4 View Post
    I'm asking a similar question, because i own both, and will sell one next year, and not sure which one to sell. For skate park bashing I personally would go for Stampede, which is still (slightly) my favourite truck. This is because of the ease of use and repair (i find it quicker to do repairs / mods / batter charging on the single battery stampede) and general ruggedness. With a few upgrades (for me in order of importance: lipo, rear drive shafts, big bore shocks) it can take a beating.

The e-revo is better in big wide open spaces and big jumps, in my opinion.

It is probably a win-win, they are both awesome.

Let us know which one you go for!
    Quote Originally Posted by spenniepoos View Post
    I think it will come down to running cost but I know that the pede after a few upgrades can take crazy abuse and only needs one lipo at a time....peace
    Thanks for the advice guys. I am slightly swaying towards the Stampede, it seems more than capable for what I'm looking for. The E-Revo is awesome, but I imagine I'd need a bigger area to run it in to get the most out of it compared to the Stampede. I've been looking through the Stampede thread and it certainly appeals to me more.

Stampede is always a good choice. Also it is more durable than the e-revo.

The E-Revo is an awesome truck, but you'll have to invest in a lot more batteries for the same run-time. Its durability is a function of its weight, heavier trucks break more parts.
    Submarine Qualified, Chief Inducted, Navy Retired

Stampede 4x4..!
    Slash 4x4
    Stampede 4x4

RC Qualifier
    I vote Slash 4x4 (with MT tires) if your budgeted, if not get the the Offroad speed king(E-Revo BL). I know it's price is up there but I have a TWR HBBIES coupon list valid until December 31st(up to $1000 that only saves $100 though)
    PM for info.....

RC Competitor
    E-revo brushless edition all the way!!!!!!!!!!!!
    2 custom Nitros
    Rustler VXL
    Mamba Monster Summit

Stampede 4x4 is the better basher. Mure durable and cheaper parts.

E-Revo is a great truck but can't take as much abuse as the stampede 4x4.

I run my Stampede on 4s with Castle 1415 Motor and MIPs all around. Awesome for bashing.

RC Qualifier
    erevo.......
    8 traxxas models and counting....