Thread: Chassis

RC Enthusiast

Thumbs down Chassis

So I snapped my ears off my chassis again this week, it happen 2 weeks ago also. So my question is there a affordable chassis that will be better than stock?

RC Champion
    There is the RC monster vmaxx aluminum chassis. It's modular and can be upgraded as you go but it also accepts all the stock parts too.
    I have an RC problem...

RC Enthusiast
    Wow 150 bucks though?

I think if you go with RPM bulkheads and aluminum skid plates, this will fix the issue.

I have snapped 3 chassis on the Emaxx - I'm still shocked they have not redesigned it yet.
    "RED"

RC Qualifier
    There is also the flm emaxx chassis it will cost you 50$ less, it is a good chassis but not at lcg chassis

RC Enthusiast
    Does everything bolt up though?

RC Qualifier
    Yes the flm bolt up I like it a lot, but i do believe the v maxx is a good chassis try ebay

Then there is - Unlimited Engineering - more costly though.

My RC Cycle:
    Build it, Drive it, Brake it.

RC Qualifier
    There is also a chassis called the phantom chassi truggy like chassis

Man, that looks like a shelf queen in the making! B-E-A-U-TIFUL!!!!

The point I was trying to make with the magneto chassis over the FLM chassis is all the extra stuff you have to buy to make the Magneto work. The FLM is a bolt on and use the stock parts (i.e. trans over center diff, driveshafts)
    "RED"

Quote Originally Posted by Redsawacs View Post
    Man, that looks like a shelf queen in the making! B-E-A-U-TIFUL!!!!

The point I was trying to make with the magneto chassis over the FLM chassis is all the extra stuff you have to buy to make the Magneto work. The FLM is a bolt on and use the stock parts (i.e. trans over center diff, driveshafts)
    Thanks man!
    The FLM chassis uses different length shafts, different size chassis rails, Other aftermarket parts need to modified to fit the FLM chassis and it can only be used with a Transmission.

The Magneto needs a CDM, CD and different length shafts. Can only use a CD "non transmission"

The Vmaxx can use stock parts, and doesn't need to be modified for a cd. All you need is the CDM, CD, center skid to suit the CDM, and different length shafts. Or you can stick with the transmission.
    My RC Cycle:
    Build it, Drive it, Brake it.

RC Champion
    agreed on the vmaxx. It's truly a chassis that makes a great platform to build from because it works will all the stock parts, yet it can be upgraded in stages and made to be very formidable. It will not break like the stock plastic chassis. The phantom and magneto do require additional parts to make a runner. the phantom is for racing and the magneto is for super hardcore bashing that would wipe out any other available chassis.

The best part about the vmaxx is that it's 100% available plus all the upgrade parts from RC Monster. Mike is fantastic to deal with. The magneto and phantom are custom and not readily available.
    I have an RC problem...

RC Champion
    here's my vmaxx. It had a 1717 XO-1 motor and center diff so the receiver box was switched over to an erevo box and moved to the rear of the chassis. Otherwise it would have gone in the stock location with the stock transmission.

Then it was converted to a magneto:

and here is my phantom that is presently being assembled (just waiting on a few more parts):

Last edited by rock-rod; 02-19-2016 at 08:42 AM.
    I have an RC problem...

RC Qualifier
    I like those serpent 811e parts LOL.
    Last edited by wilsonj1018; 02-19-2016 at 10:37 PM.

RC Qualifier
    What is the proce for the magneto chassis and the price for the phantom chassis

So, is the Phantom meant to convert the E-Maxx to a Truggy class racer?
    "RED"

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Redsawacs View Post
    So, is the Phantom meant to convert the E-Maxx to a Truggy class racer?
    More or less but it's still heavy with all the aluminum. Maybe more of the hulk version of a truggy but probably not competitive because it still doesn't have the tune ability that s truggy has when it comes to suspension.

I have a Mugen mbx6t converted to brushless I can compare it to once the truck is finished.
    Last edited by rock-rod; 02-22-2016 at 09:22 PM.
    I have an RC problem...

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Sypsp View Post
    What is the proce for the magneto chassis and the price for the phantom chassis
    http://maxxparts.forumactif.org/t37-magneto-chassis-kit

http://maxxparts.forumactif.org/t2-phntom-maxx-chassis
    I have an RC problem...

RC poster
    just snapped my 39087-1 brushless chassis on 4s all stock. this truck is always broken. I am starting to believe that after spending this much money its time to move on to something else. thought this was a basher

RC Qualifier
    Thanks rock rod for the infi. The e maxx is a basher but there are better ones out there, but practise makes perfect no matter what you buy it can break

A few upgrades and you'll never break your chassis again. Start with RPM bulkheads and metal skidplates. The reason the chassis snaps where it snaps is due to the small contact point and the weight of the wheels when it rolls and tumbles. Strengthen that point and you're good to go. Still wish Traxxas would modify this design or make something to strengthen that point.
    "RED"

RC poster
    Thanks Red. Rpm parts are on order.

RC Champion
    if you want true indestructibility then by a truggy. i have a mugen mbx6t in my stable and the only failure i have had was a plastic spur gear. and that was my fault because i was running in very sticky mud that overloaded the drive train from the massive amount of rotational weight added to the insides of the wheels.

i love the maxx platform, but to build one that doesn't break all the time pretty much takes all custom parts (and loads of cash).
    I have an RC problem...