RC Racer

castle 3800 with sv2 ???

I'm running the stock XL5 ESC and 21t Titan geared 14/54 32p on 7cell NiMH. Silly puddy rear locker and 2.8" badlands. On pavement all is well, motor temps are okay. The ESC is flat out cool to the touch. Of course on grass the motor warms up a bit but not to the point that I could not hold it in my hand for at least 45 seconds or so. I've already smoked two 12t titans thus the 21t upgrade. My question is what do you all thank about the CC SV2 with 3800KV on 2s and every thing else unchanged. I don't intend to do any real crawling but we do do (lol) a lot of trail hiking and back yard bashing.
    Thanks for any input.

73, GOAT

Texas, Chemical Plant along the Gulf Coast
    Do you already have that combo or you looking at picking one up? I would go with the newest Sv3 ESC (waterproof) or the MMP (Non-waterproof) ESC and the 3800kv motor. The MMP has a smaller footprint and more cell count.

The 3800 motor is a good choice.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Racer
    I am looking at going to this combo. And yes I would go with the SV3 and the 3800 KV motor.
    I'm just worried about the temps. Yesterday I nearly toasted my 21T Titan while running in short grass with a few dirty hill climbs thrown in, so I stepped down from a 14/54 gearing to a 9/54 gearing (9t pinion only because my 12t pinion out on loan) I plan to run a few packs in the same grass and hills today and check temps again.

Texas, Chemical Plant along the Gulf Coast
    You shouldnt have any heat problems with the 3800kv. The best thing is to check the temps periodically the first run then either gear up or down until you feel comfortable. The downside to running this motor is you will notice a little big of cogging when you first give it throttle. Its not a sensored motor so this is a bit noticeable.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore