RC Competitor

how do you like your summit

im thinking about geting a summit and before i spend 700 some dollars i want to know what what you guys like/dislike about them

RC Racer
    What are you looking to do with your rc. That's the million dollar question I have a bl e revo, and a summit. They're both similar yet very different. The summit is great for trail riding but not so much speed runs. The e revo is a great basher. I haven't bashed the summit too much yet. Really both are great trucks. But if you tell us what you want it for- we could better help you!

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

If you have the terrain to challenge it,there are few if any Rc that can do and go where this one can.if you just want to bash and go fast this may not be the truck you are looking for.

Sent using lipo power
    Mountains cant stop me
    they have tried

RC Competitor
    im not looking to go fast or any thing like that (i already have a minni slash for that) im looking for somthing that i can just run everything over that gets in my way

RC Racer
    My Summit is my favorite for bashing and running over anything and going anywhere. I take it more places than my ERBE because the Summit is waterproof whereas the MMM ESC on ERBE is not. ERBE is great for sped runs, long jumps and noisy power. With my Summit I never worry about running it when there is lots of dew on the grass (won't run my ERBE as stuff can get really wet). Summit will jump nicely as well. It has lights so I can run it at night (I've added lots more lights).

I love my 2WD Slash for fast SCT action wet or dry. Can't run for long on grass. Great for fish tailing. can't climb curbs like the ERBE and Summit as its too small. Put Mashers on mine. It'll try to climb p a wall and stand on its rear. Great all around vehicle and at 23 mph, its fast enough.

I love my ERBE for its brute speed and power -- lots of pavement speed runs and some off road. Dry conditions only

I love my Summit for its ability to truly handle all terrain and weather conditions that this Slash and ERBE can't handle.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by 1 16 slash View Post
    im not looking to go fast or any thing like that (i already have a minni slash for that) im looking for somthing that i can just run everything over that gets in my way
    Sounds like the summit is just what ur lookin for. I tried both bashing and crawling when I first got my summit, Didn't take me long to figure out that I love the beasts abillity to roll over almost anything. Have since done most mods mainly for trailing and crawling out camping, and I absolutly love it. If you'r not looking for speed and alot of bashing, you can;t go wrong with the mighty Summit.
    Drive Angry My Friends!

RC poster
    I'll put it this way, the Summit was made to do this:

Quote Originally Posted by 1 16 slash View Post
    ...somthing that i can just run everything over that gets in my way
    Last edited by customdusty; 11-07-2013 at 07:09 PM.

RC Racer
    Bought one a week ago and loving it, bought the one that comes with lipos and an ez peak charger. The truck stock is pretty awesome but there is always room for improvement, changed out the shock oil to 60w and put the double orange gears in the rear to reduce the rearend squat on acceleration. Just bought 2 8200 mAh SPC lipo batteries for longer run time too, good luck with the purchase and shop around for the best price.

I'd get the one without batteries... then buy aftermarket packs. You probably already have a charger...
    Whatever it is I just typed... could be wrong.

RC Racer
    i got my summit and rebuilt the entire thing from ground up payed 100 for it and put prob 350 into new parts off ebay and im waiting on my dewalt to come but seeing my buddies its the best truck to buy it can do anything
    Traxxas summit
    Traxxas rustler vxl

RC Competitor
    So far I've found them for 529$ new

RC Qualifier
    I ordered my first 1 from my LHS that came with Traxxas 5000mah Lipos and 2 chargers for around 700 bucks . I then ordered 2 more chargers and 2 more sets of cheap lipos. Some days with the kids helping me run the batts down i find myself needing another set just so the fun doesn't stop.

RC poster
    Like every one has said go for the summit it's tuff and heaps of fun I also hav a bl Erevo if u want shear speedo that's a wild beast
    I decided to buy my self a Gv Racing bl cage fast as well but I would say every time I used it something has broken unlike both of my traxxas cars
    Defo buy the summit
    Ausv8

RC Competitor
    I have not got a chance to really drive mine except for 15 minutes in the house, climbing the stairs back up from the basement, this thing is absolutely incredible. Indeed, no driving experience, however I really enjoy the e-revo mini ( first car ) and I anticipate this summit is going to be equally a blast.

A challenge we had with the mini revo is snow is deep now and we could only slide around on the ice and water, as soon as it hit a bit deeper snow, game over. Looking forward to waking up and taking it out for the day.

If you want to see the size compared to a mini revo, check out my "I am new here post"

http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...t-Owner-Canada

RC Qualifier
    Got one Monday. Penny to the pound my best rc by a long shot- its not even questionable. 3-400 in some of my 1/10s before mods. I live on 70 acres lots of atv utv trails. The summit is a rc bulldozer almost - point and shoot. Lots of money but worth every penny for what you get.
    Summit, ERBE X2, 4pdes, 2pdes, etc lol

RC Competitor
    Just to update, had the truck out today. We have a ravine behind our house, it did not seem to matter how deep the snow was or how tall of grass we went through this truck would not stop. I do have a regret and a wise warning for you.

Regret - I did not buy any batteries when I purchased it, I figured I would be ok the first few days using the 3000mah nmh, they are "good" batteries, they run out quick, between speed and some off road we got about 25 minutes from them. ( which feels like 2.5 minutes with this thing )

Wise Warning - This truck is addictive, anywhere we wanted to go/drive we went.

As posted by many others the back springs need to be changed ( sags when you throttle it ), I have no advice on this as I need help on which ones to get, they will run you about 6.00 - 8.00 for the pair.

This truck is A+, if it got stolen and I went back to buy another one and they raised the price? I would probably pay it.

Cheers! - Lets us know if you decide to get one!

RC Competitor
    Unfortunately it's going to take a long time to scrape up enough doe to buy one

RC Competitor
    I just checked the price on it jumped from 529 to 589 gotta love the holiday season

RC Competitor
    Paid $599.00 here at the LHS in canada without charger.

RC Champion
    Lovin my summit . I changed to the e-revo look for a while, and it is keeping me more involved with the summit.

MY SUMMIT WITH E-REVO BODY, WING, and E-REVO BODY POST

I should use the stickers, and make a e-sumevo .
    Last edited by ajcar; 11-16-2013 at 05:19 AM.
    I'm not krazy. My mother had me tested.

RC Competitor
    That's a cool summit dude