Here's the start. Next will be shaft, strut and prop.
I will be following your rebuild VERY closely... I had a thought that occured to me, most of the Spartans' run in fresh water and they fail there too, I run in Salt so I guess when mine fails it will be a bad fail! From what I can tell that is a SK180. V2 or V1? Why did you not choose a Castle Hydra(most likely price)?
PM for info.....
It is a SK V2. Almost everything I've read about it is positive and it seems like the best bang for the buck.
What strut do you plan to upgrade to?
37” Fightercat Shocker
I'm going to order the OSE 3/16" strut and cable upgrade kit. By the time I get this all together my local pond will probably be frozen.
Any updates on this? A little curious.
Good Choice, another suggestion is change your connectors to EC5
Sharing is the best thing to do on EARTH legally.
Here's the progress. I haven't had a lot of time to work on it lately. After the many posts I've read here and OSE I decided to switch everything over to EC5. Soldered my connectors to my ESC and immediately realized I put the wrong set on the ESC. So, back to the LHS I go.
Here are pics of the progress.
Looks good! I am still in thinking progress of another TRX VS Sk180. I will probably get a new Traxxas system but modify it a bit. Which Leopard motor is that 1600kv? I like the way that you linked the ESC water lines, I may add a small transom pickup if I get the SK180. Does anyone use the new Castle polarized connectors????
Last edited by cooleocool; 11-08-2013 at 09:45 AM. Reason: Fixed motor's brand name.
PM for info.....
Finally got it on the water today. Unfortunately the pond I usually run on is closed for the season. I took it to a way too small pond just to make sure it works but it was really hard to judge difference because of the size of the pond. I also still need to order a shaft and prop.
What did you use to attach the esc to the plastic tray
I would highly recommend you waterproof the ESC with liquid electrical tape. I have flooded two of them. I use a brush and go all the way around the plastic see thru bottom to the body and all the exposed electrical. The bottom see through cover is o-ringed sealed and is very prone to leaking. I alsp put a few dabs on the top bolts.
The piece I used to attach the ESC was actually a part to my transmitter case from Harbor Freight http://www.harborfreight.com/18-x-13...ase-69315.html. It is one one of the parts you use to make dividers in the case. It is cardboard encapsulated in plastic and foam rubber. The end I had to cut I resealed with silicone. So far it seems to work but I've only had the boat out once since the change. My normal place to run is closed for the winter.