RC Qualifier

Mini e-revo vxl vs mini slash vs mini monster jam

I want a 116 mini. I don't know what to choose. A kindergardener brought a toy (not rc) monster jam truck and we had so much fun just doing tunnel loops and sick jumps with our powerful hand launches and going up and down slides. So that day inspired me to get a 116 traxxas mini of some sort. I want to do what I was doing at school with it, bash at the local race track and I want to run in water and dirt and sand. Which one should I get?
    Go Traxxas, Team Associated, and Losi!

RC Turnbuckle Jr. mwe-maxxowner's Avatar
    Sounds like maybe a mini revo, or even a mini summit would work well for you. I own a 1/16 revo and it is quite fast, and decent offroad being 4wd. I would imagine the monster jam minis being 2wd wouldn't do so well. With the smaller wheels/tires, the mini slash just wouldn't be for me without installing larger tires. Which would make it a mini revo lol.

They are all fairly easy to convert to the other models I believe. I'd get a mini revo. Try throwing some mini slash tires on it sometime and see what you think. Disconnect the front driveshafts and try it in 2wd.

I want to gear mine down, get some 1/16 canyons, and LT rockers, and try it as a mini summit.
    460, straightpipes, buried throttle, nuff said :D

RC Qualifier
    The only issue is I want the mini summit suspension travel, and the mini slash body. So would it be cheaper to get the mini summit long travel rockers and buy the slash and then have extreme suspension travel? Oh yeah, it would be cheaper for you to just sell the merv and then get a mini summit and then buy an erevo body.

RC Qualifier
    You could have both :-)
    We've just finished converting a Boss 302 into a Mini Digger 4WD

Build thread and pics here

RC Turnbuckle Jr. mwe-maxxowner's Avatar
    I'll bet the mini slash body can be fit onto the mini summit.
    460, straightpipes, buried throttle, nuff said :D

RC Qualifier
    I want the slash look including the tires and the LT rockers.

You are either going to need to hack up the body or raise it way above the tires... the arms on the Digger/Summit/Revo are longer than the Slash/Mustang/Rally. The shorter arms tuck the tires under the shell, the longer arms put the center of the tire at the edge of the shell.

Also, the higher you have the body the higher the center of gravity... meaning it will be much easier to flip over.
    Whatever it is I just typed... could be wrong.

RC Qualifier

Well, maybe I don't need the LT rockers. I was driving someone's 116 slash and it had more travel then the 10th scales. It has more than enough travel I think now. The only crappy thing about the mini slash is that they don't make a vxl version anymore... I guess I will have to upgrade it. This is part of what i want to do with it at school. Except land the jumps. Check out his driving videos he says that it has too much travel. Poor Jang at 0:43
    Last edited by Traxxasfreak61; 11-02-2013 at 10:31 AM.