Thread: 2200 no power

RC Competitor

2200 no power

I just bought a brand new castle 2200 and it has very little power on 4s. I had to get a new system I had a team orion 2300 but it just stopped working. So I figured I would get the stock system the e-revo comes with and I figured it would be be close in power but it is horrible. The brakes are crazy if I mash the brakes it will do a front flip. It wont even pull a wheelie.

Motor wires and everything is hooked up right I just cant figure it out.

batteries are 5200mAh 50c.

RC Qualifier
    Sounds like your motor direction is backwards. You can try switching the motor wires to the esc around. I'm pretty sure it doesn't matter how they're hooked up. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
    addicted much....

RC Competitor
    Did that and it was hooked up right from the start. It goes maybe 30-35mph. running a 23 tooth pinion with the smallest spur i can get.

RC Qualifier
    Did you calibrate the end points?

RC Competitor
    like full throttle hold wait for beep, reverse hold wait for beep and then neutral hold and wait for beep? if so they yes i did that.

yes it does matter the wiring order, it can run in reverse.

You said a new system, So you bought the MMM ESC also?? The brake % percent can be turned down with Castle link.
    But the low power prob, I'm drawing a blank, something it backwards. I have read it just don't remember, have to do some thinking.
    Would you go flip my truck back over??

RC Competitor
    Yeah i bought it as a combo. I will be hooking it up at work tomorrow to turn the brakes down. I tried everything, switching wires new batteries. I even put my xo-1 batteries in there (6S) and it is crazy but i dont want to run it on 6s all the time.

make sure there is no punch control... while you are at it, bump up the LVC to 3.4v per cell....
    Would you go flip my truck back over??