Thread: Tuning question

RC Enthusiast

Tuning question

I recently bought a Telluride ( my first RC) and upgrades the diff oil to 500K and changed the shock oil to 30 wt. which seemed to be working well with the T12. I burned up that motor and switched to the Velenion Brushless system. The car is alot of fun but now it seems very unstable at speed ( I know it was never meant to go this fast). I have a slipper clutch with at 13/54 gearing. The car just seems to get up on a wheel and then it spins or flips. It will also do doughnuts with very little steering input and seems a little bouncy at speed. My question is will going to a softer 200-300K diff fluid help with stability at speed and should I consider going to a lighter shock oil?? I use the car just for fun some jumps, trails whatever. No real crawling. Thanks

Accepting requests for bashing at GREENWOOD BASHPLEX in Pittsburgh PA!! Check the thread in the track buddy forum and reply there or pm
    I would first install a pede 4x4 slipper and 32p gears. You can dial out a bunch of that crazyness with the slipper. You will prob need it in the future for the stronger gears anyway, so I would try that first. Then maybe drop the diff fluid down to 200k front and 100k rear next. Only make 1 change at a time though so you can feel exactly what each change does for handling
    Ya can't polish fertilizer...

RC Enthusiast
    I have the pede slipper with 32p gears in it. I was not sure how loose I could make it without burning up the pads. I will try taking some out of it. Its probably little over 1/4 turn from full tight now.

Accepting requests for bashing at GREENWOOD BASHPLEX in Pittsburgh PA!! Check the thread in the track buddy forum and reply there or pm
    Make it slip for the first 5 feet or so on full power starts on a high traction surface. It should be fine.
    Ya can't polish fertilizer...