Thread: Fake anodizing.

Accepting requests for bashing at GREENWOOD BASHPLEX in Pittsburgh PA!! Check the thread in the track buddy forum and reply there or pm

Fake anodizing.

Ok, came upon this vid:

I want to turn this motor orange or yellow:

I know that the motor can, can be stripped and polished, I have never done it and need to know 2 things.

What hand polish to use, and the best way to get between the fins of the castle 1512 by hand. My dremel just croaked. I can pretty much figure out the stripping, and can see the application from the vid.

This is for my pede 4x4 build. Thanks for any help.
    Ya can't polish fertilizer...

The Easy Off oven cleaner in the yellow top can will make the anodizing practically fall off on it's own. Just spray it on and let it sit for a few minutes then hit it with a stiff bristled brush.
    BlindMan Racing
    Rusty - MERV - Pede 4x4-Alias
    SPC Lipo Power

Accepting requests for bashing at GREENWOOD BASHPLEX in Pittsburgh PA!! Check the thread in the track buddy forum and reply there or pm
    Thanks Dad. Never thought of the brush 8)

Now what polish to use?

RC Enthusiast
    I recommend using Mother's Mag & Aluminum polish. I used this to polish my striped TXT-1 chassis. Came out nice and shiny.

Sent From My 2500 HD Tapatalk 2
    My old screen name on here is ( Rocpede4x4)

Thanks! I will try to get between the fins by hand....

You'll get a nice polish with a polishing/buffing wheel with the polish. I use an inch buffing wheel for a dremel, but use an electric drill, I don't have a dremel.
    Google search trumps Wiki. Refer to user guide.

RC Qualifier
    Do not use the wire brush to get the anodizing off it will come off if you leave it sit in there long enough. Now don't leave it in there to long or else it oxidize the aluminum or the object. I did it to my motor mount and it took about 6 minutes then I hit it with some of my dad's aluminum polish with a Dremel and a polishing wheel and it came to a mirror like finish. It is so polished that I can see my self In it. I also did it to my scooter wheels and they look great polished. I wouldn't do it to your motor though as it might hurt the winds and the wiring. Hope this helps.

others have done the motors and they work fine. After I get my pede back together, I will start working on this.

I think I want to leave the green on the back end and have orange from the fins to the motor shaft side. It will bee the only green part on an otherwise red yellow and orange truck. I think I should leave just that one slice green to tip my hat to castle and all the fun they have provided me...

I have also been considering the bristled brush and the more I think of it the more it seems like a bad idea. The alum is soft and a stiff brush like that could score the aluminum. I figure a stiff toothbrush will do just fine.
    Last edited by rag6; 11-02-2013 at 09:20 PM.