Page 9 of 30 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
Results 321 to 360 of 1187
  1. #321
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Rio Rancho new mexico
    Posts
    209
    so i went for a ride with my brother we went about 10 miles because his blue schwinn is stuck in last gear we found that this trail splits off into two different trails! im in heaven. the pic is of the trail right by my house im going to be riding all the trails
    2001 tmaxx, 2012 1/16 erevo vxl

  2. #322
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Temecula,CA
    Posts
    2,127
    Quote Originally Posted by ithrowstones View Post
    Nice job! How many were there? 17? just messing.

    I haven't rode since about probably October ish
    46 to be exact! I just want to get top 15 so I have a guaranteed starting spot in the first 3 rows. Might get it this next race though.
    Slash 4x4 LCG, Rusty VXL(not runnin), and my bike.

  3. #323
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    North-West Ohio
    Posts
    978
    Wow. You really got yourself way up there better luck next time though. Maybe you'll take top 3!
    God is good.

  4. #324
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Temecula,CA
    Posts
    2,127
    Quote Originally Posted by ithrowstones View Post
    Wow. You really got yourself way up there better luck next time though. Maybe you'll take top 3!
    Thank you!

    So today I found out that my only endurance ride trail has been shut down by the native americans. Now I have nowhere to go unless I can get a ride with someone since my mom wont let me start driving. Riding the streets around here are not an option since I live right next to a casino that releases lots of intoxicated drivers and also an area that is notorious for rear-end collisions. On a side note, I made it up a very steep and technical climb for the first time when I have been trying forever to make it!
    Slash 4x4 LCG, Rusty VXL(not runnin), and my bike.

  5. #325
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    North-West Ohio
    Posts
    978
    That sucks. Maybe you can make your own trails..

    Good job on getting the steep climb!
    God is good.

  6. #326
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Rio Rancho new mexico
    Posts
    209
    hi guys iv noticed something today while cleaning my bike, I noticed that where the cables touch the frame its starting to rub some of the paint off . i put some clear tape on where it rubs but i just want to know what do you guys do to solve this issue? or do you do anything? also im wondering what paint safe de greaser do you guys use?
    Thanks in advanced!
    2001 tmaxx, 2012 1/16 erevo vxl

  7. #327
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Temecula,CA
    Posts
    2,127
    Quote Originally Posted by nathan8856 View Post
    hi guys iv noticed something today while cleaning my bike, I noticed that where the cables touch the frame its starting to rub some of the paint off . i put some clear tape on where it rubs but i just want to know what do you guys do to solve this issue? or do you do anything? also im wondering what paint safe de greaser do you guys use?
    Thanks in advanced!
    I just let the paint rub off, it just breaks the bike in. As for degreaser I use just normal citrus degreaser from places like walmart and home depot. I'll go get some pics of my bike after my ride today.
    Slash 4x4 LCG, Rusty VXL(not runnin), and my bike.

  8. #328
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Rio Rancho new mexico
    Posts
    209
    also im looking to add a little more white to my bike and since i have the money should i get these? http://www.amazon.com/700C-Stars-Whe...=700c+wheelset are they as good as the shimano rx100's?
    2001 tmaxx, 2012 1/16 erevo vxl

  9. #329
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Temecula,CA
    Posts
    2,127
    How good are your derailleurs? If they aren't that great I'd do those before wheels.
    Slash 4x4 LCG, Rusty VXL(not runnin), and my bike.

  10. #330
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Rio Rancho new mexico
    Posts
    209
    Quote Originally Posted by sean1214 View Post
    How good are your derailleurs? If they aren't that great I'd do those before wheels.
    im not sure how good or bad they are (they are shimano rx100)my bike is completely outfited with shimano rx100 and personally im very happy with my derailers and shifters.
    2001 tmaxx, 2012 1/16 erevo vxl

  11. #331
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Temecula,CA
    Posts
    2,127
    Quote Originally Posted by nathan8856 View Post
    im not sure how good or bad they are (they are shimano rx100)my bike is completely outfited with shimano rx100 and personally im very happy with my derailers and shifters.
    If they do the job good then go for the wheels if you tires are good. Just keep'em clean and the bike should run good.
    Slash 4x4 LCG, Rusty VXL(not runnin), and my bike.

  12. #332
    Traxxas Marshal cooleocool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Wherever the road takes me.
    Posts
    37,220
    Quote Originally Posted by nathan8856 View Post
    I noticed that where the cables touch the frame its starting to rub some of the paint off . i put some clear tape on where it rubs but i just want to know what do you guys do to solve this issue?
    Where are they rubbing?
    "Happiness depends upon ourselves." -Aristotle

  13. #333
    Marshal Dadx2mj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    So Cal
    Posts
    21,469
    Yeah on the cable rubbing the frame that just does not seem right to me, seems like it would wear out a cable in short order. My cruiser has stand offs and cable guides (nylon/plastic tracks to hold the cable off the frame) to prevent the cable from touching the frame at all.
    BlindMan Racing
    Rusty - MERV - Pede 4x4-Alias
    SPC Lipo Power

  14. #334
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Rio Rancho new mexico
    Posts
    209
    Quote Originally Posted by cooleocool View Post
    Where are they rubbing?
    down near the rear derailer and the top of the toptub where the cable runs here are some pics
    EDIT sorry for the double pics
    Last edited by nathan8856; 03-03-2014 at 05:26 PM.
    2001 tmaxx, 2012 1/16 erevo vxl

  15. #335
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Rio Rancho new mexico
    Posts
    209
    Quote Originally Posted by Dadx2mj View Post
    Yeah on the cable rubbing the frame that just does not seem right to me, seems like it would wear out a cable in short order. My cruiser has stand offs and cable guides (nylon/plastic tracks to hold the cable off the frame) to prevent the cable from touching the frame at all.
    mine does have stand offs on the top tub but they still manage to rub maybe it has something to do with mileage? mines about to hit 2500 iv only put about 300 of the miles on this bike
    2001 tmaxx, 2012 1/16 erevo vxl

  16. #336
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Rio Rancho new mexico
    Posts
    209
    Quote Originally Posted by sean1214 View Post
    If they do the job good then go for the wheels if you tires are good. Just keep'em clean and the bike should run good.
    i dont know it pains me to change anything from original its such a nice bike the shimano rx100's shift perfectly and require little maintenance. i think ill just leave it stock
    2001 tmaxx, 2012 1/16 erevo vxl

  17. #337
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Rio Rancho new mexico
    Posts
    209
    also going back to when we were talking about how drivers treat cyclists in my new neighborhood iv noticed drivers are a lot nicer and give you the right away all the time. i guess its all in the location
    2001 tmaxx, 2012 1/16 erevo vxl

  18. #338
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Saskatoon, SK. Canada
    Posts
    2,187
    Great to see we have bikers here too! Yes, I've been a biker all my life! I belong to the Horizon 100 club. We ride 100km every Saturday and 50km every Wednesday night. I achieved the clubs platinum award one year for riding +3850km (2392 miles) in one season. I average somewhere around there each year, but my riding has dropped off of late.

    Like RC, I have many bikes as well.

    My Main one is a 2005 Litespeed Tuscany Titanium with Campagnolo Record parts, all constructed by myself. I assemble and piece together all my bikes.



    Here it is set up for night riding


    This is a Vintage 1986 Colnago Master Cromoly that I collected parts for a year or so until I found them from all over the world. It is comprised of Campagnolo C Record, hard stuff to find. This is a beautiful bike, and rides very nicely, but the shifting tech and braking is not as good as the Litespeed. Still I love riding it like driving an old Ferrari.


    Rolling Shot


    This is my 1988 Trek 5000, the first Carbon fiber bike Trek made. The frame was actually made by Graphite Technologies. It is full Shimano Dura Ace that I have upgraded over the years.


    Here it is setup for a night ride


    Here's a shot of the 3 together. The Colnago was under construction


    This is one of the many Mountain bikes I own. A 2008 Rocky Mountain ETSX 70 with full Shimano XTR with Mavic tubeless rims.




    This is my newest bike a 2011 Electra Deluxe. The funny thing is it's my newest, but the most retro looking. I have added the headlight, saddle bags and the chrome chain. I didn't't assemble this bike, rather I bought it as a store close out. This thing is a blast to ride and reminds me of what its like to be a kid again, each time I ride it!



    I have a few more bikes, but I don't want to bore you folks..
    Last edited by ViperZ; 03-03-2014 at 08:55 PM.

  19. #339
    Traxxas Marshal cooleocool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Wherever the road takes me.
    Posts
    37,220
    Quote Originally Posted by nathan8856 View Post
    down near the rear derailer and the top of the toptub where the cable runs here are some pics
    Oh, it looks like your cable housings are rubbing not your cables; that's not really anything to worry too much about. Vibration and some housing movement with use over time can cause that in certain areas depending on the cable routing. If the cables themselves were touching the frame, then you'd most likely have an issue.

    What you did should help. Some folks also use 3M clear adhesive film (the stuff used to protect the paint on motor vehicles) or touch screen covers cut to the appropriate size.
    "Happiness depends upon ourselves." -Aristotle

  20. #340
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Rio Rancho new mexico
    Posts
    209
    Quote Originally Posted by cooleocool View Post
    Oh, it looks like your cable housings are rubbing not your cables; that's not really anything to worry too much about. Vibration and some housing movement with use over time can cause that in certain areas depending on the cable routing. If the cables themselves were touching the frame, then you'd most likely have an issue.

    What you did should help. Some folks also use 3M clear adhesive film (the stuff used to protect the paint on motor vehicles) or touch screen covers cut to the appropriate size.
    ok good to know i have some tablet screen protectors ill try that tomorrow
    2001 tmaxx, 2012 1/16 erevo vxl

  21. #341
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Saskatoon, SK. Canada
    Posts
    2,187
    Like Cooleo said. I use the clear protective tape on the frame of my bikes where the cables touch to prevent scratch wear. Its an effective solution.

  22. #342
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Rio Rancho new mexico
    Posts
    209
    Quote Originally Posted by ViperZ View Post
    Great to see we have bikers here too! Yes, I've been a biker all my life! I belong to the Horizon 100 club. We ride 100km every Saturday and 50km every Wednesday night. I achieved the clubs platinum award one year for riding +3850km (2392 miles) in one season. I average somewhere around there each year, but my riding has dropped off of late.

    Like RC, I have many bikes as well.

    My Main one is a 2005 Litespeed Tuscany Titanium with Campagnolo Record parts, all constructed by myself. I assemble and piece together all my bikes.



    Here it is set up for night riding


    This is a Vintage 1986 Colnago Master Cromoly that I collected parts for a year or so until I found them from all over the world. It is comprised of Campagnolo C Record, hard stuff to find. This is a beautiful bike, and rides very nicely, but the shifting tech and braking is not as good as the Litespeed. Still I love riding it like driving an old Ferrari.


    Rolling Shot


    This is my 1988 Trek 5000, the first Carbon fiber bike Trek made. The frame was actually made by Graphite Technologies. It is full Shimano Dura Ace that I have upgraded over the years.


    Here it is setup for a night ride


    Here's a shot of the 3 together. The Colnago was under construction


    This is one of the many Mountain bikes I own. A 2008 Rocky Mountain ETSX 70 with full Shimano XTR with Mavic tubeless rims.

    This is my newest bike a 2011 Electra Deluxe. The funny thing is it's my newest, but the most retro looking. I have added the headlight, saddle bags and the chrome chain. I didn't't assemble this bike, rather I bought it as a store close out. This thing is a blast to ride and reminds me of what its like to be a kid again, each time I ride it!



    I have a few more bikes, but I don't want to bore you folks..
    im very jealous of your collection that trek 5000 is worth a pretty penny i do see a lack of diamondbacks in your collection when i get a job i plan to expand my collection quite a bit.
    2001 tmaxx, 2012 1/16 erevo vxl

  23. #343
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Saskatoon, SK. Canada
    Posts
    2,187
    Quote Originally Posted by nathan8856 View Post
    im very jealous of your collection that trek 5000 is worth a pretty penny i do see a lack of diamondbacks in your collection when i get a job i plan to expand my collection quite a bit.
    Thanks Nathan! Yeah, maybe one day the Trek 5000 can be donated back to their museum I have never owned a Diamondback, but it's not about the bike, more the rider, right? Keep at it, I'm sure your collection will build too. I've been at it a long time

  24. #344
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Rio Rancho new mexico
    Posts
    209
    Quote Originally Posted by ViperZ View Post
    Thanks Nathan! Yeah, maybe one day the Trek 5000 can be donated back to their museum I have never owned a Diamondback, but it's not about the bike, more the rider, right? Keep at it, I'm sure your collection will build too. I've been at it a long time
    yeah i may be a little biased towards diamondback XD my diamondback gets compliments every time i ride the trails its just a beautiful bike. that being said i like all roadbikes (especially down tube snifter roadbikes) im in the market for a vintage centurion, trek, or fuji roadbike if my old computer sells ill have about 400 bucks to spend
    2001 tmaxx, 2012 1/16 erevo vxl

  25. #345
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Temecula,CA
    Posts
    2,127
    Viper all you are missing is a fatbike for the winter months!

    I don't know if I have mentioned it yet on this thread but I ride a 2013 Trek Superfly 100 AL Elite. Found some good mud holes after a ride on sunday with my friend and couldn't resist.... It was even better than this before the wet roads cleared some of the mud off... I also got stuck in one 2 feet deep and had to walk out, lol.










    Slash 4x4 LCG, Rusty VXL(not runnin), and my bike.

  26. #346
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Rio Rancho new mexico
    Posts
    209
    Quote Originally Posted by sean1214 View Post
    Viper all you are missing is a fatbike for the winter months!

    I don't know if I have mentioned it yet on this thread but I ride a 2013 Trek Superfly 100 AL Elite. Found some good mud holes after a ride on sunday with my friend and couldn't resist.... It was even better than this before the wet roads cleared some of the mud off... I also got stuck in one 2 feet deep and had to walk out, lol.










    haha that looks like a lot of fun i may have to pick up a mountain bike next but i do live in the desert so i wont see much mud
    2001 tmaxx, 2012 1/16 erevo vxl

  27. #347
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    1,346
    hey has anyone heard of a garry fisher bike

  28. #348
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Rio Rancho new mexico
    Posts
    209
    Quote Originally Posted by gunslinger9 View Post
    hey has anyone heard of a garry fisher bike
    yes from what i understand about them they are pretty good bikes
    2001 tmaxx, 2012 1/16 erevo vxl

  29. #349
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    1,346
    I have one in my shed its a bmx bike and I was wondering how much they are worth, its kinda old though and I lost interest in it and now bmx on my se ripper x

  30. #350
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Rio Rancho new mexico
    Posts
    209
    Quote Originally Posted by gunslinger9 View Post
    I have one in my shed its a bmx bike and I was wondering how much they are worth, its kinda old though and I lost interest in it and now bmx on my se ripper x
    let me do some research i know the older 80's-90's bmx bikes are desired what is the model? not knowing what model it is id say anywhere from 50 to 100 if you put it on craigslist
    Last edited by nathan8856; 03-04-2014 at 12:25 PM.
    2001 tmaxx, 2012 1/16 erevo vxl

  31. #351
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    1,346
    all I know is its yellow

  32. #352
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Rio Rancho new mexico
    Posts
    209
    Quote Originally Posted by gunslinger9 View Post
    all I know is its yellow
    post some pics
    2001 tmaxx, 2012 1/16 erevo vxl

  33. #353
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    1,346
    I will as soon as all the snow melts lol, but I searched everything by gary fisher and never seen 1 pic of it or even close to it. did he ever make a specialty bike

  34. #354
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Rio Rancho new mexico
    Posts
    209
    Quote Originally Posted by gunslinger9 View Post
    I will as soon as all the snow melts lol, but I searched everything by gary fisher and never seen 1 pic of it or even close to it. did he ever make a specialty bike
    i have no idea lol do you know around how old it is?
    2001 tmaxx, 2012 1/16 erevo vxl

  35. #355
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    1,346
    like 30 years oldish

  36. #356
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Rio Rancho new mexico
    Posts
    209
    Quote Originally Posted by gunslinger9 View Post
    like 30 years oldish
    then its gotta be worth something im anxious to see it
    2001 tmaxx, 2012 1/16 erevo vxl

  37. #357
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    1,346
    ik you got me wanting to unbury the shed now man lol. I will post pics when I can get into the shed and hopefully figure what its worth. do you think the fact that the only thing not stock on it is tires ruins the price

  38. #358
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Rio Rancho new mexico
    Posts
    209
    Quote Originally Posted by gunslinger9 View Post
    ik you got me wanting to unbury the shed now man lol. I will post pics when I can get into the shed and hopefully figure what its worth. do you think the fact that the only thing not stock on it is tires ruins the price
    no tires shouldn't change the price at all its a plus if you have the original tires but they are prone to dry rotting if they are that old so its not really expected to have the original tires. as long as the bikes in original condition with original paint and original components then it should be worth something i may even buy it
    2001 tmaxx, 2012 1/16 erevo vxl

  39. #359
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    1,346
    ya and I think it has a stitched seat by gary fisher himself that I never seen, original everything, except tires.

  40. #360
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. Petertje60's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Rotterdam, Netherlands
    Posts
    7,641
    I went for my first ride this year. Weather was still a bit chilly, but good enough to do around 50km.
    Nobody is born with experience

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •