RC Champion

Summit Reverse / Braking issue

I bought a used summit that needed a motor and servo.. got it all fixed up and loving it.. BUT.......

My summit seems to slam into reverse as soon as I try to apply brakes. Its so instant Im sure its gonna break something.

The truck is all stock except of a dewalt motor. everything else seems to operate normally.

Is this normal or should I have a reverse delay, like a 1 second of neutral throttle sort of thing ?

Many thanks.
    Always in Trouble for trying to help out.

RC Champion
    Just thougt of something else..
    It seems to have a Drag brake. when I let off the throttle it immediately slows to a stop.. Only going forward though.. when going in reverse, it free wheels and has a 1-2 second delay before I can go forward.

RC Champion
    sounds like the esc was synced/setup in revers operations or the motor is pluged in revers. that 1-2 seconed delay should be happening when you transition into revers.

I don't know how to say it properly ive been away from the summit for about a year....but rebind your esc again or for a simpler thing switch the motor wires and see how it goes
    summit /mustang /stampede-2s spc lipo

RC Qualifier
    sounds like the + and - are reversed on the motor and they reversed the channel on the radio. flip them around and un-reverse the throttle channel on the radio. not sure about the drag brake though.

RC Champion
    Ahhhh.. Maybe....
    I did have to reverse the throttle channel because
    it was running in reverse. I soldered the red wires to the red side on the brushes on the Dewalt motor so Red motor wires go to red esc wires.. Ill reverse it all and try it..

thanks.

RC Qualifier
    the drag is normal. when u let off the gas the summit is suppose to slowly break on its own.

RC Qualifier
    u deff have wires backward cuz like they said the delay is only when u are driving forward then all of sudden wana go backwards. u shud be able to be driving backwards and hit forward throttle immediatley and pull a wheeley.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by MotherRocker View Post
    u deff have wires backward cuz like they said the delay is only when u are driving forward then all of sudden wana go backwards. u shud be able to be driving backwards and hit forward throttle immediatley and pull a wheeley.
    Reverse Wheelie is all I get.. haha

RC Racer
    Sounds like you got it backwards for sure. On a dewalt you can just pull the brushes out and change the side without resoldering I believe.
    Summit Tacon 2650kv, 17/68, SMC 9400mah,Lem diffs