Thread: power issues

RC poster

power issues

Hey all. Im hoping to find some answers here. I've had my summit for about 5 months now. After running it several times it began acting up. Almost like its lacking power when accelerating. In other words when I gun it its starts off really slow and after a few seconds or more it suddenly speeds up. Then the brush melted out of the motor. I replaced the motor with a dual dewalt 820 kit from kershaw designs in hopes of eliminating this issue as well as added torque and climbing/crawling power. My issue is still the same if not worse. It just seems to drag in power. Is this an ESC issue? Anyone else ever dealt with this? Please help.

RC Qualifier
    Sounds like either crappy batteries or an esc issue.
    Josh

RC Enthusiast
    Maybe the esc is set in training mode....?maybe you need to tighten the slipper? Rusted bearings holding the truck back?

RC Qualifier
    Is your slipper to loose???? Tighten ur slipper right down to make sure. If not then its jr batteries or esc. Try a friends batteries and then an esc to findout.

RC poster
    I tried thigtening the slipper all the way. That didnt help. All of my batteries are new. Im thinking ESC. Was just curious if anyone else has had this issue and what caused it. I love this RC but honestly this is frustrating.

RC Competitor
    Is the esc in the right mode??

RC poster
    Would rusty bearings really be the cause of this? It just seems to be an electronic issue by the way its acting.
    Just wanting to pic your brain. have you had a similar issue b4?

RC Competitor
    Once again are you in the right mode??

Check all connections and connecters.
    Are the lights dimming when you hit the throttle?.
    Mountains cant stop me
    they have tried

RC poster
    Yes lights dim or go off completely when hitting the throttle.

RC poster
    Brandon im fairly certain its in the right mode. But i will double check this asap.

RC Competitor
    Check all linkages and make sure nothing is binding! Heard of lights dimming out but that had to deal with the steering servo I believe!! Can't remember where I seen that in a post but the lights would dim due to the servo and the person not using a bec.

RC Competitor
    Sorry to keep chiming in but if you scroll down a little on this page look for the thread servo acting up!! He says the throttle gets jumpy and lights and electronics get weird!! Very well could be your issue as well!!

RC Qualifier
    You could have a bad servo maybe. Turn ur truck on let it sit afew minute and then place ur finger on every servo. If anyone of them is really hot that could be the problem. Most likey its a bad esc, or connector.

Pretty much the classic symptoms of a servo going or gone bad.unplug all servos from rx plug one in at a time until the issue appears that's the bad one.
    Mountains cant stop me
    they have tried

RC poster
    Bad servos on this beast make it go crazy. I lost a steering servo and everything goes completely nuts. I thought the esc was bad, maybe the receiver and even tried rebinding. It was possessed. Stock steering servo failure was the issue.