Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    RC Competitor
    AWESOME! i cant wait lol

RC Competitor
    Pulled off the wheelie bar til I can get some longer screws so I don't lose them. Upon further inspection It appears the casing to the rear diff started tearing apart so its sorta locked up. Still going to drive it like that plan on ordering new diff. Might look into the xo-1 I beam so it doesn't happen again. The damage to that is from running the VXL on 3s 11/52 for the whole summer I bet, no way it would of happened from 10 mins with the 2800/3s

The I beam make the diffs so much more bullet proof with a lot less chance of failing on you if your using big brushless powersince doing mine they have been smooth and flawless..........peace
    Famous last words...watch this!!!!

RC Competitor
    I think I'm just gunna buy a pre assembled xo1 diff and change the fluid out. No idea when I'm going to purchase one I put the truck back together and the diff is working like normal but I know its still gone. I haven't had time to drive it yet was looking for a new vehicle today with no luck. Hopefully I'll pick up paint and a diff by the weekend and get some pics and maybe a vid up

Yep heres a vid after about 5 minutes of running there went the rear diff! Lol oh well

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jl30M...ature=youtu.be
    Last edited by Brandonrcm; 11-03-2013 at 04:17 PM.

The xo-1 diffs will drop in just fine bro and the damage on your full size is a lot more than what the photos showedBut the pede looks awesome dude...........peace

RC Competitor
    I'm bidding on an XO-1 Diff as we speak! I'd buy both now but the front one hasn't given me any problems so that can stay stock for now, I can't wait to get this thing going now baha. I almost want to rob the diff out of my slash platinum.

RC Competitor
    I won the diff, should be here thursday Pulled out the rear diff and put on the near front diff housing as the last one was cracked and missing a chunk of it LOL!.

Photo looks bad had to turn on flash because of lighting

Heres the inside of the diff cup.. The screw mounting holes completely came out and it wouldnt even hold itself together

Wow dude that's one mashed up diff your truck will fly when the new one in the beast..........peace

RC Competitor
    I seriously can't wait for it to come, After I got that taste before making the video its all i've been thinking about!

Yeah once you get bitten its hard to shake it off dude.............peace

RC Competitor
    you are gonna LOVE that body! nice upgrades too! i am thinking about getting the xo-1 diffs aswell. and does anyone know why my tires are wobbly? its the whole arm thats moving.. the a arm the axel the c hub and the wheel

me and my little bro's rc cars

RC Competitor
    My arms have always been a bit wobbly, my tires aren't balanced too well but it doesn't bother me too much seeing as its a monster truck. I got the aluminum rear hub carriers in the rear and that took out some of the wobble. Your rc's look great man Loving the blue on the ford body. I'm more of a chevy man myself but I have a weak spot for the newer f150s and f250s.

Mine have wobble too but as brandonrcm said its a monster truck not a Gt racer and all my shells are chevy at the moment .....peace

RC Competitor
    Just got my xo-1 diff in, fast shipping! It has some thick oil in it I believe I read the xo1 comes with 100k stock? Don't really want to run 100k in the rear so I'm probably going to wait on installing it til friday when I can get to my LHS to get some 30k and paint.

Nice new diff dude I am in the process of overhauling my diffs as we speak I have another 12 hours before my red thread lock sets and then all systems are go........peace

RC Competitor
    I found some 10k wt diff oil in my box of stuff, I got rid of alot of the thick oil then tried to mix it but it still feels too thin for my liking. So its probably got a little higher then 10k in the rear diff, but that might be OK for the time being as the front has the stock 30k still. I'll run it a bit like this once I get a chance if not i'll change it out for 30k, and put 50k in the front as I heard that was a good setup.

Look at that beefy I-Bar

Got my diff in place, I did add some grease after this pic almost forgot to add some all together

All back together, Family guy on the left, and my thread on the right, thats the way to do it!

That diff should be able to handle anything you can dish out too it.......peace

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandonrcm View Post
    Just got my xo-1 diff in, fast shipping! It has some thick oil in it I believe I read the xo1 comes with 100k stock? Don't really want to run 100k in the rear so I'm probably going to wait on installing it til friday when I can get to my LHS to get some 30k and paint.

I think it comes 30K stock up front and 10K rear.
    I put 50k F/R on mine

are those airplane wheels you have on your wheelie bar? nice rig BTW!!!
    humay has left the building, peace.

I may try the 50wt front and back on the next diff mission thanks dude............peace

RC Competitor
    Yep, airplane wheels! Dubro 1 3/4 wheels to be exact

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandonrcm View Post
    Yep, airplane wheels! Dubro 1 3/4 wheels to be exact
    Great mod. They look sweet. Do they give you a bit of bounce back when you wheelie? They look like they would be bouncy.
    The message above or below may or may not be true

RC Competitor
    They do give a bit of bounce like you said. They're a nearly double the size of the stock ones though so it doesn't wheelie at the same height as with the plastic ones but I like them alot better

Yeah dude love the look of the wheelie bars new shoesHow much did they set you back?........peace

RC Competitor
    They were either 5.79 or 6.79 from Amain. I took the pede for a quick night time drive earlier either I chewed a spur or the pinion came loose, i'll check it out tomorrow and FINALLY get a full run in!

Thanks for the heads up dude I am going to get a set to try out Because I have tried stock and the aluminium wheels and the bearings failed to many times so I went back to stock but these look awesome..............peace

RC Competitor
    I have a long screw with a nut at the end of it tighened against the wheelie bar giving the wheel the ability to roll without the screw being able to tighten itself anymore so its pretty free. I did it on a 2wd stampede years ago and never had any issues. I chewed up my spur in minutes today. I'm pretty sure the motor mount screw just wasn't tight enough so I'll pick up a spur and paint tomorrow.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. mwe-maxxowner's Avatar
    How is the losi motor at low speeds? How is the cogging? I enjoy doing a little low speed driving and crawling as well as high speed stuff. I've heard of the 2400 being pretty smooth for sensor less. I'm comparing these two, and the losi motor is always 20-30$ cheaper.
    460, straightpipes, buried throttle, nuff said :D

RC poster
    What length losi blue springs do you have on there? 2.5" on back and front or is that front a 2"? thx!

RC Competitor
    2.5's all around with a thick preload spacer in rear and none in the front. mwe-maxxowner I haven't gotten much run time on it yet with the amount of day light we have now and need to get a new spur tomorrow.

RC Competitor
    No update still really. Finally picked up a car the other night.. Impala ls fully loaded.. Needs a few things but got it for a good price been worrying about getting that set up right now. I was out buying a new battery today for a different vehicle and realized there was an hobbyshop near, stopped in got a spur wanted to get paint but they didn't have much selection or any black left for that matter.

Heres a pic of the new car though. I'm not in the mood for driving rc's right now with this 30 degree weather anway!

Nice ride dude what size motor is in the car??.......peace

RC Competitor
    I think it's time for an update, I would of posted one if there was anything new that changed. The Impala has a 3.8 v6 motor. Its basicly a luxury car that gets decent MPG. I'm a big dude so I needed something with room again. We bought the tahoe back from the insurance company and have already sold it for parts. It was a good truck but we didn't really feel like fixing it as my brothers the only one good with welding and such it would need to fix the B Pillar but he doesn't have time with his job.

Anyway, I got out to Hobbytown today and picked up some black paint.

I painted the body all black like I had planned and just put the decals on it. Don't need nothing fancy for this truck, the performance of it speaks for it self.

Not planning on using that body until spring, I'll shoe glue it and get it ready for bashing in the meantime though.

I slapped on one of my many bashing bodies and put in a 3S and started beating on it. Wheelies for days, 50mph+ im assuming need to gps it still down the block loads of fun.

I was doing ALOT of fast take offs, quick hard braking, and full throttle down the block and in the grass for about 15 minutes. Its 40 degrees outside only but still you couldn't even tell the speed control was even used, the motor was hot but nothing compared to how warm the velineon got on 3s yet alone even 2s. It was a GREAT UPGRADE. I plan on putting another same combo in my slash sometime this winter. I'll get some real temps probably tomorrow as I am off these 2 days.

Truck still isn't finished I have more upgrades planned Ive just been using funds for other things right now.

Dude the pede is looking sick and and lots of fun to be had........peace

RC Competitor
    I bashed for awhile today, At the end of the run the motor was 160, and the esc at about 108 and battery 105. This ESC is a legend. With those temps though I forget, am I over geared or under geared with hotter motor and cool esc. 160 isn't overdoing it by any means I'm just wondering

Dude 160F is just sweet if it goes over 180f a few times gear down a tooth at a time........peace

RC Competitor
    I know 160 is a great temp. I just thought the ESC would still be hotter. Not complaining just putting down my thoughts Hah

When my tenshock gets to about 155-165f after a few 3s packs my hobbywing pro sct is any where between 105-120f max so it sounds all good man........peace

RC Competitor
    Thats sick man! I can't wait to pick up a few more 3s packs and get some good runs in. I remember bashing with a dude I met on these forums over the summer and he had a nitro revo and I was running my vxl system on 3s on grass and just getting 220 temps on the motor was terrible. But thats a thing of the past now!

You sound like your system is ticking all the boxes for you dude...........peace

RC Competitor
    Trucks been good, haven't posted in awhile because I really haven't done anything to it. Ive gotten in a couple bash sessions and no broken parts yet. Been dealing with alot of other stuff not much time for rc's right now. I bought a series connector about a week ago and finally got time to try it on 4s.

Holy cow, I've had cars dedicated for speed runs before that hit 80+ but you could only do a pass or 2 and the motors and escs are 180+. I did about 10-15 passes on 4s and didnt even have that bad of temps on this thing. It had to of done 60+ Im imagining. My gps is lent out to someone right now or i'd get actually numbers. I plan on doing this combo in my slash sometime soon as a dedicated 4s rig so I wanted to see how it preformed on 4s.

I got the 2nd 2s taped ontop of battery hold down like someone else on this forum did.