RC Enthusiast

Jato 3.3 Revo gearing conversion help! please

Hey guys. I bought a revo 40t spur gear and revo a 19t cb and they dont mesh why is that someone told me they will fit but they dont. What do i to adjust for them to fit

Mesh as far as the engine won't move close enough or mesh as in you have different pitch gears? The Revo spur gear is a 1.0 metric pitch (Mod 1) so make sure the clutch bell is the same.
    The Super Derecho

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Double G View Post
    Mesh as far as the engine won't move close enough or mesh as in you have different pitch gears? The Revo spur gear is a 1.0 metric pitch (Mod 1) so make sure the clutch bell is the same.
    mesh as in they dont touch eachother and what do you mean by make sure they are the same

RC Qualifier
    Loosen the four bolts on the bottom of the chassis that holds the motor mount in place. Slide the motor and mount towards the transmission and set the mesh. Then tighten the bolts while being sure to maintain the proper mesh, it can and probably will move the motor a little when tightening the bolts.

Double G is referring to the size of the teeth on the gears. The stock gears on the Jato are 0.8 pitch and the Revo gears are 1.0 pitch which are larger and wont mesh with the Jato's gears. You can use either pitch on the Jato as long as you use the same pitch on the clutch bell as your using on the spur gear.

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Ball View Post
    Loosen the four bolts on the bottom of the chassis that holds the motor mount in place. Slide the motor and mount towards the transmission and set the mesh. Then tighten the bolts while being sure to maintain the proper mesh, it can and probably will move the motor a little when tightening the bolts.

Double G is referring to the size of the teeth on the gears. The stock gears on the Jato are 0.8 pitch and the Revo gears are 1.0 pitch which are larger and wont mesh with the Jato's gears. You can use either pitch on the Jato as long as you use the same pitch on the clutch bell as your using on the spur gear.
    ok thanks alot will try that and is there anything else i would have to do