RC Racer

how many tooth on pinion to offroad use is maximum?

Hello.

I have a stock stampede 4x4 vxl, it came with 11/54 and i have change it to 17/54.
    It stands the 17t motor pinion that is only for hard ways and high speed, it will overheat offroad.

I have try it with 17t offroad and it been mutch faster hot so i must turn it off and cool it after maby 10-15 minutes driving.

I cannot find my 11 stock pinion but i have a 13t pinion, will that be ok with 13/54 when driving offroad? or should i order 11 pinion that is stock? I also think the speed is to slow on 11t, but offroad is mutch more fun than onroad driving

I use 2s traxxas battery.

RC Champion
    I have found that 11t with 2S to be great for offroad. My new favorite is 9t on 3S for offroad. To answer your question though, 13t will work but expect your temps to rise due to driving offroad and the gear ratio change. Do you have a temp gun?
    Was an xl-5, now its vxl-ent!

For off road use I would never go over 11t with the vxl system and still watch temps like a hawk dude............peace
    Famous last words...watch this!!!!

RC Racer
    Thanks for replays, i have tempgun and when it Reach about 60c i stop driving.
    I have mounted the 13t now and i will try it and se how long it last before it going to be to hot for the motor.
    Then im going to order a 11t pinion to get the right gear for offroad only

Cool man and maybe get the vxl esc fan and one for the motor it all help combat heat...........peace
    Famous last words...watch this!!!!