RC Racer

Who reads there manual?

I just recently purchased a used E Revo and it didn't come with a manual, so I asked for some help and I was guided directly to a manual. This got me thinking..... Who has read there manual ?? I have a Summit and I don't think I have read the manual for that truck.
    My point is, these rigs are not easy to set up. Adjusting the wheels for toe, and camber. That isn't easy, how about adjusting your suspension, that isn't easy either. I "think" these manuals tell us how to do all that stuff. I guess I'm just to lazy to read my manual myself!
    Thanks to those of you that HAVE read there manuals. I for one haven't

This is a great forum!

RC Champion
    manual is useless, I never have read one, never got one either, since always buy used trucks.

I read my manual and refer to my exploded views from time to time. The more time you spend wrenching your rig the quicker you will learn. Toe, camber and suspension + gearing was a trial and error for me. I took a lot of the info from here and tried and see what worked for me...over time I learnt what works well for me and keep my settings very similar...wrenching and learning is all part of the hobby for me .
    Rock n Rolla !

Did I read it before my first run .......ummm No
    I do refer to it from time to time, both the manual & the exploded views.....
    If some pep would read the manual it would answer some of the Q&A that keeps coming up.
    Would you go flip my truck back over??

RC Racer
    There's a manual???!!?
    Sure it'll work, watch this

RC Racer
    Manual? did it come with one? Only use the exploded views.

But do not agree about it beeing difficult to adjust.

RC Racer
    well I'm not alone then. I guess it is trial and error for me as well. This hobby has me hooked I can build a rig that is better than RTR and have a blast doing it. I have been back into the hobby for just about a year and now have several trucks and none of them work at the moment. None of them are close to how I got them either they are highly modified. Sorry back on topic, this website is much better than a manual!

Keep bashing!

RC Qualifier
    i did. Guess Im alone here lol

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Socalirevo View Post
    i did. Guess Im alone here lol
    I did too. I just don't tell anyone I did....mums the word.
    Sure it'll work, watch this

RC Champion
    man....u....al??? How do you spell dat?
    It's been fun. See ya.

RC Racer
    Read the quick starts, didn't fully understand em. Went through the online manual, still didn't understand what they were trying to say for somethings. No instructions for parts bought from Traxxas. Ended up googling for info and you tube videos. Video worth a thousand words arranged in someone elses idea of organization. They need to provide a DVD or links to videos directly from the online manual.

RC Competitor
    I read them. In fact, I was a little unhappy that my ERBE did not come with a nice color printed manual like my Summit and old Emaxx. I had to read it online, but at least it was there for me to look over before I bought the truck. It really helped me to decide on buying it.