RC Qualifier

Any 4-Wheeler Riders Out There??

Anybody on here ride Atv's?? Been looking into them more since i broke my wrist, and i was wondering what you guys think is the best quad for Work and Play. Post up your opinions!!

PS... I am looking into the Polaris Sportsman XP 850.

Dirt Slingerz Racing
    Slash VXL - Summit

RC Enthusiast
    try the suzuki 700 4x4 or the honda 650 4x4

RC Champion
    I ride my moms honda rincon 680, It has more than enough power to get me in trouble with my parents...
    Slash 4x4, Rusty VXL(project), Slash 2wd(project).

RC Champion
    There's nothing wrong with having a lot of power but I don't think it's necessary. My honda rancher 420 works hard all day the gets me wherever I want to play. It's the best of both worlds.

Slash 4x4 built w/ RC4WD PRL RPM STRC TRX and MIP

RC Qualifier
    Nice quad Bash'n'slah!! Yeah, I usually like more power cause in the spring I use my grandpas Sportsman 550 to pull cherry bins up and down through the orchard. I need one that can haul and pull heavy loads.
    Dirt Slingerz Racing
    Slash VXL - Summit

You should send a pm out to pavementsurfer if he is still around, I believe ATVs are his specialty. I know there was another thread on here a long while back all about different ATVs and some strengths and weaknesses.
    Donít handicap children by making life easy

Donít handicap children by making life easy

RC Champion
    Banshee 350 here. Puts a smile on my face every time I crack the throttle and hit that powerband as for 2 wheels, got a crf250r and kx250f, can't wait till racing starts.
    R4lly GT8 | Backsl4sh | Sl4sh MT | Sl4sh | P4de

RC Qualifier
    I like the can am outlanders a lot more than the polairs, the grizzly is also a good bike for the money, its probably the cheapest.

RC Champion
    What it really boils down to is what exactly you are wanting your atv to do...and how much you are willing to spend.

I've had several ATV's and ATC's over the past 30 years.
    Right now I drive a Honda 420 Rancher AT. It has EFI,independent rear suspension,and power steering.
    Overall it's a great machine.
    I've also owned a Honda Rincon,and a Polaris 800 Sportsman...along with several others.

That Sportsman 850 is a great ATV...especially if you opt for the EPS model.
    The Can Am Outlander is great too...but is pretty expensive...and so are replacement/upgrade parts and accessories.

If you ever plan on squeezing a second person on with you...the Yamaha Grizzly seat is almost too small.
    Other than that they are really nice.
    --
    "Dude,I almost had you"
    R.I.P Paul Walker

RC Racer
    im a honda guy i useally ride a 1999 honda formen S but i love my grandfathers outty.
    Blue 1/16 summit vxl crawler

RC Enthusiast
    Currently have a 07 foreman, and 07 honda 450r with cam intake, exhaust mods.

Had both since new, and had zero probs from either.

The foreman is just bulletproof, and is great for hauling firewood, yardwork, as well as on the trails...... I have a large drop rack on it and ride the kids around a good bit.

Ever since i got a 400ex back around 2000, i have needed a sport quad, and the r is just a beast... scary fast sometimes.

RC Qualifier
    Up the sports quads! I ride a 250 Raptor (I know not much for a 6ft 90kg 15 year old) and with the engine upgrades I've done it manages do drag off a YZF250 with my 40kg mate on it.. Let's just say it's quick
    Slugs are just naturally aspirated snails

RC Champion
    sport quad here! 2003 honda 400ex. im not too sure if i like 2wd yet, but ive only ridden it like 2 times since i bought it with a blown rear carrier and stripped axle and hub splines.
    Lead, follow, or get out of my way!

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacob Chandler View Post
    Anybody on here ride Atv's?? Been looking into them more since i broke my wrist, and i was wondering what you guys think is the best quad for Work and Play. Post up your opinions!!

PS... I am looking into the Polaris Sportsman XP 850.

Check out the polaris scrambler 850. Slightly more sporty than the sportsman but still an excellent workhorse

Sent from my SCH-R760 using Tapatalk 2
    Using while stupid may cause serious injury.

RC Competitor
    Fan of Kawasaki here!!! Really sounds like it just boils down to features that you will find usefull. ie: IRS, Winch, 4wd, locking diff, racks. Stuff like that. Sounds like you need a utility over an actual sport quad?
    Start with a stick pack and work your way up, kid

I have drived quads a lot, sadly, other people's and haven't owned one. But, of the quads I have driven, the Hondas have been the best. I would go riding with my friend on his quads just about every weekend, he had his Honda Foreman, and I would take one of his others, normally a Polaris or Bomardier. We'd go through the exact same muck, and the other two would get stock and would not be able to move, we'd use the Honda to pull the other quad out. The low-end torque on a Honda is impressive, when the other quads wouldn't be able to spin their tires, the honda would just power through it.

I never understood, but I never asked either, why he didn't just by another Honda.
    Submarine Qualified, Chief Inducted, Navy Retired

RC Qualifier
    I have been riding quads since I'm 9 and it was my life for a few years. I learned on a trx90, then beat the snot outta my dads mojave, and for christmas in 05 got a brand new yfz450. I've ridden utes and can say with 100% confidence that ill never have one until I physically can not hang on to the 450 anymore. I was 13 when I got my 450 and grew up on it, so I may be a little biased, but sport quads all the way! You'll never be able to blitz whoops or climb crazy hills on a 4x4. As far as giving advise on which to buy, id have to say the honda. my friend just got a hardly used 05 trx450r for 2700 bucks. The reason I don't say the yfz is the maintence. You really have to give this quad the tlc it deserves to keep it running right. There's a reason why yamahas logo is a tuning fork.

Here's my yammi comming up on 9 years old and better than new.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I927 using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by Building Boost; 10-18-2013 at 10:57 PM.

My 06' Yamaha Blaster I had

I sold it over the summer for my 97' Honda CR250

JATO 3.3
    Stampede Build
    DeWalt 12v E-REVO on 4s

RC Champion
    I love the Yamaha Grizzly series. Great all around for work and play.

RC Qualifier
    Just found bent handlebars in my Honda CRF 230F... why does everything have to cost money!? You guys all have sick lookin quads too!!
    Dirt Slingerz Racing
    Slash VXL - Summit

RC Qualifier
    Oldbikedude, you get the pic of the blaster in dirtwheels? I was just looking thru an old one and swear I seen your quad

Quote Originally Posted by Building Boost View Post
    Oldbikedude, you get the pic of the blaster in dirtwheels? I was just looking thru an old one and swear I seen your quad

Yeah, its in the February 2011 issue, page 28 (I just checked lol) It was in there before some of the upgrades but it was in there
    JATO 3.3
    Stampede Build
    DeWalt 12v E-REVO on 4s

RC poster
    i'd have to suggest yamaha grizzly for a workhorse...
    polaris parts wear fast, gets sloppy.
    personaly i ride a Cannondale Blaze or a Banshee when i go out
    wife rides either the yz125 or a Cannondale
    or the RZR800 cames in handy for group rides or hunting, cold weather.

RC Racer
    The Hondas are reliable, I tried a Polaris 850 XP because I've had really good luck with their snowmobiles too.

I love this quad, I tow heavy loads with it all the time, it is a work horse, I've had it a little over two years and I haven't had anything go wrong, still feels as tight as the day I bought it, I even use it to load and unload my 19 ft boat at the lake.

RC Qualifier
    Well I've been in the dunes since I was 6wks old I started out on a little electric Walmart 12v quad then. I got a 50 bashed that thing to pieces got to big for that and got a lt 80 had a blast with that for 4 years I stepped up to a blaster exactly like yours. Then I had the splurge to get a dirtbike since my dad has one and I've been riding that now. [IMG][/IMG]

RC Qualifier
    I have been thinking about getting a KTM 450 XC-W Dirt Bike for Endurance Racing so I could hopefully try and make a career out of it...
    Dirt Slingerz Racing
    Slash VXL - Summit

RC Enthusiast

I love riding i have a 2007 raptor 700r that is my baby and has been taken care of very well, my brother has an 09 yz 250 that also is his baby, and my dad has his rhino 700 that he loves for work more than play, but good for both. All of the pictures were taken about 2 weeks ago. Not pictured we also have a 1999 yamaha kodiak 400 and a 2000 honda fourtrax 300. Both for work and still fun. The last picture is at St.Joe State Park in Park Hills Missouri. We live about 40 min north so its not too far away. One of the only parks to ride at thats close.
    Last edited by Dirtburner12; 11-13-2013 at 06:44 PM.