Thread: Just died??

RC Competitor

Just died??

I was running my car at my house doing 40+mph runs just taking it easy when it just shut off. Good thing I was in a turn. It just coasted and hit the curb. I can't see anything that could of did this batt are healthy motor was not hot? But my car will not power on its dead no lights no nothing what could it be. Did my ESC die?? Running 25t pinion
    Last edited by Ldoeling; 09-30-2013 at 10:53 AM.

RC Champion
    just a shoot in the dark...considering its a castle esc .the switch might be done on it.
    summit /mustang /stampede-2s spc lipo

RC Enthusiast
    how is your throttle control set. mine did this the other day, i would gas it and it would cut off and coast. the esc would flash red 7 times then you would hear the esc beep and return to normal. after i fixed the throttle control settings, it works fine.

RC Competitor
    man all these esc problems have me worried....my xo-1 is coming in 2 days. Do you guys recommend any checks I can do to make sure the esc on the xo-1 is built solid?

RC Competitor
    Was there a resolution to this?

RC Racer
    I'm guessing the esc switch........just a guess.
    Sure it'll work, watch this

RC Racer
    mine died on me a while back going around 60ish. had no control of the vehicle and luckily it went straight into the grass.
    like reod12x2 said, could be the switch. just solder the two wires together to eliminate an extra step to turn on/off the car.

Texas, Chemical Plant along the Gulf Coast
    I have a handful of TQi Tx/Rx combos and my little boy's will loose connection once in a while. But we have to turn the Tx off then back on and its good to go. But like reod said the ESC switch will go out. All you have to do is cut the switch and solder the wires together. They tend to go bad. Castle will actually have to try and cut it off as a first resort to see if it fixes the problem.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore