RC Racer

2 different brands

can you run 2 different brands of batteries at the same time (erevo) as long as the s, mah, and c are the same? I would think as long as they are showing the correct voltages in the cells it would not be an issue? sorry if its a dumb question im new to electric.

RC Champion
    You are really supposed to run the same brand and specs of batteries. You also want to make sure you run the same pair of batteries at the same time each time. That way they will be charged and used and so on at the rate and time.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

I do not recommend it. C rating can be very different from one company to the next.

When running two batteries they should be identical twins for parallel and the only difference they can have for series is cell count.

This means the same C rating, same manufacturer, same age, same cycles, same mAh, ect.
    Whatever it is I just typed... could be wrong.

RC Racer
    thanks. then what is one to do when they have a pair of lipos and one goes bad? deal with it and junk the good one as well? I only have 1 electric (erevo) that requires 2 packs to run. I was just going to get a different one the same ratings but I cant find one the same brand. even if I could find the same brand I read its not recommended to run a new pack and an old pack even if they are identical correct? I will just get a new pair and call the old pair a loss im thinking.

If I had 1 go bad, I would sell the good one on eBay... cheap.

As you use a pack, the IR (internal resistance) increases. Running a pack with higher IR over a new pack with lower IR is going to do some funky things to both packs.

Traxxas and SPC are the packs I recommend looking into.
    Whatever it is I just typed... could be wrong.