Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast
    RC Qualifier
    Lol they would look

RC Qualifier
    You will need the Demolisher Universal Bead lock rims from RC4WD. They are 5.68 in wide and will look so much better.
    These are the only rims I could find that we're big enough . That was almost a year ago so some searching may turn up something new.
    https://store.rc4wd.com/mobile/product.asp?itemid=2309

RC Qualifier
    I can't find them. rc4wd is out of stock

RC Qualifier
    You can make your own from stock Summit rims it's much quicker.

RC Qualifier
    Man I have no clue how to make rims for them tires can u help me? R build me some and I pay u for them?

RC Qualifier
    It's easy to do I can help you along the way. If you wanna try it order 8 stock Summit rims . I used a Dremel with a cut off wheel to cut the rims . I used plastic epoxy to join them but you can also use PVC cement.

RC Qualifier
    Just 8 stock rims like was on a summit originally?

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Billgates1234 View Post
    Just 8 stock rims like was on a summit originally?
    Yes 8 stock rims unless you don't like the stock rims . I'm sure you could use some other plastic rims if you had some in mind.

RC Qualifier
    Man I'm so sick of this I have my wires solder good and I let the solder flow on to the plug like everyone said. The plug doesn't come off at all but my and esc gets hit and so does the esc wires and will act like it try to go forward reverse but it barley why is this? Man I'm ready to give up on this of I can't fix this Lil problem

RC Racer
    wow what an impressive build. just read through the entire build and will def be subscribing to see what comes in the future. that is one bad rig you got Malone.

RC Qualifier
    Hey u have the 1/5 scale body on your summit? Would all the other parts from the summit fit on it r u had to do some modfactions?

RC Qualifier
    Hey man these servos u use to turn your big swampers would it fit in my summit 1 10? Dual savox 1230sg 500oz of torque? I I really need some

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by sgibby88 View Post
    wow what an impressive build. just read through the entire build and will def be subscribing to see what comes in the future. that is one bad rig you got Malone.
    Thanks it never gets old hearing that.

RC Qualifier
    Hey u have the 1/5 scale body on your summit? Would all the other parts from the summit fit on it r u had to do some modfactions?
    Pretty much everything bolted right in. The servos will work but you will need a stronger servo saver spring and saver arm.

RC Qualifier
    What kind of saver spring did u get and what kind of saver arm I want them to be the same as us so them series u have turns us swampers like they ain't nothing? And how fast is yours? Do u do alot of bashing with ur aluminum chassis?

RC Qualifier
    Hey Billy the Kid since you liked the pic of my tires i thought i would send a pic of the motor as well. Mine is the one on top .

[IMG][/IMG]

RC Qualifier
    Dude ur motor is huge I need to ask u something my motor is burned up it rolls freely at the shaft I'm I'm sending it but anyways do u believe this the castle creations guy told me the 2200kv brushless motor with mamba Monster 2 want last long in my summit 1 10 cause that motor was made for the revo really he said the summit is to heavy for that on 3s he said the e revo is later he said that motor on 3s will kill my motor in the summit cause its so heavy I don't think he new what he was talking about do u?

RC Qualifier
    Im no expert by any means but lots of guys run that same motor. I'd say yours died early because of overheating from the esc wires but 6s is gonna be harder on the motor than 4s . I was really hoping it just needed recalibrating . Are they gonna send you a new one since it died so quickly? I find it weird that it was running fine until the wire came loose.

RC Qualifier
    The wires touched and the motor got hot and the esc did to it was running but not good at all they r going to fix this one I to wait

RC Qualifier
    Hey I found ur motor it said ur has 30000rpm mine has 60000rpm what's the difference?

RC Qualifier
    Hey I found ur motor it said ur has 30000rpm mine has 60000rpm what's the difference?
    Yours is like 6hp and mine is almost 10hp.

RC Qualifier
    Ordered some Integy aluminum orange shocks and stopped at the hobby shop to order a T Maxx brake disc #TRA4964 to use as a clutch pad.

RC Qualifier
    How is mine faster if ur has like 4hp more

RC Qualifier
    Yours will redline at 60000 rpm and mine at 30000rpm . The 2028 revs lower because it weighs 44 ozs and your only weighs 15 ozs . Its kinda like a light 4 banger versus a big heavy V8. Maybe i should have said it revs higher but different circumstances such as gearing and weight would determine which would be faster. I think if you put the super swampers on it will slow your motor down much more then it would mine because of the torque difference. In something light like a rustler yours would be much quicker .

RC Qualifier
    Stopped at a Flea market after work yesterday and picked up a nice body for Overkill. Its another New Bright 1/6 scale but its a Jeep with an interior . For ten bucks i couldn't pass it up. Boys want it for their Summit so they can put arm men in it. Might have to get some different rims and tires that will match better.

[IMG][/IMG]

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by malonefamily2003 View Post
    I am starting my Summit 1/10 build. This is my first hobby grade rc and my first build and need some help. I am looking for some huge wheels and tires . I have some tires i would like to use Interco Super Swamper 40 Series 3.8" TSL/Bogger Scale Tire Part Number Z-T0109 from RC4WD and want to use these wheels Demolisher Universal Beadlock Wheels 14mm, 17mm 23mm Part Number Z-W0137 but not sure if they will fit Summit. I am also dropping a Castle Creation 2028 brushless 780kv motor and Mamba XL2 34v esc . I will be running two 8s lipos. I have ordered the aluminum chassis and motor mount from Kershaw Design so my second problem is i cant find a 32 pitch spur gear with a 8mm center bore to fit this big motor. Thanks for any help
    Try to find some jumbo kongs
    1/10 Summit

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by malonefamily2003 View Post
    Stopped at a Flea market after work yesterday and picked up a nice body for Overkill. Its another New Bright 1/6 scale but its a Jeep with an interior . For ten bucks i couldn't pass it up. Boys want it for their Summit so they can put arm men in it. Might have to get some different rims and tires that will match better.

[IMG][/IMG]
    Looks very nice.
    Love to see it in action

RC Qualifier
    If you you want jumbo kongs u can buy them on ebay all day long brand new

RC Qualifier
    Got my Integy aluminum shocks in today . Now i gotta find the time to put them together. The plan is to paint the springs True Blue Pearl and find some fabric with small enough Ford logos so the wife can make some shock socks.

[IMG][/IMG]

RC Qualifier
    Got my springs painted and put the shocks together.

[IMG][/IMG]

RC Qualifier
    I got some shocks just like that but mine is silver

RC Qualifier
    Have the night off so i got some work done on Overkill. Installed some Proline body caps, put my roll bars back on , bolted the Integy shocks up , T Maxx brake disc for the slipper pad, and started on the mod to run my wires up the rear body post for the lights. A while back i took 2 washer and ground them down so they fit over the bearing but applied more pressure on the spur gear so i installed that too while i had it apart. The T Maxx disc was thicker then the original slipper pads so i had to shim out the motor mount because the gear reduction started rubbing the spur.

[IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]

RC Qualifier
    Very nice truck man!
    Summit RX8/1550kv-Slash4x4 MM2/2400kv Twin-V Merv.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by boilo56 View Post
    Very nice truck man!
    Thanks you got any updates on yours?

RC Qualifier
    I'm at the drawing board, working on my snowblower! Also a got in rc boating, so i also have some trailer and rescue boats projects!

RC Qualifier
    Took OVERKILL out today and against better judgement i didn't change out the TX batts and had to call the wife to bring me some. I was using OVERKILL to knock down some trails in some tall weeds and sticks. I tried the same a few weeks ago with the stock Summit but it didn't have enough weight to do the job. All was good until i stood him on his nose one to many times trying to back over some small trees . Another stock servo arm bit the dust so i ended up having to carry him home. After about half a mile he got heavy so i put it in low and just kicked the tires to steer as i drove. So needless to say no more plastic servo arms (weak link) for me . I would rather kill the servo then have to carry OVERKILL back home again. Lesson learned the hard way.

RC Qualifier
    Aluminium BELLCRANK!!!

He already has an aluminum bellcrank.
    Whatever it is I just typed... could be wrong.

RC Qualifier
    I have an aluminum bellcrank but left the stock servo horn as a weak point my mistake .

RC Qualifier
    oh! Sorry, my mistake!