RC poster

1/10 e revo brushless or slash 4x4?

i had a 1/16 e revo for about a month and liked it, but sold it. my brother has a slash 4x4 ultimate and i love it. i also like the revo. my questions are, what does the revo handle turns like comparred to the slash? i know the slash is a purpose built truck, and they are completly different. my brother can take 90 degree turns on pavement at pretty high speeds. what is the revo like in that aspect? i know my merv rolled over pretty easy doing things like that. im mostly using which ever i buy for bashing and just plain fun. on road, and in dirt and gravel. i like drifting around doing doughnuts, and some small jumps. would the revo handle good enough for what i want? also do i have to run dual battereies in the revo, or can i just run one 2s for example? thanks in advance guys!

RC Enthusiast
    I have a slash 4x4 I want to sell

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

also do i have to run dual battereies in the revo, or can i just run one 2s for example?

yes you will need two batts. One 2s will be mind numbing slow ....
    Would you go flip my truck back over??

RC poster
    haha i kind of figured that with the size of the truck. thanks for the info man, any one else with imput on the handling of the truck?

RC Qualifier
    The eevo handles decently but taking a 90 degree turn is gunna make for some pretty impressive barrel rolls , but keep in mind (if you have never seen the 1/10 scale erevo) its a huge truck therefore it needs to run 2 batteries or it crawls, but i assume you could lwer the stance and make it handle better but not at 90 degree turns, i have the erevo and the slash 4x4 and its no compition, the ervo basically spits on all my other trucks as far as offroad power goes, but it is in a close race for my favorite just trailing bhind my rusty, but if i were you the erevo is a no brainer, as long as u have a large enough area to run it and let the mamba monster out of its cage!!!!!!!!
    8 traxxas models and counting....

RC poster
    thanks for the imput man. i have seen the truck many times at my local hobby store, and i know its huge lol. i just cant decided between the two. i just want to be able to throw it around the turns on our little dirt track we built in the woods, without it rolling over. i know i would love the revo, but i feel i would be dissappointed if i couldnt throw it and drift it around the turns here on the dirt and pavement.

RC Qualifier
    The dirt drifting should be no issue, the pavement is where you are gunna get some body rash lol
    8 traxxas models and counting....

RC Racer
    Sway bars made a huge difference in mine. It's far harder to flip now.
    Sure it'll work, watch this

RC Qualifier
    Variable damping is also a cheap but effective upgrade

RC poster
    what exactly is the variable damping ? does it also help with handling and roll over?

what exactly is the variable damping ? does it also help with handling and roll over?
    Read this.

http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...ping-Shock-Kit
    Summit Rustler Sl2sh TMaxx Pnde Slayer Sl4sh

RC poster
    so if i understand right, the damping kit is used to tune the shocks compression and rebound settings. i guess this would help a bit with setting it up for maxium stability, but i feel like the sway bars would help more for what im looking to do? right? thanks for the help guys!

sway bars are a good upgrade, they are some what adjustable too.
    Would you go flip my truck back over??

RC Enthusiast
    The ERevo is a very stable truck , I do mostly off road but with the right tire/suspension set up I think it would be a killer pavement packer ! I have never tried a slash but I would strongly recommend the erevo ( BL of course )

RC Champion
    I'd suggest the e-revo for you too. You can always adjust the handling with shocks, sway bars, and tires. The e-revo can be a beast on the street just by adjusting these.

Moved from the E-Revo Brushless subforum.
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

RC Qualifier
    I like both. If you have the money for it, go for the E-Revo, it'll be more fun long term. I ran out of stuff to buy for my slash, and I only put about $100 in it running stock electronics, E-Revo has a lot more parts available. Nothing beats the Rustler for parts though. If you have the money, go for the E-Revo! If you want to save some money (~$150) than, get the Slash 4x4. They'll both put a smile on your face!
    Brushless Rips, Nitro Drips!!! BL Power FTW!