Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Dude I loved your slash but this just plain sick and the colour is super mint manwill watch this like all your other builds..........peace
    Famous last words...watch this!!!!

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by WesleyK View Post
    Woah, very nice!
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by mikekoz68 View Post
    Ya that is nice! Very rich, deep looking green you got going on there and a nice touch with the wheel nuts matching. I especially like the fact that you can see the real motor thru the rear window, nice job!
    Thanks Man, it turned out not too bad, something that should show up well outside and at speed.

Quote Originally Posted by spenniepoos View Post
    Dude I loved your slash but this just plain sick and the colour is super mint manwill watch this like all your other builds..........peace
    Thanks Buddy!

Here are some more shots for this page

RC Qualifier
    wow viperZ.....great job.....that is an awesome colour.....what is it?....I really like it

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by simon32man View Post
    wow viperZ.....great job.....that is an awesome colour.....what is it?....I really like it
    Thanks Simon!

The Main color is Pactra Ice Lime, backed with Tamiya Florescent Green, Pactra Florescent white backer, and then Tamiya Silver, all rattle can.

The rood panel and inserts is Parma Pearl Black, air brushed and then backed with Tamiya Silver.

The window tint is Pactra Transparent Black Smoke, and not Tamiya as previously stated....

I'll take it outside for some nature light shots today.

So the modeling clay wheel balance material was a bust, seems once the clay dries it just slips off the wheels I'm going to try some non hardening Plasticine, or that sticky tack used for stationary... Any other suggestions?

RC Qualifier
    [QUOTE=ViperZ;5583296]Thanks Simon!

The Main color is Pactra Ice Lime, backed with Tamiya Florescent Green, Pactra Florescent white backer, and then Tamiya Silver, all rattle can.

The rood panel and inserts is Parma Pearl Black, air brushed and then backed with Tamiya Silver.

The window tint is Pactra Transparent Black Smoke, and not Tamiya as previously stated....

I'll take it outside for some nature light shots today.

no problem dude....love that lime colour....I think that will be my next colour.....great cant wait to see them shots....as for the wheel balancing...use the clay as your determined weight and then go to a tire fitters and ask for some alloy wheel balancing weights of that weight...as they just stick to the wheel...

RC Champion
    Wow amazing work viper! Truly a cut above the rest for sure.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

RC Champion
    very nice indeed!!! the wheel nuts really sets it off. would be nice to have some aftermarket aluminum parts the same color as your ride.

RC Champion
    no problem dude....love that lime colour....I think that will be my next colour.....great cant wait to see them shots....as for the wheel balancing...use the clay as your determined weight and then go to a tire fitters and ask for some alloy wheel balancing weights of that weight...as they just stick to the wheel...
    If you're looking to use this color I think I would recommend the Parma Fastpearl Key Lime. I just picked up a bottle and it has a finer pearl pigmentation which looks a lot nicer, as well the color is just a bit deeper and more to what I was expecting with the Tamiya Ice Lime. The Ice Lime is still nice, but this Fastpearl Key Lime looks much nicer. Check my Rally Build thread for a picture of the bottle against the Ice Lime. It is airbrush and not rattle can, so that may be a deal breaker for you. Outside pictures following...

I picked up some plasticine putty and some mastic compound that I try for the wheel balancing, Thanks for the suggestions!

Quote Originally Posted by mrtwohands View Post
    Wow amazing work viper! Truly a cut above the rest for sure.
    Thanks Man! I think my work is pretty normal compared to others , but it's nice to get the recognition! Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by G-Rustler View Post
    very nice indeed!!! the wheel nuts really sets it off. would be nice to have some aftermarket aluminum parts the same color as your ride.
    Yes, I agree, I have been scanning the aluminum upgrade sections for this color. It seems there some of it from Integy for the Slash... Thanks!

As Promised, here are some outside pictures of the paint. The one aspect I'm really liking is the Pearl Black! I remember as a young tad my girlfriend's brother had a custom 1972 Z/28 painted pearl black... I loved that car and made that color one of my favoritest.... (not a word I know, but had to use it)

Although that bigger car in the background is pretty darn fast, I know this XO-1 would kick it's butt!! LOL

RC Qualifier
    Wow that is some awesome car....and the m3's not bad either..Lol....looks great in the sun light...it looks a mean piece of kit...thanks for suggestions...I'm hampered by not air brushing....so I'm limited by canned colour

RC Champion
    Car looks great! Nice touch with the rear decal and the black pearl is really cool.

Jeremy
    Jeremy

RC Champion
    Wow that is some awesome car....and the m3's not bad either..Lol....looks great in the sun light...it looks a mean piece of kit...thanks for suggestions...I'm hampered by not air brushing....so I'm limited by canned colour
    That's brilliant Simon! Yeah, the color is more subdued in the shade, but really comes alive in the sunlight. That can be said about the pearl black as well...

Quote Originally Posted by ponie1992 View Post
    Car looks great! Nice touch with the rear decal and the black pearl is really cool.

Jeremy
    Thanks Jeremy! I may have to paint a whole car in Pearl Black! When I was planning it I thought it would more or less replicate the effect of carbon fiber, which I think it does.

RC Racer
    Looks great! I've been trying to find the time to air brush mine. You beat me to leaving the decals off the back and opting for clear/smoked. I will try a variation.

I think I read somewhere that some type of plumber's putty works for wheel balancing and it's cheap.
    Sure it'll work, watch this

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Flyextreme View Post
    Looks great! I've been trying to find the time to air brush mine. You beat me to leaving the decals off the back and opting for clear/smoked. I will try a variation.

I think I read somewhere that some type of plumber's putty works for wheel balancing and it's cheap.
    Nice! Looking forward to other various themes for inspiration!

I used some non drying putty form the children's craft section that seems to have worked very well, except for the bright blue or yellow colors LOL. I ordered some proper tape weight for RC wheel balancing. I decided to try 2 different types to see what works best. I'll post it back here once in place.

Took the XO-1 out for it maiden voyage today. Very nice, predictable with a lot of presence due to it's size on the track. I can see where a person would need a lot of room to stretch it's legs. I took it to were I did my Rally speed runs. Her ethe Rally had lots of room, but the XO felt a bit confined.

I had the stock 14/46 gearing, system unlocked. IW as not looking for top speed today rather just wanted to run it in, get use to the feel of the car, and play with it a bit. Top speed hit was 92kph/57mph via telemetry. Seems about right by feel as before I looked at the readout, I guessed less than 60mph. I didn't bring the Radar gun with me just to avoid any acts of heroism. The car fell really smooth and powerful! I liked how controlled it felt and how drift-able it was. You could hold the drift and maintain control of it very well..., Very Nice!!

It showed me the XO-1 isn't just about top speed, it can be a fun machine to power slide around, or to make fast corners with. The car always felt planted and never like it wanted to pitch and roll over like my Converted Rally/GT8. The XO is rock solid. Only once did it nearly flip, but that because I think I hit the brake while mid way in a turn and then cranked the wheels the opposite direction... The car was very smooth over all making the road surface seem pool table smooth. However when the road did turn rough it's limited suspension travel chowed it limits by pitching the car in a bucking fashion, where as the long travel suspension of the Rally/GT8 just absorbed this. This was around a section of the pavement that had a manhole drain. In all my runs with the Rally/GT8, I never realized this section was so rough, but did with the XO-1. Not its fault..

After the run I took a temp gun to the motor, it ready somewhere around 86F, not bad at all. I would like to get a pinion somewhere between the 16 and the 34, one that would give me 70-80 mph range and still be good in the low end speed. If anybody has any recommendations that would be great.

The tires were nice and warm after the runs, I didn't measure the temps but will next time. I loved how the tires were worn like a real race cars tires with the scallop wearing and small pebbles sticking to the warm stick rubber! Simple stuff, but this in itself made my day.... That an the power slide driving the XO-1 does with precise control. This one is a keeper for sure!

I took pictures and a video. The video is nothing exciting, but I'll have a look and see if I can make anything out of it. The pictures are okay. I should have set a slower shutter speed to capture more effect of speed, but I was too excited about driving, pictures became an after thought LOL!

The chassis after the run

Loved the way the tires looked!

RC Champion
    That body is awesome! Simple but affective! Nice action shots.
    Slash 4x4, Rusty VXL(project), Slash 2wd(project).

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by sean1214 View Post
    That body is awesome! Simple but affective! Nice action shots.
    Thanks! I wanted to retain a street super car look! Next one I think I'll paint orange in keeping with the outrageous single color theme

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by ViperZ View Post
    Thanks! I wanted to retain a street super car look! Next one I think I'll paint orange in keeping with the outrageous single color theme
    Looking closer at the pics that has quite a bit of body roll, I think it needs to learn a lesson on handling from your m3....

RC Champion
    Looking closer at the pics that has quite a bit of body roll, I think it needs to learn a lesson on handling from your m3....
    It's actually not that bad at all... I still was planning on trying out the higher rate Red E-Revo springs. As well I have a sway bar kit coming to me.

The car really handles well, and if I can get my Rally/GT8 build to feel as planted as the XO-1, I'll be very happy!

RC Qualifier
    Your builds are awesome. Great work. Love the body. Green for the win!
    Big Air Don't Care

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Babby View Post
    Your builds are awesome. Great work. Love the body. Green for the win!
    Thanks Babby, I appreciate your comments! Cheers!

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by ViperZ View Post
    It's actually not that bad at all... I still was planning on trying out the higher rate Red E-Revo springs. As well I have a sway bar kit coming to me.

The car really handles well, and if I can get my Rally/GT8 build to feel as planted as the XO-1, I'll be very happy!
    Surprising, glad to know it handles well, just didn't look that way in the pics.

RC Champion
    Surprising, glad to know it handles well, just didn't look that way in the pics.
    Yeah, its a very docile and predictable car in general because it's bigger, longer wheel base, thus reacts closer to a real car to the surface, with out feeling over amped up like a modified 1/12 scale pan car LOL!!

I received my Futaba Rx and Savox servo and proceeded to install the units. Snapping... is this servo ever fast!! It's unreal! I didn't install the glitch buster, but may as I notice the servo is noisier at times, whit a bit more chatter. Not a concern just an observation.

I'm really looking forward to using the Futaba 4PLS with the XO-1 for I just love the feel and feedback this Tx provides.

Finally I can convert all my current surface vehicles over to the 4PLS

Futaba R304SB Telemetry Rx, Savox SB-2251SG High Speed Digital BL Metal Gear Servo, Glitch Buster

Very close in dimensions, the Savox mounting holes were off in length (shorter) just a smidge. It took sequential tightening of the servo screws and the radio box holder to get in place.

I was surprised at how tight and small the XO-1 radio box was compared to a Ultimate Slash

Futaba R304SB installed

Model set-up and naming in the Tx

Servo in place, the old horn fit, just had to make some minor adjustments. I'm waiting for a Axial aluminum horn

Ready to roll, I can't wait to test it out!

RC Qualifier
    Its coming along very nicely....great work viperZ...the more I look at this thread the more I want one.!..

RC Champion
    Thanks Simon! One day when you do get one, you'll wonder why it took so long

RC Qualifier
    What kind of camera do you use to get those fantastic quality photos? And beautiful car.