RC Qualifier

seaking 180 installs

Well my stock esc fried yesterday so I'm thinking about upgrading to a seaking 180. Before I do can any of you guys post pictures of the install? any modification to get it to work? Also do you guys like the seaking? Any overheating? Thanks

RC Qualifier
    I know I just used like a half inch thick piece of lexan to mount it to. Never had the boat with stock electonics, so can't share thoughts on that. But temp wise I've always been right around the 90-95 degree mark.
    MERV SV3/5700
    Slash MMP/2400
    Slayer Pro
    Spartan

RC Qualifier
    here are some pics of the two boats with the seaking 180. I also used plastic blocks and 3m two sided tape to hold the plastic and the esc in.http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...-pics-of-boats both boats esc's usually run about 95 degrees also Make sure you waterproof the esc before installation. I used the spray electrical tape the first time and I did not have any luck with that. I now use the black electrical tape in a can and brush it on with a small paint brush. Do all the way around the esc where the plastic see through bottom connects to the body. This is o-ring sealed and prone to leakage. I also put dabs on the top bolts and all the exposed electrical. If I ever submerge the boat I can still look in to the plastic bottom, with the esc still in the boat, to make sure there is no water . Keeping this esc dry is a must.
    Last edited by SJS; 09-18-2013 at 04:13 PM.

RC Qualifier
    Can you use the factory motor with the seaking esc? Thanks

RC Qualifier
    I dont see why you couldnt.....

RC Qualifier
    SK180 is more powerful than stock electronics, I almost run mine 30-50mins. max without heating problem, you can use the stock motor, but you cannot push bigger props. Because of the can size, stock have a 3674 2 pole, you should go 4 pole with 4082 can so that you can put bigger props.
    Sharing is the best thing to do on EARTH legally.

RC Qualifier
    That's good run time Edgemoulic! What batteries are you using?
    PM for info.....

RC Qualifier
    11.1v 5000mah x4 In series to double the run time, you just have to monitor the temps.
    Sharing is the best thing to do on EARTH legally.

RC Qualifier
    That's good! Do you use wholt shafts/cables? Do you also you a Teflon liner, because I I use mine for more than 10 min, that Teflon melts...
    PM for info.....