RC Enthusiast

Unhappy 3.3 Will not turn over no matter what -,-

Ok so I recently bought a #5309 revo with the 2.4ghz radio not the super duper radio. The truck is fairly new just taken a few beatings from the previous owner who didn't know how to drive. Anyway the engine looks really new, no pitting, tight pinch etc. The cooling head has a few bend fins towards the top so I think it's just rolling over but no real block/head damage. So far I've:

-Replaced the glow plug
    -Wiped down the starter bearing
    -Replaced the starter bearing
    -Tried pull starter
    -Tried glow heater with eZ-start on and no blue wire on
    -Primed it enough
    -Reset factory needles
    -I'm using TRX 20% nitro
    -Cleaned air filter
    -Full charged ez-start batt

I think I've done about all I could with this thing. It's really sad considering it's pretty much brand new and it won't turn over, now I'm probably going to have to shell out whatever $ it cost to trade in to a new engine which really disappoints me.

*When I bought the truck it would start up for 5 seconds and shut off so I figured it would turn over it just needed to be tuned to the different gas in it*

Did the previous owner break the motor in? If not, then it's still too tight to turn over easy. Also, almost any new engine will be hard to turn over... Good luck, hope this helps!
    Summit Rustler Sl2sh TMaxx Pnde Slayer Sl4sh

RC Enthusiast
    So I went out to the garage, fiddled with the LSN turned to close then out 1 1/2 turns, set the idle screw gap bigger...watched the fuel lines prime and she actually turns over!!! Now to figure why she's going reverse when I throttle...

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 4

Now to figure why she's going reverse when I throttle...
    Sounds like BOTH diffs where put in backwards!
    Summit Rustler Sl2sh TMaxx Pnde Slayer Sl4sh

RC poster
    I'm not for sure about the 2.4 but the older q3 there is a switch for each channel that you can flip to make the servos reverse the action. Like my second channel switch when flipped one way will apply brakes when pulling trigger, and gas when pushing trigger, n wen flipped other way gas will be wen pulled n brake wen pushed.

Its all about the DROID MAXX HD

RC Qualifier
    With a Nitro engine you will get braking when Pulling the trigger ( supposed to be throttle action) and when pushing the trigger it will accelerate ( supposed to be braking) It would not cause it to reverse.
    Do you have any Pictures of this unit?
    It may have the optional reverse and could actually be in reverse mode, or as Wolfslash16 stated the diffs could be installed backwards, I actually did that my first disassemble and Reassemble.
    SgtTraxxas I am not sure how much Experience you have with Nitro but be careful not to run it to lean or you can go from having a great engine to having a toasted one real quick if.
    1. the engine was not broke in properly and you do not break it in properly using the Traxxas Break in procedures
    2. running the engine to lean causing overheating and excessive wear ( due to inefficient lubrication etc)
    T-Maxx 3.3 :)

RC Enthusiast
    I have a decent amount of experience with nitro. I've just been doing trial and error. My second revo but first one I'm actually keeping. I got it running fine but now having electrical problems with the throttle servo not working. I also took apart the 3.3 to put on my 18tm from my jato and the clutch shoes literally disintegrated as soon as I took the clutch bell off.