Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 160 of 294
  1. #121
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    656
    Now I'm jealous, wish I have something like that. Those sides will hold up better than the old ones.
    I love it!!!
    Did you say Traxxas?

    Yes with or without lipos.

  2. #122
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    327
    Quote Originally Posted by Building Boost View Post
    Cnc plasma? Niceee

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I927 using Tapatalk 2

    yes Cnc plasma



    don't know if this is a one time fluke or something I did wrong i have always used Pactra Paint but the guy said Testors and Pactra was the same >i have panted a lot of body not the best looking ones but never had this hapen


    Last edited by cooleocool; 03-18-2014 at 08:18 PM. Reason: merge

  3. #123
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Corpus Christi, Texas
    Posts
    379
    Looks like you used paint for regular plastic and not lexan. I've made that mistake before and it looks similar.
    Lexan paint is designed to flex with the body, while regular paint will crack or flake off it is flexed. If you still have the cans I'd check to see if they say whether they're for lexan or not.

  4. #124
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    327
    thanks i am not sure what i am going to do i am just really bummed out about it right now

    i got the new bed sides in today


    Last edited by cooleocool; 03-18-2014 at 08:18 PM. Reason: merge

  5. #125
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. rag6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Accepting requests for bashing at GREENWOOD BASHPLEX in Pittsburgh PA!! Check the thread in the track buddy forum and reply there or pm
    Posts
    13,766
    That happened to me once with the paint chipping like that. Since then, I use a scotch brite pad right before my final wash and dry and no problem since. I now use only Tamiya spray paints. The nozzels spray finer with less spitting. I quit using pactra after my first attempt at a fade...

    Can you clean and paint over the chips?

    The rails sure are purty. alum or steel?
    Ya can't polish fertilizer...

  6. #126
    RC Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    connecticut
    Posts
    33
    nice build!!! needs some big rubber mud flaps under the bed for the dually look and headlights, taillights, and roof mount to complete the scale look
    it wont let me post a list of my trucks here....

  7. #127
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    327
    Quote Originally Posted by rag6 View Post
    That happened to me once with the paint chipping like that. Since then, I use a scotch brite pad right before my final wash and dry and no problem since. I now use only Tamiya spray paints. The nozzels spray finer with less spitting. I quit using pactra after my first attempt at a fade...

    Can you clean and paint over the chips?

    The rails sure are purty. alum or steel?
    i am not sure i would try it but dont want it to chip more and bed rails are steel

    i am looking to do some mud flaps and lights one day I set a proline scale roof rack but i did not like it

    what do yall think of the bedsides? i just have them stuck on there to see how it looks


    Last edited by cooleocool; 03-18-2014 at 08:17 PM. Reason: merge

  8. #128
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Newcastle, Australia
    Posts
    969
    The sides look awesome man, so does the whole build. Top work.
    Slugs are just naturally aspirated snails

  9. #129
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    327
    Quote Originally Posted by JoelRobbo View Post
    The sides look awesome man, so does the whole build. Top work.
    thanks joel

  10. #130
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. rag6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Accepting requests for bashing at GREENWOOD BASHPLEX in Pittsburgh PA!! Check the thread in the track buddy forum and reply there or pm
    Posts
    13,766
    Side mirrors? I am really enjoying this.
    Ya can't polish fertilizer...

  11. #131
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Biggest Little City In The World
    Posts
    734
    you could paint the the under side of the cab body a rust color to make it look like a rusty old truck.
    "You just got passed by a Traxxas"

  12. #132
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    327
    Quote Originally Posted by NvDesertRat96 View Post
    you could paint the the under side of the cab body a rust color to make it look like a rusty old truck.
    i would do the rust thing but if the rust sticks and all the outher paint keeps chiping off it would suck

    Quote Originally Posted by rag6 View Post
    Side mirrors? I am really enjoying this.

    i am looking at some Tamiya Semi Trucks mirrors
    Last edited by cooleocool; 03-18-2014 at 08:16 PM. Reason: merge

  13. #133
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    656
    Very nice work on the new sides. I feel bad about your body, though the rust look will make it look cool. We'll see where this will go.

    Looking forward to see mirrors on it.
    Did you say Traxxas?

    Yes with or without lipos.

  14. #134
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. rag6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Accepting requests for bashing at GREENWOOD BASHPLEX in Pittsburgh PA!! Check the thread in the track buddy forum and reply there or pm
    Posts
    13,766
    I would clean the underside, scuff with a scotch brite, then repaint with the same yellow. It will look better than it does now and any loose paint should come off with the scotch brite pad...
    Ya can't polish fertilizer...

  15. #135
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    327


    Last edited by cooleocool; 03-18-2014 at 08:15 PM. Reason: merge

  16. #136
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    656
    Nice videos. Was that your tool box falling off of your truck in the first video?

    Looks like a Rustler needs road side assistance. You should do a tow truck next.
    Did you say Traxxas?

    Yes with or without lipos.

  17. #137
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    327
    thanks and yes the tool box fell off the rustler is getting some love tonight thinking of doing a removable tow truck boom

    link to the Rustler http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...54#post5618554

    Wish me luck


    Last edited by cooleocool; 03-18-2014 at 08:14 PM. Reason: merge

  18. #138
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Temecula,CA
    Posts
    2,148
    All luck to you...
    Slash 4x4 LCG+(rolling)HCG, Slash 2wd(raptor)

  19. #139
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    327
    Quote Originally Posted by sean1214 View Post
    All luck to you...

    thank you This is where I stopped on the paint removal last night




    now just need to wash it
    Last edited by cooleocool; 03-18-2014 at 08:14 PM. Reason: merge

  20. #140
    RC Competitor
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    95
    If the paint is not sticking (and you don't think it's due to flex)...spray it with adhesion promoter before the first coat.

  21. #141
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    656
    Are you going to do the same color for it?
    Did you say Traxxas?

    Yes with or without lipos.

  22. #142
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    327
    Quote Originally Posted by SouperkNight View Post
    Are you going to do the same color for it?
    I like the yellow but not sure if i am going to go back with it or not

    I am taking it apart to fix a few things and mount the bedsides and paint it

    Last edited by cooleocool; 03-18-2014 at 08:13 PM. Reason: merge

  23. #143
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Temecula,CA
    Posts
    2,148
    Hopefully the paint will stick better this time...
    Slash 4x4 LCG+(rolling)HCG, Slash 2wd(raptor)

  24. #144
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    327



    Last edited by cooleocool; 03-18-2014 at 08:13 PM. Reason: merge

  25. #145
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Vancouver, B.C. Canada
    Posts
    255
    Would love to see some smoke stacks behind the cab. It looks killer!
    Slash 2wd Vxl, ERBE; Crash N Learn

  26. #146
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    327
    Quote Originally Posted by wmckay96 View Post
    Would love to see some smoke stacks behind the cab. It looks killer!
    i am going to do stacks i want to make the smoke but looking for a kit that dont take oil or is spill proof

  27. #147
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    656
    Nice pic now all you need is presents in the back or better yet have your Slash pull Santa's sleigh.
    Did you say Traxxas?

    Yes with or without lipos.

  28. #148
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    405
    Hey man can you show me how you did your trailer axles? I wanna make a trailer but I don't know how to make stiff axles for the tires and won't wobble. Thanks!

  29. #149
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    327
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobiispo View Post
    Hey man can you show me how you did your trailer axles? I wanna make a trailer but I don't know how to make stiff axles for the tires and won't wobble. Thanks!
    My big trailer has a tube that a piece all thread fits in tight but is lost to spain with a locknut on backwards on both sides






    Quote Originally Posted by Cobiispo View Post
    Hey man can you show me how you did your trailer axles? I wanna make a trailer but I don't know how to make stiff axles for the tires and won't wobble. Thanks!
    and some of my outher trailers just gave all thread with nuts to lock it into place and lock nut on back


    Last edited by cooleocool; 03-18-2014 at 08:12 PM. Reason: merge

  30. #150
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    405
    Oh great, thank you James. I'll be making my trailer with similar axle designs. Thanks!

  31. #151
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    327
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobiispo View Post
    Oh great, thank you James. I'll be making my trailer with similar axle designs. Thanks!
    anytime let me know hw it goes

    finally ordered some lights will take a few to get here coming from Hong Kong


    Last edited by cooleocool; 03-18-2014 at 08:12 PM. Reason: merge

  32. #152
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    327

  33. #153
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    El Cajon Ca
    Posts
    1,805
    Nice little video james.....
    "enjoy your ride"

    Dennis

  34. #154
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    327

  35. #155
    RC Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    connecticut
    Posts
    33
    do you have a link for the lights i like that control module for my scale rc drift rig...and when you get it tell me if its any good?
    it wont let me post a list of my trucks here....

  36. #156
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    327
    Quote Originally Posted by G0nz0 View Post
    do you have a link for the lights i like that control module for my scale rc drift rig...and when you get it tell me if its any good?
    i will let you know how good they are

    http://www.ebay.com/itm/261072520199...84.m1423.l2649

    All painted ready to go back on






    Steping down to a 14


    Last edited by cooleocool; 03-18-2014 at 08:11 PM. Reason: merge

  37. #157
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    656
    I just watched your video and between 1:17-1:24 that one boat looks like one I got. BTW nice video I love that school bus drifting around a bit.
    Did you say Traxxas?

    Yes with or without lipos.

  38. #158
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    327
    I got the window masks today just waiting on paint


    Last edited by cooleocool; 03-18-2014 at 08:11 PM. Reason: merge

  39. #159
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Newcastle, Australia
    Posts
    969
    Sweet build mate, looks awesome.
    Slugs are just naturally aspirated snails

  40. #160
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    1,346
    really cool build. im thing about turning my summit into a semi and making a trailer to haul around my drifters

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •